Thailand removed from the UK “red list”, list reduced to only seven countries

webfact

7 hours ago, RobU said:

Black Pudding OR White Pudding (yes white pudding does exist it is similar to black pudding but does not include blood) and a pint of bitter in Yorkshire and our enemy county of Lancashire. Deep Fried Haggis from the local chip shop in Scotland with Jaimisons chaser

Haggis or white pudding suppers are amazing. Last time I was back, had a fried Mars bar in Stonehaven. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Haggis or white pudding suppers are amazing. Last time I was back, had a fried Mars bar in Stonehaven. 

Yes I remember them doing fried mars bars in Leuchars in the 70's when I worked up there

14 hours ago, RayC said:

How does the requirement to keep 400k/ 800k baht effectively locked away help an individual with their daily living expenses?

Perhaps it helps a different individual?

They really have lost their way with this though haven't they.... initially they just wanted you to show you had 800,000, enough to live off during the year of the extension... People were bypassing this so we had the 2 month rule. People were bypassing that too, so we got the 800k/400k locked away silliness. And all they had to do was plug the loophole of IOs putting a bung in their pocket, to overlook financial requirements. 

11 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Because people were refused boarding by the airlines in the U.K. even when they had a COE when they didn’t have reasonable reason too go to Thailand, currently business reasons.

So how did all of us who have returned in the past 14 months get here? On my flight we must have 90% retirees not business people.

13 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Could possibly be correct, but as of the 11th Thailand will not be on the redlist.  I am not so sure they would play the game of backdating the ten days since the country will be off of the redlist, however I await to hear from someone who arrives after the 11th from here to see if they were forced into quarantine.  

It is a bit ambiguous, the statement quoted only appears on the list regarding vaccination, not on the list regarding red list countries.

Thailand Will be added to this list of countries and territories with approved proof of vaccination 4am Monday 11 October. If you arrive in England before that date you must follow the rules for people who are not fully vaccinated. If you arrive after that, you can use a vaccine certificate to prove your vaccination status.
This country is currently on the red list. If you have been in a red list country or territory in the 10 days before you arrive in England, you must follow the red list rules.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/countries-with-approved-covid-19-vaccination-programmes-and-proof-of-vaccination?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=govuk-notifications&utm_source=284b62fe-1f4f-418b-83dd-cc4d76a316ea&utm_content=daily

Thailand  

Will move off the red list at 4am Monday 11 October. If you arrive in England before then, you need to follow the red list rules.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-list-of-countries-and-territories?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=govuk-notifications&utm_source=0d186b79-ff38-456f-8ba5-e4f9415b2a0e&utm_content=daily

40 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Thats very interesting and I was not aware of that.

If you go through the url mentioned (travel doc) it gives 14 different groups who are allowed entry plus the entry stipulations for the sandbox group not just "currently business reasons" as you stated. 

2 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

Thats very interesting and I was not aware of that.

If you go through the url mentioned (travel doc) it gives 14 different groups who are allowed entry plus the entry stipulations for the sandbox group not just "currently business reasons" as you stated. 

I had a colleague who travelled from Manchester with KLM a couple of months ago, the check in staff were refusing him boarding as they said he didn’t have a good enough reason too go too Thailand. After telling the Supervisor he was going to get married, he had a copy of his partners ID Card he was eventually allowed to board.

6 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Don’t think so, it’s on the website about Thailand no longer on the red list os from Monday but nothing changing about the recommendation to travel too Thailand.

Well have a read of this;

Britons will no longer be advised to avoid holidays in 51 destinations, including the Bahamas, Jamaica and Cameroon, the Foreign Office has said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58848761

• Thanks 1

On 10/8/2021 at 2:58 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

Another step forward on the path to normality.  Maybe I will finally use my BA voucher from 2020.

Hi all, please read the rules for entering UK for all travelers. Even from EU . You must order online and pay for a day 2 test which you do at home/ hotel and send back . Around 50 to 80£ , the test is delivered to your UK address. Secondly , you must fill in online , before leaving Thailand ( eg) a Locator form , with all your details, pass, flights and code number of the day 2 test you’ve paid for. 

Take your vaccination certificates, and a PCR test .  if you are leaving soon, when I applied this week for the lateral flow test, they are out of stock , reason being the authorities have given all the lateral flow tests to the reopening of schools and UNIs and now they are rare. I also did a PCR before leaving France just to be sure tho for French residents it’s not needed.  No point in taking risks on an expensive voyage. This all applies even if you’re British .. 

1 hour ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Don’t think so, it’s on the website about Thailand no longer on the red list os from Monday but nothing changing about the recommendation to travel too Thailand.

I think you may be right.... have to double check next week but it sounds like there is still quite a deterrent against UK tourists going to Thailand. If the advice is against travel, travel insurance will not cover it.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I think you may be right.... have to double check next week but it sounds like there is still quite a deterrent against UK tourists going to Thailand. If the advice is against travel, travel insurance will not cover it.

Well you can also have a read of this;

Britons will no longer be advised to avoid holidays in 51 destinations, including the Bahamas, Jamaica and Cameroon, the Foreign Office has said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58848761

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well thanks, now I am more confused.

No need to be confused.  Just read the good bits;

"The change will make it easier for people visiting these locations to get travel insurance"

"Advice for a further 42 locations will be lifted on Monday"

"From Monday, the same advice will be lifted for: .....Thailand"

• Thanks 1