Udon Thani police searches home of Swiss national who killed armed intruder at his house after mother of slain man claims almost 300,000 baht was missing

webfact

3 hours ago, chessman said:

The police may never be able to find out exactly what happened on that night. There is only one living witness and if his testimony is suspect then it will be difficult.

The police may never find that money, it could be difficult trace a smallish amount of cash like that and there are many ways he could have spent it.

The police should be able to establish if the wife knew the dead man better that her statement suggests. Unless they were exceptionally careful, there will be witnesses who saw them together and phone records. 

Once there is more information about that, the story will fall into place. 

The cops probably got Sathien's phone which might show a close link with Lakh in the photoa and LINE messages.  Amarin TV showed a selfie of the two of them with Sathien's arm draped around her neck.  Of course it could have just a friendly pose but did look more than that.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

The cops probably got Sathien's phone which might show a close link with Lakh in the photoa and LINE messages.  Amarin TV showed a selfie of the two of them with Sathien's arm draped around her neck.  Of course it could have just a friendly pose but did look more than that.

Yep… and a photo like that at the very least would show that her statement that she didn’t know him at all was false.

Although the police were slick getting the headman and a monk to accompany them, Rudolph is stil a farang and no one believes him.  They and the mother of the deceased will try to get as much baht out of him as possible.  Since the deceased was also charged, will he go on trial?  TIT!

3 hours ago, HappyGoLuckyLife said:

According to the deceased mother, it was in cash. There might not be a paper trail.

Then they can confirm that from the buyer and go from there, the money has to be somewhere, Swiss guys wife's account or under the mattress ????

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Then they can confirm that from the buyer and go from there, the money has to be somewhere, Swiss guys wife's account or under the mattress ????

Has it been established where the Swiss guy's bail ฿฿฿ came from?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Yeah and how many marriages have the man had the husband had a mia noi, or the farang went bar hopping with the slutty chickz.

Kinda different, with men it's mostly a sex thing, women it's likely they like the thai guy maybe even an ex boyfriend

23 hours ago, smedly said:

lets say the police search the property and find 500kbaht in the mans safe 

this story gets more bizzar by the day and the cops should be ashamed of themselves 

Only person that should be ashamed is the Swiss gentleman's wife.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Kinda different, with men it's mostly a sex thing, women it's likely they like the thai guy maybe even an ex boyfriend

So, you mean that makes it different for the other part? Maybe you even try to use it as an excuse that makes it ok for men to do but not ok for women?

Sounds like that to me anyway. 

22 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

It’s one thing to claim that the robber wasn’t poor, and had 300K baht due to a land sale. It’s another to claim that he had the money with him when he invaded the Swiss man’s house in the middle of the night.

More to the point, why wasn’t the 250K payment deposited in a bank?

We don't know that it wasn't, but I believe it is not uncommon in rural areas for people to make cash transactions even for that amount

22 hours ago, The Deerhunter said:

The truth or falsehood of the land transaction should be relatively easy to prove one way or another. Exactly where the money was at the time as another question. Not to mention, why would anyone break into a house with a gun, and with 300,000 baht in their pockets. Kind of hard to believe.

The evidence of the land sale was shown on page 2 of the comments (by Gecko)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

As expected from you. Its not acceptable for either side. Seems guys often have those ideas. You see it on this forum a lot a woman who cheats is burned to the stake while a man with an extra gf of visiting prostitutes is ok. 

IMHO you either accept both or neither. 

Some guys also seem to blame the guy for <deleted> a married woman, again i don't see the problem. Its the woman that decides the man who cucks the other guy is just taking what is on offer. The woman probably does not get enough from the husband why else would she cheat.

So in case of a guy getting cucked id say first the woman her fault then the guy she is married to (for not satisfying her keeping her happy) and last the guy who <deleted> her as he is just taking advantage of a situation created by the couple. 

1 hour ago, Orinoco said:

They just can't stop telling lies.

That goes for all sides in disputes like this. Do you really think they all told the truth. Im pretty sure the truth is unlike any of them have told. Some statements might resemble the truth more closely but all of them probably hide stuff. Expat included. 

• Sad 1

On 10/9/2021 at 5:50 AM, mokwit said:

I would be a bit more cynical than that - does the story not make mention of M-O-N-E-Y. Obviously the family will be expecting the Swiss guy to "give back" the 300,000.

I am watching this unfold with serious concern. There is no doubt in my mind who is lying and I am concerned the story is being taken seriously.

Yep well said but as I à previous post dont assume directly it's the wife. 

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

That goes for all sides in disputes like this. Do you really think they all told the truth. Im pretty sure the truth is unlike any of them have told. Some statements might resemble the truth more closely but all of them probably hide stuff. Expat included. 

My post was about the 300,000.

that's is a total lie by the family.

13 minutes ago, robblok said:

How is that a lie, its proven that the guy sold land and got money from it. All proven without a doubt. So the money is missing. 

what ever mate.

Welcome to that list, had enough of reading your posts.

bye

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Occam’s Razor suggests that the wife got the 300K from the dead guy.

You beat me to it as I was going to quote the "Occam's Razor" scenario, esp with all of the other "solutions" being suggested!

8 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

what ever mate.

Welcome to that list, had enough of reading your posts.

bye

Yes if facts don't match your story then ignore them. The police have proven that the guy sold his land. Also proven that the money was received. Now its gone. So yes the parents of the guy have a right to question where it is. 

Too bad it does not fit your narative.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

There are two distinct allegations which, when put together, put an interesting twist on the story:

The dead guy apparently had received about 300K the day before his death; and

The wife of the Swiss guy bailed him out of jail with 300K from unknown sources.

Occam’s Razor suggests that the wife got the 300K from the dead guy.

Seems the easiest explanation. Not sure if its correct or not but certainly plausible. But the question is then was her husband the Swiss guy involved. I find it hard to believe that an expat murders a Thai for money. Especially for just 300k.

On the other hand i would not put it past the husband that his "punishment"  of the guy <deleted> his wife got out of hand and killed the Thai. 

Or its just self defense.. good thing I don't have to find out what is true. Will be really hard.