Wasuthon is being deported back to Thailand by Danish authorities

webfact

25 minutes ago, perconrad said:

Strange, in all my 75 years I have never met any foreigners with that view about us Danes, so I don't believe you.

Please see my post immediately above (spoiler alert: it doesn't end well for you Danish).

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:
4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Please remember that entering any country illegally, is illegal, whether asylum is being sort or not and the vast majority of illegal immigrants are not applying for asylum!   There is a legal way to seek asylum and it is not by sneaking in under the cover of night in a boat and disappearing into the community.

Expand  

That is completely incorrect.

I am pleased you are not defending any human rights cases.

https://www.unhcr.org/en-au/3b66c2aa10

What was incorrect in my comment?   I'm sure you know which of those 56 pages is relevant to my comment, I sure as sugar am not going to read them all.  Perhaps you could be kind enough to indicate which one I should read?

Bear in mind that the people referred to in my comments are those entering illegally, the vast majority of them are not refugees that the Convention you so kindly linked is concerned with.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

4 minutes ago, perconrad said:

I have seen it, but I will guess that you don't rate all Danes after the behavement of one Danish manager.

I won't rate all Danes based on that guy, but he really set a bad example for the rest of you. Who I'm sure are fine people (that said, I'm still on the fence about one of you here on TVF, but I won't mention his name).

21 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What is the "required documentation that is impossible in this case"?   In the case of immigration rules, if it is not possible for an applicant to meet those requirements, that doesn't make the requirements "impossible", it just means that that individual could not meet them.   They may not be "impossible" to another applicant. 

Thailand does have requirements for immigration and if applicants cannot meet them it doesn't make them "impossible requirements".

The adoption documents, have you read the case in details?

Staying as a foreigner in Thailand is easy, very easy, compared to doing the same in Denmark; a Thai citizen cannot live in Denmark due to for example retirement, and it might not be possible to stay based on marriage. Mothers might separated from their children, there have been a number of cases about that.

Let me give you an example from the news media: A Danish citizen brought his younger Thai wife and their common children to Denmark to settle, after some successful business years in Southeast Asia. He invested in a food mart, in a major city. His wife wass going to be self supporting - a part of the permission for stay - so the wife would have a job as manager of the new food mart - it's a mall with multiple renters - and she had a contracted annual salary of more than 400,000 Danish kroner (approx $63,500), which is the required minimal salary for her to obtain residency permission. However, the Danish authorities was of an opinion that her educations and qualification did not comply with the size of salary, so they did not accept that she could have that position, and it therefore was fake to get a permission to stay. The wife was given (very) short notice to leave Denmark, even she was married to an ethnic Danish citizen, and even they together had two children with Danish citizenship; and even the family had plenty of funds and were fully self supporting. The whole family sadly left Denmark and moved back to Thailand, as they of course didn't wish to be separated.

Sad, but true...:crying:

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, norfolkandchance said:

We wish.

Less of the WE!

7 hours ago, robblok said:

wrong post 

You might wish as Smedley might wish, I certainly don't wish him to stop posting. I enjoy most of his posts, and most people post silly things now and again. It is to lighten up the gloomy posts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Staying as a foreigner in Thailand is easy, very easy, compared to doing the same in Denmark; a Thai citizen cannot live in Denmark due to for example retirement, and it might not be possible to stay based on marriage. Mothers might separated from their children, there have been a number of cases about that.

Let me give you an example from the news media: A Danish citizen brought his younger Thai wife and their common children to Denmark to settle, after some successful business years in Southeast Asia. He invested in a food mart, in a major city. His wife wass going to be self supporting - a part of the permission for stay - so the wife would have a job as manager of the new food mart - it's a mall with multiple renters - and she had a contracted annual salary of more than 400,000 Danish kroner (approx $63,500), which is the required minimal salary for her to obtain residency permission. However, the Danish authorities was of an opinion that her educations and qualification did not comply with the size of salary, so they did not accept that she could have that position, and it therefore was fake to get a permission to stay. The wife was given (very) short notice to leave Denmark, even she was married to an ethnic Danish citizen, and even they together had two children with Danish citizenship; and even the family had plenty of funds and were fully self supporting. The whole family sadly left Denmark and moved back to Thailand, as they of course didn't wish to be separated.

They should apply after EU rules...Those pesky low level government officials at Office for Foreigners can't do much, when/if all EU conditions are met.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Wow... this sounds really mad. I live in Norway, and of course you can bring your wife/husband and kids to live in Norway. There has to be something broken with Denmark if this is true. 

