Thailand reports 11,646 new COVID-19 cases and 107 more deaths

webfact

COV30.jpg

File photo: REUTERS

Thailand on Thursday (September 30) reported 11,646 new COVID-19 cases, 10,887 recoveries and 107 additional deaths over the past 24 hours.

◼︎ 10,887 recoveries

◼︎ 11,526 new infections 

◼︎ 120 prison / prison infections

▶︎ Total infections since April 1: 1,574,612

▶︎ Total recoveries since since April 1: 1,443,247

Thursday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 1,603,475 with 16,727 deaths.

The news comes as the Public Health Ministry signed an agreement with AstraZeneca to acquire 60 million doses of the company’s COVID-19 vaccine next year to be administered as booster shots.

Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul and Dr. Opas Karnkawinpong, director-general of the Department of Disease Control, attended a ceremony together with representatives of AstraZeneca (Thailand) for the signing of the contract to acquire the 60 million doses of the vaccine to be used as the third and booster shots for people next year.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Asean-now_Covid-Dashboard-Stats-Graphic-Template-Thailand-(update30SEP).png

asean_now_BB.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

the numbers are receding ever so slowly

.....and vaccination percentage rates are on the weekly rise. 27% as we speak and increasing ever so fast [compared to what it was during the early mismanagement] 

Hope springs eternal. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Nobody ever judges trends based on the last 3 days. Also, hospitalizations, people on ventilators and deaths continue to drop daily. Those are the numbers that matter right now and going forward.

7 day average is what we are looking at, and today less were discharged from the hospital then were added needing treatment based upon the PCR testing.  ATK test positives are being treated at home and not in a hospital and surely some of them do end up being retested as they need hospitalization for issues.  Yes the serious critical cases are slowly declining, but then I await to see what the next few days bring.  Yes deaths should be tailing downward as they lag new cases by two to three weeks.  Lets hope that trend continues downward.  100+ deaths a day is still disheartening.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, webfact said:

Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul and Dr. Opas Karnkawinpong, director-general of the Department of Disease Control, attended a ceremony together with representatives of AstraZeneca (Thailand) for the signing of the contract to acquire the 60 million doses of the vaccine to be used as the third and booster shots for people next year.

why not 15 million since you have decided only a 25% dose is all that is required administered in a way that goes against  AZ directions

Thailand listed at 50 out of 53 countries in the latest Bloomberg Covid Resilience Ranking Best and Worst Places to Be as We Learn to Live With Delta

"The Covid Resilience Ranking is a monthly snapshot of where the virus is being handled the most effectively with the least social and economic upheaval. Compiled using 12 data indicators that span virus containment, the quality of healthcare, vaccination coverage, overall mortality and progress toward restarting travel and easing border curbs, the Ranking captures which of the world’s biggest 53 economies are responding best—and worst—to the same once-in-a-generation threat."

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/covid-resilience-ranking/

You can also find it here if you are blocked with a paywall 

data 30 sept 3.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

The figures, which no one believes anyway, are becoming meaningless. There will continue to be rises and falls in infections for months and years to come. The hospitals can cope and vaccination numbers will reduce the number of severe cases.

Now open the schools!

Nope.  Not until there is sufficient vaccine coverage.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pravda said:

I'm disappointed because things are getting worse and the government is being dishonest about pretty much everything. 

I am disappointed that my quality of life in Thailand has gotten 90% worse in the past year. I can only imagine how the average Thai feels like.

But let's see if things actually get better. I don't think so. Most of the world has ready had a 3rd booster jabs. I mean a 3rd booster with 3 quality jabs. I still didn't have a single one.

I don't know what part of Thailand u live in, but where I live any foreigner who wants a vaccine can get one very easily, walk in vaccines every week. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

Fewer deaths are a good thing, but celebrating when 'only' 100+ people die of this heinous virus seems, at least to me, a little cold.

There is a middle ground: hope for better but give the dead and their families proper respect and save the glad handing, because those who suffered losses are hurting.

i didn't see anything resembling a 'celebration' in the post you quoted.  i also didn't see a reference to 'only 100'.  it seems you added alot of drama to a post that didn't have any.  the informational posts here are alot more helpful than those adding the 'drama'.