Top Thai virologist claims herd immunity does not work with COVID-19

webfact

The problem with this virus is its deadly nature, It is interesting to note that it has now killed more people in the USA than the deadly so called Spanish flu of 1918, of course there are variables when trying to compare like population size and the availability of vaccine technology plus the S'Flu targeted the younger population mostly children but those that underplay the deadly nature of this virus are making a big mistake, it has alreqady mutated once into something more deadly and transmisable lets hope the next mutation is the one that kills it off - it's a <deleted> shoot as to how it goes  

google search - The 1918 flu is still with us’: The deadliest pandemic ever is still causing problems today

Edited by smedly

10 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Wrong... it's very simple, but there is more to it than that. 

When people cough & sneeze less they spread less virus.....  

When people are symptomatic for a shorter period of time, they spread less virus.....

It can’t be explained any more simply than that for you. 

It wasn’t about whether they spread less, it was about whether they spread it and it’s possible for vaccinated people to spread COVID, that’s all I’m saying! 

43 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Soooooo, who gets to decide what is acceptable and what is "dangerous"? We all went to school in western countries and we all learned to read and make decisions on what we read. The only thing "dangerous" IMO, is when certain people take it upon themselves to decide what I can read. The only time, IMO, that censorship is justified is in a time of war, and we are not in a war.

[and we are not in a war] - thats debatable, we are fighting a virus on a global scale and this fight is preventing a quick return to normalcy and costing the economy, businesses, livelihoods, health and ultimately peoples lives. 

The propagation of misinformation has impeded this return to normalcy.

At some point those in governance need to make the decision that those unable to protect themselves need to be protected from those unable to recognise the greater good. 

On 10/4/2021 at 3:32 AM,  WhiteBuffaloATM said: 

right, think I’ll stay with western medical institute opinion on that…

FDA/ EMA / MHRA

“As it happens I read the same in western media. It is a simple mathematical formula, where with the contagious nature of the delta variant herd immunity is not possible.”

——————————————————————————

Anybody have any idea what this means ?

On 10/4/2021 at 10:10 AM, cclub75 said:

Many of the "colds" are in fact coronaviruses... And this is precisely why there is no (long term) immunity against "colds".

Nah, only 4 of them are coronaviruses, there's like 200 common colds in total including the various strains / sub strains - that's why there's no vaccine - it's due to the 200, not the 4 coronas.

That said the coronas do hit much harder than the others and despite being only 2% of the viruses they account for a large percentage of all colds, can't remember what it is exactly - but it's thought to be something like 20%

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

It wasn’t about whether they spread less, it was about whether they spread it and it’s possible for vaccinated people to spread COVID, that’s all I’m saying! 

But why are you saying it? Vaccines in general mitigate against the spread of infections, diminish death rates, reduces hospital rates and in general help fight against the spread of the disease. Why discuss the effectiveness in any other way? Except to spread a covert anti vax message? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

But why are you saying it? Vaccines in general mitigate against the spread of infections, diminish death rates, reduces hospital rates and in general help fight against the spread of the disease. Why discuss the effectiveness in any other way? Except to spread a covert anti vax message? 

Read my post prior to the one and you'll know why I said it. I don't have the time right now. Go to my profile and there you'll find my latest responses.

3 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I’m pro vaccine, by the way, and got my second shot 2 months ago. This is why I said it:

03056DBE-CC68-4576-B76B-D9C1CE62E685.png

Edited by pacovl46

10 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Vaccination is ALL about the fact that the virus is spread less....   

The fact that vaccinated people can still spread the SARS-CoV-2 virus is being miss used to spread false information by anti-vaxxers that the vaccines are ineffective - this is not true. 

‘Some’ are deliberately not telling the whole story or completing the full sentence in the interests of spreading their own bias....  when you wrote ‘thats all I’m saying’ highlights that you have omitted and important facet of the discussion... 

“Vaccinated people ‘can’ transmit the SARS-CoV-2 virus, but they contribute to the spread of SARS-CoV-2 and Covid-19 to a far lesser degree than unvaccinated people"

Strange how the anti-vaxxers never complete that sentence. 

I’m not an anti-vaxxer. I got my second shot two months ago. And I haven’t left out anything either! You need to read my comments in context and then they’ll make sense! 

I never said that everyone who’s vaccinated can still spread covid. I’m saying that some people can, like the 10% who still get infected despite the Pfizer vaccine and the 40% who get infected despite the AstraZeneca vaccine, and then of course there’s some people who’s bodies simply don’t produce antibodies despite getting vaccinated, it’s rare, but it happens. 

I’m also not disputing that vaccines slow down the spread, but as the main article says, here immunity is probably not going to happen. 

All I’m saying is that covid can still spread despite people getting vaccinated. That’s a general statement on my part as well as a fact. I hope that cleared that up. 

Huh? Where did they dig up this dude? His comparison is apples to dinosaurs! I got one. If you take rifles away from 80% of the hunters, it wouldn't keep the other 20% from shooting rabbits.

If he were an app in America he would be shut down for misinformation.  I wish. 555

• 4 weeks later...

Natural immunity varies in so many ways for each of person not even factoring in anybody that’s immune compromised  , Scientifically it has been proven before with other vaccines forms herd immunity with greater then 80% of population immunized, Fact ! 
Vaccines level the playing field for robust immunity for everyone and herd immunity if 80% or greater is achieved.

Otherwise are people willing to sit down and play Russ Roulette ?? Because that mindset is exactly what your doing !!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Robert Tyrrell said:

Natural immunity varies in so many ways for each of person not even factoring in anybody that’s immune compromised  , Scientifically it has been proven before with other vaccines forms herd immunity with greater then 80% of population immunized, Fact ! 
Vaccines level the playing field for robust immunity for everyone and herd immunity if 80% or greater is achieved.

Otherwise are people willing to sit down and play Russ Roulette ?? Because that mindset is exactly what your doing !!

Some just don't get it.  Or don't want to.