I have bitten the bullet and booked the flight!!

Scouse123

3 hours ago, JAS21 said:

My wife was told me a few minutes ago that Thai Air are advertising some cheap offers to the UK  ... 18,000 economy and 84,000 Business if I remember correctly. Don't know anymore details but maybe worth a search.

That is if you don't mind flying with them  .................

Air  France "had"  some good  deals   they partner with KLM also I got business for 64k a  while  back to the UK

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smutcakes said:

Yes of course, just thought if you were retired time is not such an issue, so 1 week home quarantine is not the end of the World. Conversely if you are retired no problem waiting for a few more weeks before going.

Personally when the opportunity is there like the OP i am going for it, as God knows if it all kicks off again when countries might restrict entrance again.

Only if it were that easy.

1) Don't have accommodation

2) Cost approx $2,100 AUS OR 50,400 Baht for a weeks accommodation (home quarantine) where we would normally stay, Air BnB, hotels far more expensive as would require two rooms vs a furnished 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment.

3) The winter is when we want to be there, i.e. June/July/August, smack in the middle would be the preferred so that we can take the kids to the snow this time around.

I would imagine the 7 days would be lifted by then, if not, then we will have to wait another year or go somewhere else that doesn't require us to be quarantined, although I have been going to the same place for decades, call it familiarity if you like.  

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

You'll need a vaccine passport \ yellow book thing to fly, don't leave it too late or else

I have a form that is stamped and I have a the mor prom app detailing the my vaccinations. Kalasin states they do not do a yellow vaccine book.

6 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I don't think that you will need one of those . 

If anything, it will be just a recent PCR test result 

UK is asking for a lateral flow test on day 2 of entry for fully vaccinated passengers. PCR tests for return journey required by the Thai government.

• Like 1

I have not seen anywhere you need a yellow book only proof of vaccine which I have on my app and in printed for with a stamp from the hospital.

Kalasin hospital told me they do not do or give out yellow books.

5 hours ago, smutcakes said:

Personally when the opportunity is there like the OP i am going for it, as God knows if it all kicks off again when countries might restrict entrance again.

And that's exactly how I viewed it.

5 hours ago, smutcakes said:

as God knows if it all kicks off again when countries might restrict entrance again.

Yes, the U.K has a vaccination rate of 70 % of the population . The U.K is currently opening up and there have been a surge of infections and thankfully a decrease in deaths due to vaccinations . 

Thailand has a vaccination rate of 37 % .

You don't need to be Nostradamus to predict what is going to happen in the future 

8 hours ago, Oxx said:

You may have a nasty surprise if the new rules are anything like the sandbox rules.  Under the latter you have to have been in the country of departure (in your case the UK) for 3 weeks, otherwise you'll be in for the full (and expensive) ASQ experience.

That rule seems abnormally daft if you can negative on a pcr and are fully vaccinated 

21 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I have not seen anywhere you need a yellow book only proof of vaccine which I have on my app and in printed for with a stamp from the hospital.

Kalasin hospital told me they do not do or give out yellow books.

The UK regs state:

You must be able to prove that you’ve been fully vaccinated under a vaccination programme with approved proof of certification. There are several ways to prove vaccination status:

• the NHS COVID Pass if you live in England
  • the EU Digital COVID Certificate
  • the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention vaccination card for US residents
  • a vaccine certificate

Vaccine certificates only

If you use a vaccine certificate as proof, it must be issued by a national or state-level public health authority, be in English, French or Spanish, and include as a minimum:

• your forename and surname(s)
  • your date of birth
  • vaccine brand and manufacturer
  • date of vaccination for every dose
  • country or territory of vaccination and/or certificate issuer

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/countries-with-approved-covid-19-vaccination-programmes-and-proof-of-vaccination

Mor Phrom app has an option to 'Request for a COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate' which implies the app itself isn't enough. 

If you make it to UK you can probably argue the toss with the friendly and helpful Border Force officials. But you want to take a chance with the airline at check-in in BKK? Don't assume they know what the rules are / what UK will or won't accept as a Vaccine Certificate.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, smutcakes said:

Yes of course, just thought if you were retired time is not such an issue, so 1 week home quarantine is not the end of the World. Conversely if you are retired no problem waiting for a few more weeks before going.

