Breakfast

RafPinto

I love free range eggs, so I whip up some eggs benedict with some Himalayan salt and black pepper gently sprinkled over and add some black pitted Kalamata olives & sliced Feta cheese to the side with some tomatoes, sometimes I might throw in some crushed almonds or will add some well done crispy, not burnt bacon.

Black coffee and a bottle of water with electrolyte power added to sip on as I am eating, then drop a bucket load of supplements when I am done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Work days only coffee during lunch break and food after getting home from work. Kind of intermittent fasting. But there is the odd exception for social occasions like a farewell, birthday, or customer lunch.

On weekends, I'll get a healthy, late breakfast then, varying from Thai style breakfast, sandwiches, continental breakfast, cereals, or yoghurt with fresh fruits.

21 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Never eat breakfast.

Just not hungry in the mornings.

First meal is about 12 or 1pm....which will be some Thai food...something with rice...like chicken and ginger or a caw pad.

Then I don't eat till 7 or 8 pm.  This is my main meal...such as stew and bread or mashed potatoes and chicken / sausages.

You are not hungry in the morning because you had a big meal at 8pm. Why not try moving your meals times 6 or 8 hours earlier and eat a more healthy first meal, a reasonable lunch and then sleep without a full stomach. Try it.

• Like 1

Today I had the following:

First a glass of water with a squeezed lemon.

Porridge with honey, banana and cinnamon.

After an hour or so, 2 boiled eggs with dark bread and some vegetables from the  "terrace garden".

Followed by 1 slice of dark bread with peanut butter.

1 cup of coffee.

I am done until late afternoon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

After an hour or so, 2 boiled eggs with dark bread and some vegetables from the  "terrace garden".

1 cup of coffee.

And now on my daily "average" 7km walk.

Yesterday I managed 15,84km and end of the day,  a nice massage.

I alternate Quaker Oats with dried fruit, honey & nuts or banana, Muesli with yoghurt milk with aforementioned additives, third one is a couple of eggs on toast with a rasher or two of my home cured bacon and HP sauce. All with a slice or two of multigrain toast with Manchester marmalade and of course a large mug of Taylors Strong tea.

4 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

1 cup of coffee.

Regarding eggs:

Which ones do you guys prefer.

As I live in BKK, I have no garden to have my own chicken.

I like very much:

Cage free eggs from Betargo

From Tesco, the CP Cage free export quality eggs (thai name, I can't read it). Nice dark brown eggs with dark yok.

Water - 600 ml 'ish, spoonful of creatine, banana ... gym, yoga fore a total of about 2 hours, or swim  or surf (during the wave season) and always yoga after either.

Breakfast either protein shake or eggs of some sort (not a fry -up as this is fat n heart disease material), fresh squeezed fruit juice or smoothie, muesli with greek yoghurt and a bit more fruit like blueberries (I grow them ☺️). Tea and maybe a slice of toast ... not a coffee guy too much.

To not have eat at all, and especially to not have protein in the morning isn't good for the brain - cognition and critical thinking. Just as not hydrating after sleep is to not good ... drinking a large glass of water straight up is advised. I eat in the mornings even if not hungry as after sleep and (boom boom's) usually the body needs fuel. 

Being a creature who works out at 6 or 6:30 every day (well almost) food is needed.

If you have no appetite I'd suggest your metabolism is way too slow and you might want to consider doing something about that slowness.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I alternate Quaker Oats with dried fruit, honey & nuts or banana, Muesli with yoghurt milk with aforementioned additives, third one is a couple of eggs on toast with a rasher or two of my home cured bacon and HP sauce. All with a slice or two of multigrain toast with Manchester marmalade and of course a large mug of Taylors Strong tea.

Is that Hewlett Packard sauce?

Didn't know they are in the sauce business as well 555

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

Water - 600 ml 'ish, spoonful of creatine, banana ... gym, yoga fore a total of about 2 hours, or swim  or surf (during the wave season) and always yoga after either.

