Thailand announces reopening rules for tourism reboot

snoop1130

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

The topic is reopening for tourism.....

As said, vaccinations are going on at a fair click, but due to the late start interim measures are here to get tourism at least 'warmed up'.... hopefully for better times. 

and including the requirements of a  test before and on arrival, which tourists may well  noit  want, I  know  many who do  not want anythign rammed up their  nose

5 minutes ago, malibukid said:

the beaches and food on Bali are far better, the people generally less xenophobic.  i live there part of the year.  also surf that Thailand can only dream of fantastic restaurants. no sex tourism.

Bbbbut there's *surf/ING* on Koh Phayam lol...

Booze in Indonesia is stupid expensive.

Bali has lost all of it's charm. Too bad Ubud isn't on a beach

• Like 1

If they ARE serious, it  should be vaccine only no tests free  insurance, then they WILL  come anf before anyoe bleats  about what if they end up  in hospital remember they are  already  slapping a 500  baht fee on all tickets  anyway, why not just make it 1000 which would easily cover any hospitalisation

Edited by Rampant Rabbit
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, charmonman said:

Yes, there is a small risk of a vaccinated person being infected and infecting someone else, but do you think the country should be locked down forever?

Two different situations...

Thailand chooses not to impose that risk on it's population, and no I do not think, nor will the country be locked down FOREVER, 

• Like 1

Two different situations...

Thailand chooses not to impose that risk on it's population, and no I do not think, nor will the country be locked down FOREVER, 

The risk thats way  less than influx  of myanmer and other  border countries which have  lillte to no vaccination.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Rampant Rabbit said:

The risk thats way  less than influx  of myanmer and other  border countries which have  lillte to no vaccination.

The topic is tourism and rules  relating to opening up to it. 

I have no knowledge of the risk level involved of something not yet implemented. Baby steps to start maybe best. 

5 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

If they ARE serious, it  should be vaccine only no tests free  insurance, then they WILL  come anf before anyoe bleats  about what if they end up  in hospital remember they are  already  slapping a 500  baht fee on all tickets  anyway, why not just make it 1000 which would easily cover any hospitalisation

cos your post implies "logic".....hence thais ignore that mindset

• Like 2

Just now, AussieinThaiJim said:

I’m completely mixed up with the rules. As an expat living in Thailand can I leave and come back without quarantine and insurance? I don’t think so. Insurance is for a period of time, how long do I need to take it for?

Again Thailand seems to have many spokespersons all with slightly different messages and all conflicting!

Please one  clear message with one set of rules !

There was a nice colorful chart showing the options tourists had for getting into the country. You fall under those requirements. You need to prove you are double vaxed, will require insurance of $50,000 covering length of stay your visa/ permit will give, It is early days in a time of changing requirements, they always take time to become clear. 

9 minutes ago, AussieinThaiJim said:

I’m completely mixed up with the rules. As an expat living in Thailand can I leave and come back without quarantine and insurance? I don’t think so. Insurance is for a period of time, how long do I need to take it for?

Again Thailand seems to have many spokespersons all with slightly different messages and all conflicting!

Please one  clear message with one set of rules !

No. You absolutely cannot. You go through the same process as a tourist including quarantine and CoE

13 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

We'll have to live with covid...What do you suggest? Shutting down FOR EVER? All Thailand can do is mass immunization and exercise the controls as they doing. You have no right to critise or make gloomy predictions without offering a better solution.

Take a look at the news from Russia, UK (where there is a new and even more infectious covid variant) and even Singapore... it took more than 2 years for the 1920 Flu epidemic to subside... why not just try and face reality...

7 minutes ago, milesinnz said:

Take a look at the news from Russia, UK (where there is a new and even more infectious covid variant) and even Singapore... it took more than 2 years for the 1920 Flu epidemic to subside... why not just try and face reality...

The  delta +  is of  little  concernamd vaccinsation still controls  it

Edited by Rampant Rabbit

1 minute ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

The  delta +  is of  no concern

This is the second time you have posted this, both without supporting information. 

