Not a Bar girl! but little confused

yrushme

simple question I don't want to sound like every Foreigner or  farang, living in Thailand I've been here for about a year I've been lucky to work for the airline for 30 years and did a lot of traveling so I'm not new to dating foreign women but I have a question about my Thai lady,  she's 45 she has a nail salon she never worked in a bar scene she doesn't smoke don't drink we met online  we get along very well she's from isaan, I met her family  I've known her for 2 years I did build a small little house in her land, question is this, I think like most foreigners here we have pity  for Thai girls, like in my situation she probably makes 200 baht a day if that..  I'm 53 so there's not too much of a big age Gap, I just feel like I'm spending  out more money than I want to, for her family, I don't mind helping but are they really with us for the money? the reason I say is because everything I've read about bar girls she does  exactly that!  but she's never hidden the phone  I can reach her all times, she never  asked me for money,I actually taught her some English, her seeing other men something like that I'm not concerned, she has not asked me for Penny since being  together 2 years i just always  give her money, believe me when I say this she never worked bar scene, but I feel her traits are as if someone that acts like she did in the past, I asked  her  just tell me she never did? so that's why I'm confused?

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

Would finding out that she worked in a bar sometime before she met you, change your feelings for her?

If your feelings are the same, then why worry.

If she makes you happy, then who cares/ Live in the now and future......Not the past.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

It's a little confusing because you say she never asks for money you just give it to her. If she doesn't ask and you just give then she doesn't have to ask. So stop giving it to her and see her reaction. Also what is she doing that is "just like a bar girl" if she doesn't ask for money, doesn't drink, doesn't smoke doesn't see other men. 

Maybe she worked the bars when she was younger and maybe she didn't. I don't understand the part about her never asking for money yet you're worried you're spending too much, if she's not asking you must be just giving it away, maybe you've spent too much time in the Thai bars yourself, eh?  Slow down the money give away and see if it affects the relationship.

• Like 2

I reckon this is ANOTHER troll thread from an existing member who has just made a new account and now us sad Muppets are all going to queue up to offer our advice, because none of us have been anywhere near a bar girl but we all know someone who has. .????????

I reckon if the mods are able to check IP addresses, this profile would come up as the same as a TV member. ????

It might as well be a copy-pasted post that we have seen time and time again on here.

Please close it, mods! Save us all a load of wasted time.

• Haha 1

What difference would it make to you if she would have worked in a bar from 20 to 40?

It seems that is a problem in your mind.

And somehow you seem to think Thai women who didn't work in bars don't want money. Think again!

And last but not least keep in mind that many Thai people tell everybody what they think those people want to hear. I.e. you want to hear that she is a good woman and never worked in a bar. Guess what she will tell you. 

You should make up your mind with what kind of person you want to share your life. Look at her now and not at her past. Do you like what you see? Do you love what you see? If not, then move on. There are more than enough Thai women who are available. 

And about age: Don't think old women are grateful because you picked her up and not a sexy teenager. She has 25 years more experience how to get what she wants. Over to you.

• Like 1

If she pressures you for more money than you can afford or want to give (without actually asking for it) and that is unacceptable to you, move on because it will only get worse.  If you are only worried about whether she worked in a bar or not, and everything else about her is fine in your eyes, stop worrying about it.  If she worked in a bar and you visited bars and took girls out, you are equal.  Have you told her all the stuff you have done with girls in Thailand and around the world? 

6 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Remember everyone.... You trust airline pilots with your lives

Are you suggesting the OP is a pilot? I didn't know pilots had such terrible grammar.

• Confused 1

It’s not the job, it’s the woman.  

I’ve known uneducated massage girls that are low maintenance and women with masters degrees and high(ish) paying jobs (and commensurate debt levels) that seem to only be happy with 5 star restaurants and resorts, ฿2,000 baht spa/hair treatments etc. etc.