Time may not be an issue, however, a place to stay maybe. I sold up and moved here, lock, stock and proverbial, thus have to pay for stay in UK, if I go back. Rather not spend money stuck in a ASQ hotel room, thanks very much, no matter what percentage of my holiday it would be.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

If that happens, I will simply change my return flight.

However, I just cannot see Thailand over complicating this when they really are desperate to establish an opening up of the country and are very aware of public feelings and opinions regards previous sandboxes.

This was a joke right? ????????????????

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

The UK regs state:

and you don't think the OP has read this.......?

My vaccine cert has all the information mentioned on the gov.uk page you mentioned and would guess that most vaccine certificates issued would also. If they don't then you need to do something about it.

It so happens that I am also going to try and get the vaccination passport because there is somewhere to get it in Pattaya. If I had to go to Bangkok then I would not bother.

As it is I had to make an appointment at Pattaya and if I had left it any later I would have not been able to get it before my flight. The appointment book was filled with names for 8 working days ahead and theoretically, when I went last week, you were supposed to have a booked flight to get on the list.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

I also see Cambodia and Malaysia opening

Reference for Cambodia (20 October 2021), yes, E-Visas are now available but please note you must go into quarantine as shown below unless you are an official Government guest:-

No. Description Quarantine period Tests
For fully vaccinated
1 Official government’s guests and top government officials who return from mission abroad Implement special regime in accordance to the decision of the Royal Government  
2 Investors, Technical officials both of Cambodian and foreigner, Diplomatic officials, Officials cooperation projects and government official who return from mission abroad (including their family members) 3 days Test PCR only once
3 General travelers who are Cambodian or foreigners 7days First: Rapid
Second: PCR
 For Not yet vaccinated or fully vaccinated
4 All type of travelers who have not yet vaccinated against Covid-19 or received full vaccination 14 days First: Rapid
Second: PCR

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50955436/quarantine-for-inbound-travelers-to-cambodia-at-every-entrances/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Well if you are off back to scouseland I can see why this was such a painful decision for you. 

Actually,

I am going to Liverpool, Jersey, Yorkshire and Northumberland.

2 hours ago, PeeJayEm said:

Really big problem I have found with Qatar airways is that a huge percentage if mid-easterners using these flights simply would not wear the mandatory face masks. For that reason I would never use them again during pandemic

I will be in a Q suite on my own!

1 hour ago, topt said:

and you don't think the OP has read this.......?

My vaccine cert has all the information mentioned on the gov.uk page you mentioned and would guess that most vaccine certificates issued would also. If they don't then you need to do something about it.

It so happens that I am also going to try and get the vaccination passport because there is somewhere to get it in Pattaya. If I had to go to Bangkok then I would not bother.

As it is I had to make an appointment at Pattaya and if I had left it any later I would have not been able to get it before my flight. The appointment book was filled with names for 8 working days ahead and theoretically, when I went last week, you were supposed to have a booked flight to get on the list.

Thanks,

I did read it and all relevant information is contained in the vaccine certificate with a signed and stamp from the main director of Kalasin hospital. I know what the Thais are like for officialdom.

Some of these guys on here the glass will ' always be half empty! '

11 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

If that happens, I will simply change my return flight.

However, I just cannot see Thailand over complicating this when they really are desperate to establish an opening up of the country and are very aware of public feelings and opinions regards previous sandboxes.

Hi, good for you. Just went back for a holiday, , albeit from France . Just follow gov.uk it’s all there, easy to follow. If you have to do a day two test, you do it and pay online.( they send it to the address of your choice)  Then they send you the docs with a number .. This number you put on the Locator form, easy to fill in. Take your vaccin certificates with you. I found that all this was checked in France by my airline BEFORE I could board.  Then in London, terminal 5 for me, very easy, just my UK  passport through the machine . From plane to baggage 30 mins max. Had good food, very friendly people and enjoyed my stay very much.

• Like 1