The BBC did report..

"It is likely to be up to 10 percent more transmissible."

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58965650

It may well not be a concern for a well vaccinated country like the UK....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

cuz  I cant be arsed to keep repeating the link over and over having to  look  it  up  again, i really dont give s hit to be honest  here if  your  bored 

Thank you, I will watch this. This guy is pretty good. 

I checked your past posts and did not find where you posted this before, nor came across it.

1 hour ago, darrenr said:

Until,direct flights from Brisbane Australia to Thailand recommence that are not through other Australian states then I won’t be coming ! To many changing rules both in Thailand and back here in Australia , I think I will wait another 6-12 months so I can travel with minimal/potential interruptions to places like Koh Chang 

have they done away with the COE requirement?

where do you get covid specific insurance , so you have to buy both covid and medical insurance or there a product where both are covered ?

Your reasonable comments demonstrate why there will be not too many tourists going to Thailand in the near future . Confusion or what ?  plus the ever changing rules will make booking a Thai trip a real pain in the axx . Also of course we are only looking at the Thai rules and not considering that our home country could make new rules that could throw a spanner in the works . I think waiting for at least 6 months is the way to go .  

• Like 1

I checked your past posts and did not find where you posted this before, nor came across it.

and I cant be rsed to find it in fact there were TWO  links  to TWo different articles both by the BBC  on the same day about 2-3  days  ago, I dont even know what I have for breakfast averyday.interesting theta the Uk and  denmark do huge amount s  of sequencing which is WHY those countries find NEW  types  first

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

And the reason I kept  posting the bbc  mention was many people are  bringing up this  new variant as death reincarated which it isnt.

7 minutes ago, superal said:

Your reasonable comments demonstrate why there will be not too many tourists going to Thailand in the near future . Confusion or what ?  plus the ever changing rules will make booking a Thai trip a real pain in the axx . Also of course we are only looking at the Thai rules and not considering that our home country could make new rules that could throw a spanner in the works . I think waiting for at least 6 months is the way to go .  

Which is why they should  make it  vaccination only and no other requirements, simple is better solution

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Neilly said:

Until that is cast in stone (very unlikely of that happening!) tourists will spend their hard earned cash elsewhere 

From what I read in the Australian media it looks like a lot of Australians will be going to Fiji and Bali.

13 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Feel free to explain the logic of importing covid free tourists and a covid boom

You will realize the explanation and the logic yourself when you stop listening to mainstream media propaganda.

I remember the Thai government always saying tourism was not that important and only accounted for about 10% of the economy. Anyone with eyes knew better.

I guess they didn't want to be seen as being dependent on the foreign devils.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

and I cant be rsed to find it in fact there were TWO  links  to TWo different articles both by the BBC  on the same day about 2-3  days  ago, I dont even know what I have for breakfast averyday.interesting theta the Uk and  denmark do huge amount s  of sequencing which is WHY those countries find NEW  types  first

More poignant to me was his thoughts that this Corona Virus would not have many more mutations in it.....

5 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Which is why they should  make it  vaccination only and no other requirements, simple is better solution

I agree but if only it were that simple . Reason being is that there are fake vaccine certs now being used and can fool even the most experienced I.O.  and when faced with a long queue of arrivals there is much duress to clear the lines . Now if the vacc certs could be scrutinised prior to departure and stamped with a traceable unique QR code that could be scanned in an instant , that would make the certs almost impossible to fake or pass scrutiny .  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JCP108 said:

So, it's "quarantine-free" and we are "exempt from quarantine" but we have to quarantine for one to two nights on arrival. Am I understanding that correctly? 

Long enough for them to know if you are Covid free apparently, as it's been 3 days since your last test. Most test results should be known within 8 hours so not sure where you get 2 nights from? Also the Sandbox is 2 PCR tests and 7 nights accom' pre booked, so this is better IMO

• Like 1