Breakfast either protein shake or eggs of some sort (not a fry -up as this is fat n heart disease material), fresh squeezed fruit juice or smoothie, muesli with greek yoghurt and a bit more fruit like blueberries (I grow them ☺️). Tea and maybe a slice of toast ... not a coffee guy too much.

To not have eat at all, and especially to not have protein in the morning isn't good for the brain - cognition and critical thinking. Just as not hydrating after sleep is to not good ... drinking a large glass of water straight up is advised. I eat in the mornings even if not hungry as after sleep and (boom boom's) usually the body needs fuel. 

Being a creature who works out at 6 or 6:30 every day (well almost) food is needed.

If you have no appetite I'd suggest your metabolism is way too slow and you might want to consider doing something about that slowness.

Does boom boom count as working out as well.

Uff, I am happy that I am not classified as lazy.

23 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

I practice daily 20 hours plus fasting, so only one meal a day, late afternoon, no breakfast or lunch, just drinks. It suits me but not everyone.  

I do one meal a day too.  Which means fasting for 23 hours and 45 minutes as it only take 15 mins to eat my daily meal. 

Out of bed around 07:30

Cold black instant coffee in the morning, water throughout the day.

Food around 5pm. 

In bed by 20:30

1 minute ago, Freddy42OZ said:

I do one meal a day too.  Which means fasting for 23 hours and 45 minutes as it only take 15 mins to eat my daily meal. 

Out of bed around 07:30

Cold black instant coffee in the morning, water throughout the day.

Food around 5pm. 

In bed by 20:30

More people need to read up on triggering  Autophagy and how it can transform your life.  Lots of U Tube video's explaining the process. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oKkvwJL0uo

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

You are not hungry in the morning because you had a big meal at 8pm. Why not try moving your meals times 6 or 8 hours earlier and eat a more healthy first meal, a reasonable lunch and then sleep without a full stomach. Try it.

Different things work for different people. 

I am happy like this.  No problem sleeping either. By the time I go to bed it's 1am normally...so plenty of time to start digesting my 7 pm meal. Also I only have small portions. 

Stew is healthier than some of the breakfasts people are eating on this thread.  Usually have chicken or vegetarian protein in it with lost of carrots, potato, onions etc. 

• Like 2

Week Bix with fresh fruit and Milk = 1 x week, then 6 days a week have the same 2 x Chicken Puff warmed  [cost 10 baht each at bakery so smaller then say Makro chicken puffs] + 5 Mugs of Black Coffee and a Yogurt.......... I enjoy + do not have a BS Spike

2 minutes ago, ignis said:

Week Bix with fresh fruit and Milk = 1 x week, then 6 days a week have the same 2 x Chicken Puff warmed  [cost 10 baht each at bakery so smaller then say Makro chicken puffs] + 5 Mugs of Black Coffee and a Yogurt.......... I enjoy + do not have a BS Spike

5 mugs of black coffee???

Wowww

My blood pressure would be through the roof.

Fruit Juice, 2 rounds of whole meal toast with a slice of cheese on each  topped off with a fried egg on top and a mug of Tetley tea no milk and half a teaspoon of sugar if the GF comes to stay its rice soup ????that’s good enough reason for not inviting her to stay to often by the way I’m 173 cm and 74 kg and do a good workout every day for at least 30 minutes 

• Like 1

Just now, RafPinto said:

5 mugs of black coffee???

Wowww

My blood pressure would be through the roof.

That is hugely reduced amount, for about 30 years never drank less than 30 mugs of black coffee every day morning to bed time, now is just 5 in the mornings rest of day is lemon water or Mulberry water have trees in the garden

• Like 1

It seems some people have clear habits of what they eat and when they eat.

Personally I love big breakfast buffets. And I try to have one of those at least once a week. But sometimes I eat noodle soup, khanom chin or just a croissant or whatever.

742740.jpg

I have very little in my fridge for the reason that I don't want to waste any food. Every morning is the question: What do we like to eat today? And then we take the motorcycle to the market and/or Foodland, etc. 

Personally I like that a lot more than thinking day(s) in advance what I want to eat in the next days.

• Like 1