UK to accept proof of vaccination in Thailand for several major vaccine brands, including AstraZeneca

webfact

6 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

No doubt they will also stipulate that the certificate only applies to the travel on the ticket and a new cert needs to be obtained for any subsequent travel.  Much the same as they do with confirmations of address which only apply to one particular use - writen on it!

There is no expiry date for the International Certificate.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

I would agree but I doubt many 'tourists' have a house 500m away.

I was just using it as an example - does it really matter, the point is the rules would apply 500m away or 5km away which is the point I was making - you don't seem to have got it

• Like 1

Just now, smedly said:

I was just using it as an example - does it really matter, the point is the rules would apply 500m away or 5km away which is the point I was making - you don't seem to have got it

Oh I have got it - I have a home in Thailand but I wouldn't consider myself as a 'tourist'.

3 hours ago, stament said:

Sinovac not an approved medicine.....

False.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/travel-list-of-eu-countries-accepting-sinovac-vaccine-as-proof-of-immunity-for-entry/

It may not be accepted in the UK, but it is accepted in these countries. If you take away the bias and do some research, you find that apart from the Delta variant, it is effective. It is arguably not the best one, but it is not "garbage".

Edited by inspector
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

The wording of that does suggest mixing of vaccines is not accepted... do you agree?

Anybody seen any updates to this? https://www.astrazeneca.com/country-sites/thailand/press-release/travelling-with-covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca-made-in-thailand.html

PUBLISHED20 August 2021

Q: Can I travel with COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca that has been manufactured in Thailand?

A: COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca that is made in Thailand is of the same quality as AstraZeneca's vaccine made in Europe,

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, smedly said:

as advised by many on here you would have been better to stay clear of sinovac if you plan to travel - getting an approved vaccine not only means the brand but also what constitutes fully vaccinated which means how it was administered and in what dose 

Whats the problem just need another AZ dose staying

away as you put it would  mean not being vaccinated at all in my area 

A far worse option

I am sure I  can get an AZ from here which is now recognized between now and jan

51 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

Vaccine mixing not recognised. Barow just had confirmed by Brit Ambassador.

Barrow is wrong.

Where 2 doses of a vaccine are required for a full course, you can:

• mix 2 different types of vaccine from the above list, for example Oxford/AstraZeneca and Moderna
  • have the 2 vaccinations under 2 different approved programmes, for example Australia and Japan, UK and USA, France and Canada

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/countries-with-approved-covid-19-vaccination-programmes-and-proof-of-vaccination?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=govuk-notifications&utm_source=284b62fe-1f4f-418b-83dd-cc4d76a316ea&utm_content=immediately

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ireland32 said:

TRUTH

False.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/travel-list-of-eu-countries-accepting-sinovac-vaccine-as-proof-of-immunity-for-entry/

It may not be accepted in the UK, but it is accepted in these countries. If you take away the bias and do some research, you find that apart from the Delta variant, it is effective. It is arguably not the best one, but it is not "garbage".

1 hour ago, Pib said:

Do they actually have to see airline tickets?   Did you provide such?

I expect many people would like the vaccine passport in preparation of foreign travel....before they have actually made air travel reservation.

Prioritising. They need to be able to cope with the numbers. Fair enough.

2 hours ago, Wiggy said:

I wonder if they’ll accept the electronic certificate on the Mor Phrom app. It’s in English (and Thai) and contains all the information they require. My paper certificate from the hospital is printed in black and white and could easily be forged. I guess maybe will have to get a yellow  ‘vaccine passport’. 

A few excerpts - see the full text for clarification.

Proof of vaccination

You must be able to prove that you’ve been fully vaccinated under a vaccination programme with approved proof of certification.

There are several ways to prove vaccination status:

Vaccine certificates only

If you use a vaccine certificate as proof, it must be issued by a national or state-level public health authority, be in English, French or Spanish, and include as a minimum:

• your forename and surname(s)
  • your date of birth
  • vaccine brand and manufacturer
  • date of vaccination for every dose
  • country or territory of vaccination and/or certificate issuer

Countries with an approved proof of vaccination and examples of proof required

List of countries and territories with approved proof of vaccination for travel to England and examples of proof of vaccination.

If you were vaccinated in a country or territory that is not on this list, or with a vaccine that is not listed, you must follow the rules for people who do not qualify as fully vaccinated.

If you have been in a red list country or territory in the 10 days before you arrive in England, you must follow the red list rules. You must do this whether you qualify as fully vaccinated or not.

Thailand

Will be added to this list of countries and territories with approved proof of vaccination 4am Monday 11 October. If you arrive in England before that date you must follow the rules for people who are not fully vaccinated. If you arrive after that, you can use a vaccine certificate to prove your vaccination status.
This country is currently on the red list. If you have been in a red list country or territory in the 10 days before you arrive in England, you must follow the red list rules

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/countries-with-approved-covid-19-vaccination-programmes-and-proof-of-vaccination?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=govuk-notifications&utm_source=284b62fe-1f4f-418b-83dd-cc4d76a316ea&utm_content=immediately

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Unless its related to a trade deal, I doubt the UK will ever approve the Chinese vaccines.

So that will mean one of two things..for the rest of time non UK bods who have had the Chinese vaccs will never be allowed into the UK, or quarantine will be around forever? I can't see it.

2 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Neither is Sinopharm.... Even if it was my "Vaccination Certificate" (That's a joke, it's a print out from the hospitals website so could easily be doctored) doesn't include my date of birth so no doubt wouldn't be valid ???? 

