SURVEY: Wasuthon--Stay in Denmark or return him to Thailand?

Scott

SURVEY: Wasuthon--Stay in Denmark or return him to Thailand?  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ten-year-old Wasuthon Nielsen also called “Guide” came to Denmark from Thailand three years ago after his adoptive mother brought him with her to her Danish hometown of Taulov, where she lives with her Danish husband. Now the Danish authorities have decided to deport Wasuthon back to Thailand.

In your opinion is this the right decision or a huge miscarriage of justice?

Please feel free to leave a comment.

For further reading:

https://aseannow.com/topic/1231162-wasuthon-is-being-deported-back-to-thailand-by-danish-authorities/

https://scandasia.com/wasuthon-is-being-deported-back-to-thailand-by-danish-authorities/

4 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

You have problem reading english and understanding that I am saying deporting him is wrong

"If there is someone to punish, find a way to punish the one who violated the law -- without punishing the child. "

Don't you think if the mother is punished (deported) the boy is forced to leave too? 

• Like 1

If the boy is happy and well treated, as he appears to be, leave him there. Is anyone in Thailand requesting his return?

Me, as a ten year old, having to make a choice between an Aunt or my Grumpy Olde grand parents (in my case) to live with = there is no choice.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

This is a hard one for me...  If there is anyone to punish it is the adoptive mother for violating immigration laws. 

If the shoe was on the other foot, how would Thai immigration act?

There's your answer.

• Like 1

If the boy wants following :

- getting drunk every weekend ( or taking drugs, as Taulov is near Fredericia, where drugs are easily available and drug use, as well alcohol, is rampant among teenagers in Denmark)

- totally brainwashed by Jante's law

- walking around with socks in sandals

- complete disregard to other cultures,

- believe that Denmark is the center of the Universe

Then let him stay here.

If the boy maintains his thai soul, I predict a (very ) difficult transition for him here.

There is though a litte thai shop in Vejle(near Taulov), where mom can buy groceries to make somtam.

Edited by drenddy
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Ask the Thai govt what they would do if this was happening in Thailand

The Thai government are mostly Military Academy educated soldiers who would not have the brains to know what is best involving a kid in this situation. If any of them was asked, they would just toss a coin to give an answer.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

20 hours ago, DBath said:

It appears the overwhelming majority of those who participated in the survey would support your claim.

Well luckily TVF don't decide Denmark's immigration policy and which laws to follow and which to ignore otherwise there would be no rules of law and everybody would claim their case to be an exception.

20 hours ago, DBath said:

Give the poor kid a break - some of you are being too rigid...the Danish gov't need to make an exception or tweak their archaic policy.

Anyway, the people have spoken and it's even a decent sample size at latest count (44 to 5): YOU LOSE!

We don't lose anything, Danish law wins and your loaded poll is irrelevant.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

I think the kids should not be allowed to stay in Denmark.

From what I read, it sounds like the family in Thailand want him to go to Denmark to get a better life, like millions of people from developing countries. 

It's not his mother, it's his aunt, who is a cleaner! 

Thais in Denmark are already milking the system; it's enough some unqualified woman marrying a Dane, but to let some relative sponge of them as well is wrong. I am Thai btw, and it was extremely difficult for me to get citizenship. Denmark should reciprocate.

My friend married a Dane and moved to Thailand. After a couple of years, they decided to move back to Thailand and the Danish government gave them 500k baht of tax payers' money(in Danish money)  for relocation. 

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

23 hours ago, Scott Tracy said:

From what I read, the adoption is legal in Thailand, but not in Denmark. Harsh from the Danish authorities, in my opinion. Who do they think is his guardian under Danish law? His biological mother? His grandparents? Under Thai law, his aunt is his mother.

Imagine, if you will, a marriage taken place in Thailand, not recognised elsewhere. No legal recourse. This is the same. Pick and choose what to recognise. Oh no, the adoption is not legal in Denmark, off you go. As far as I can see, the aunt violated no Thai law when she adopted the boy. She may not have been aware that the Danish authorities did not recognise the adoption, until he arrived in Denmark and was refused entry. Why was he not refused entry? Why doesn't the Danish husband adopt the boy under Danish law?

There are plenty of practices in Thailand that are not recognized outside their country as being legal in other countries. You only have to look at Thai wedding ceremonies etc.

All those advocating on here to let him in to Denmark are giving no respect to Danish law. 

Yet as soon as a foreigner breaks Thai laws, the ' hang em high ' brigade on this very forum show their true colours by screaming ' Deport him '  for the slightest infraction of Thai laws or ' We are guests in their country, we should follow their laws ' that's another favorite on here.

Yet here we have a clear cut case of not meeting the criteria, (he has been through the appeals procedures and they have given their reasons for refusal), for permission to stay long term in a country which is run by a Western , fair democratic, law abiding country and now TVF members want the rule book thrown away and exceptions granted.

It doesn't work that way.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1