All spouces in Norway can apply for residency, and it is the Norwegian citizens salary that is considered, not The immigrant. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, godonnet said:

Wow... this sounds really mad. I live in Norway, and of course you can bring your wife/husband and kids to live in Norway. There has to be something broken with Denmark if this is true. 

There is overwhelming support in the danish population for (extremely) strict immigration laws, othewise politicians wouldn't come up with these laws and they wouldn't use ''foreigner card'' as home safe for vote collection.

<Removed post edited out>

The problem regarding the Danish bureaucracies decision to not give the boy permission to stay in Denmark is that his mother first adopted him after she had gotten settlement in Denmark and the adoption is not made legal in Denmark.

Edited by metisdead
Removed post edited out.

Several off topic deflection posts and replies have been removed. 

Forum Netiquette:

7. Please do not post off-topic responses in an attempt to hijack the thread. Such posts will be deleted. 

A post commenting on moderation has been removed.

Edited by metisdead

6 hours ago, Farangdk said:

They should ignore the rules. So where would you draw the line for ignoring rules? It is sad when it is about children. But a rule is a rule.

Did you not see the question mark in my post?

It was a rhetorical question.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, perconrad said:

Danes are not scared about foreigners wherever they come from, but they don't like when they don't behave themself.

And we as British feel the same way towards foreigners.

Well behaved people are welcome, people who wish to progress and work, provided they fulfill entry requirements are welcome, people in dire need of assistance such as genuine asylum seekers will be provided for and helped.

What the UK doesn't need is illegal economic migrants, boat people, and those coming to bleed the safety net system provided to help the vulnerable in the form of state benefits and accommodation for those in most need.

We also don't need nor want such people attempting to force their ways of life and belief systems on us when they are not compatible to the British way of life.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, godonnet said:

All spouces in Norway can apply for residency, and it is the Norwegian citizens salary that is considered, not The immigrant. 

Unfortunately not anymore in Denmark - it once was like that, i.e. if you got married your wife had legal requirements to stay in your country, but it changed about 15 years ago - however, Danish partners are free to settle in the spouse's country instead, and that is often how it ends.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What do you mean?  Europeans applying for residency in Thailand are granted it if they meet Thailand's requirements aren't they?  I disagree with Denmark's decision but all they are asking is that immigrants meet their requirements.  Just as Thailand does.

you haven't dealt with the Thai govt have you?

• Sad 1

About foreign children and Denmark, there have been two previous cases that got major public attention, both with Thai children.

A problem with a spouse's child from a previous relationship is that it's often the spouse coming to Denmark alone due to marriage, and thereafter the spouse wish to bring a child from a previous relationship in as family reunification, typically a single mother that finds love with a Danish man.

The Danish authorities can say, that the child in question has stronger ties to Thailand, having lived there all, or most of, its life there, and also because the mother left the child behind. However, it might not have been an option, or possible at all, to get a visting visa for both mother and child in the first place, as then the mother's ties to Thailand would be to weak to be allowed a visit in Denmark, because the purpose of the visit could be regarded as to apply for residency. Therefore a child from a previous relationship is normally left behind for a period. For the Thai mother such a solution is natural, because it's custom for Thai parents, and especially single mothers, to move out of a village to work somewhere else, and send money home while her parents, or grand parents, takes care of the child. Danish authorities don't view this as normal practice.

The two major cases, which both resulted in some changes in law, were the girl Im in November 2013, where both mother and her 8-9 years old daughter left Denmark, and stayed in Thailand for about two months, until the law was changed; it was not an option to stay in Denmark, as they needed to apply for a new visa from abroad. The law-change was called "Lex Im".

The second more recent case was about the girl Mint, where the mother left a hardly two years old child alone with the father, her Danish husband, and returned together with her about 12-13 years old daughter that had no relatives in Thailand, but still was expelled from Denmark; how would a girl of Mint's age manage to survive alone in Bangkok, or anywhere in Thailand? There were a number of similar cases at the same time, one or two families moved to Germany. About a year later, after change of government, a law change made it possible for Mint, and her mother, to return. Previous cases, where family reunification had already been applied for, before the new law, would also be accepted. The law-change gives a parent, typically mothers, a time frame of three month to apply for family reunification with a minor child from a previous relationship.

The sad thing is that it needs media attention, to get mistakes corrected in a law, but it's sometimes worth the effort, and can end happily...????

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What was incorrect in my comment?   I'm sure you know which of those 56 pages is relevant to my comment, I sure as sugar am not going to read them all.  Perhaps you could be kind enough to indicate which one I should read?

Bear in mind that the people referred to in my comments are those entering illegally, the vast majority of them are not refugees that the Convention you so kindly linked is concerned with.