Anybody know where I can go & get re-vaccinated at a place that not only has a vaccine that is acceptable for travel to the UK but will also issue a proper vaccine certificate?

Failing that, if I were to return to the UK does anybody know how quickly I could get fully vaccinated there before returning to Thailand?  

Edit: Still great news though & real progress in opening up being able to travel between Thailand & UK ???? 

You can get it done in 4 weeks. I've just done it.

2 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Neither is Sinopharm.... Even if it was my "Vaccination Certificate" (That's a joke, it's a print out from the hospitals website so could easily be doctored) doesn't include my date of birth so no doubt wouldn't be valid ???? 

Anybody know where I can go & get re-vaccinated at a place that not only has a vaccine that is acceptable for travel to the UK but will also issue a proper vaccine certificate?

Failing that, if I were to return to the UK does anybody know how quickly I could get fully vaccinated there before returning to Thailand?  

Edit: Still great news though & real progress in opening up being able to travel between Thailand & UK ???? 

You can get it done in 4 weeks. I've just done it. You have to make 2 appointments eight weeks apart but after the first jab you can 'walk in' and get the second after 4 weeks ( 3 weeks is minimum between Pfiser jabs but NHS insisting on 4) . Provided you have an NHS number it takes about 2 minutes to book appointments on line, unlike some places I can think of........  Now that the majority are vaccinated there are no queues....so refreshing ! I literally 'walked in' , in an out in 15 minutes..... you have to sit down for 10-15 after the injection. You can also get your free Flu jab at Boots while your there .... bonus !

Beware though that it takes another 3-4 weeks to get all the CoE requirements put together and you still need the pre-departure test which is where it can all go horribly wrong even if you are vaccinated. Good luck !

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Understand that AZ administered in Thailand is now to be accepted. However, there was the issue that AZ manufactured in Thailand wasn't approved. Has this changed?

The full article lists AZ Thailand has been approved to manufacture as have other countries.

Thats the only one available.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Mac said:

So that will mean one of two things..for the rest of time non UK bods who have had the Chinese vaccs will never be allowed into the UK, or quarantine will be around forever? I can't see it.

The UK and China are not exactly on good terms at the moment + the Chinese vaccines have been shown to be much less effective than others. I can't see this position lasting forever but I'd be very surprised if they changed their stance for quite some time.

Mind you, I didn't think Thailand had a cat in hell's chance of getting off the red list until at least 60% of the population was vaccinated - who knows what happens behind closed doors?

2 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

The easiest way is, to get an international vaccination certificate for 50 baht. I was in Nontaburi. I put my name on the waiting list in the morning and got the international yellow travel vaccination certificate after 4 hours. They do only 140 certificates per day. You must go early. After I was able to convert this into an EU vaccination certificate in my home country, which is recognized even in many non-EU countries that have not yet made a recognition regulation for vaccinations in Thailand. It's good to read that the slow UK authority get it ready now. This document is important for frequent flyers.

1556746291_Covidpassport20210909.jpg.e6eb9b56b3f391898fe16484456c8644.jpg

Unfortunately, more than 80% of the people in Thailand do not live within an area where such a certificate is available.

5 minutes ago, poohy said:

Whats the problem just need another AZ dose

I don't know, read the manufacturer advice on how it should be administered, I believe AZ fully Vaccinated = 2 full doses 14 weeks apart injected into a muscle, going by that one dose of AZ doesn't meet the requirements and sinovac is not approved in the UK, IMO that means you do not meet the requirements and a futher dose of AZ may not either.

Your questions would be better directed to the country you wish to travel, I am sure they will be able to advise what you need to do in order to meet their requirements as fully vaccinated if you don't already, nobody here can answer that just give an opinion

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Skinny Boy said:

You can get it done in 4 weeks. I've just done it. You have to make 2 appointments eight weeks apart but after the first jab you can 'walk in' and get the second after 4 weeks ( 3 weeks is minimum between Pfiser jabs but NHS insisting on 4) . Provided you have an NHS number it takes about 2 minutes to book appointments on line, unlike some places I can think of........  Now that the majority are vaccinated there are no queues....so refreshing ! I literally 'walked in' , in an out in 15 minutes..... you have to sit down for 10-15 after the injection. You can also get your free Flu jab at Boots while your there .... bonus !

Beware though that it takes another 3-4 weeks to get all the CoE requirements put together and you still need the pre-departure test which is where it can all go horribly wrong even if you are vaccinated. Good luck !

You were lucky and he might as well give that a go but we tried it and were sent packing.

3 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Australia has already approved Sinovac recently.

It's a matter of time before these vaccines are also approved in UK, if you are not in a hurry to go back, that is.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

The UK and China are not exactly on good terms at the moment + the Chinese vaccines have been shown to be much less effective than others. I can't see this position lasting forever but I'd be very surprised if they changed their stance for quite some time.

Glad you agree.

1 hour ago, MRToMRT said:

I am wondering about this as well, the paper certificate we were given meets all the requirements and therefore should, theoretically, be accepted. 

Have you seen the USA one it's even easier to forge, and thats accepted.

It was never explained why we need a vaccine passport when the same information was already in the vaccine certificate issued after the jabs.

• Like 2

Just now, EricTh said:

It was never explained why we need a vaccine passport when the same information was already in the vaccine certificate issued after the jabs.

I expect it's  because a vaccine certificate can be forged easier than a vaccine passport....plus a vaccine passport is in a format that has been in use around the world for many decades to document vaccinations.