I shall allow you to wallow in your lack of knowledge, since reading the convention seems to be of no interest to you, it could improve your knowledge, but that would take an open mind, something which by your posts, you do not seem to possess. It may interest you that once a person enters a country, irrespective of how they enter, and claims refugees status they are assessed un the convention and other legal documents.

Edited by RJRS1301
  • Haha 1

from the article:

the Hague Convention statement on adoptions which reads that an adopted child should “first and foremost be helped to grow up in its home country”.

Just wondering if it would help Parphatsanun's case if she changed her name to "Angelina Jolie"...

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, perconrad said:

I don't understand why you and foreigners with your view of the Danes will live in Denmark. Why not move to a more welcoming country.

But perhaps it's the high taxes in Denmark that you like.

It's the same as members of this forum who live in Thailand, but never have a good word to say about the place.

On 9/11/2021 at 9:51 AM, webfact said:

the Danish authorities have decided to deport Wasuthon back to Thailand

I reckon the Danes know what they're doing and all channels of the boys case have been legally scrutanised.  :chitown:

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, 2long said:

I'm not denying for a second that the lady is his legal mother, and probably cares for him more than his natural mother did/does.

I was just biting at another member's post saying 'the boy's parents.'

She is his adopted (legal) mother, and that would make the Dane his adopted stepfather.

I hear you the one thing I am not sure of is if he is the childs legal adopted father,  Seems he has tried and been denied.

Wonder what would the outcome be if he came bck here and fully adopted the Guide.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Danish authorities have decided to deport Wasuthon back to Thailand

I totally agree with The Hague Convension.

Hague Convention statement on adoptions which reads that an adopted child should “first and foremost be helped to grow up in its home country”.

And 

The Danish Agency of Family Law also added to the explanation of the rejection that Guide has a network in Thailand to grow up in and that granting the adoption to Guide would be differential treatment since Guide’s younger brother is still living in Thailand with his grandparents.

So who and where are the biological parents?

I've seen this several times and even been asked myself to adopt kids to bring to Norway. In actuality, most of these kids are not being adopted, legally yes, but the biological parents will still function as their actual parents. While it's of course an opportunity for the kids to get a better future for themselves, it's also a financial opportunity for the biological parents. The kids are often not adopted out of necessity. 

That being said, it's well known in Scandinavia that it's very strict. For me as a Norwegian it is illegal and invalid to adopt children abroad without going through an adoption process in Norway, for obvious reasons.

For "her" she needs to provide clear documentation and proof of the situation of the biological parents and other family members in her home country.

Third, the financial requirements are high, and very clear. If she is the only adoptive parent of the two then a minimum paying cleaning job won't do it, it won't provide a "secure" future for the kid in Denmark. If they break up, he will not be required to pay any child support and her financial situation will be drastically worsen, to the point where you start questioning if the kid actually would have a better upbringing in Denmark than in Thailand.

I could of course be wrong, but the lack of information in the article about the boy's situation in Thailand and his biological parents makes me skeptical. They knew the risk but went for it anyway. In my opinion it should be illegal, if it isn't already. It shouldn't be easy to adopt and import children and I think most people can understand why that is.

13 hours ago, ericthai said:
23 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What do you mean?  Europeans applying for residency in Thailand are granted it if they meet Thailand's requirements aren't they?  I disagree with Denmark's decision but all they are asking is that immigrants meet their requirements.  Just as Thailand does.

Expand  

you haven't dealt with the Thai govt have you?

Yes, I have.   Are you suggesting that Europeans applying for residency in Thailand that meet all of Thailand's requirements are not granted it?   What evidence do you base that on?

On 9/11/2021 at 11:34 AM, Scrotobike said:

Same here in Thailand, at some point the Thais are going to change the rules again and a few (if not most) will find their stay terminated. Not a nice thought but (after 7 years here) I think a real possibility. Not deported just told the stay will no longer be extended.

No way this will happen. There is always a way to stay in Thailand. 

7 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:
19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

I shall allow you to wallow in your lack of knowledge, since reading the convention seems to be of no interest to you, it could improve your knowledge, but that would take an open mind, something which by your posts, you do not seem to possess. It may interest you that once a person enters a country, irrespective of how they enter, and claims refugees status they are assessed un the convention and other legal documents.

And I shall allow you to wallow in your lack of comprehension as my comment was about illegal immigrants who sneak into countries under the cover of darkness and then disappear into the community.   They are not refugees claiming asylum.  They do not fall into any of the categories defined in that Convention that I did read.  I suspect that you didn't, but, if you did, please point out the sections that cover illegal migrants who clearly are not refugees.   Don't bother, there are none.