Paying PEA bills via internet re; Bangkok Bank

Today is the 29th of October 2021.

I just tried to pay my PEA electricity bill via Bangkok Bank internet service, re; BualuangM Banking. They DO NOT have a direct banking service for this electricity company.

There IS a PEA account for  “PEACOOP”, this is ‘not’ for paying electricity bills.

’If’ you have paid into this account, you can contact Bangkok Bank and get your money refunded. It will take up to 1 month.

You need to download the PEA-plus app to be able to pay bills. (or some other app).

<removed>

This is a specific answer to a specific question.

I have read many forums and usually the majority of statements are ‘personal  hedonistic ideas’. Eg; “ why do you do it that way you moron ??? I just do it like this.” 

Well, my answer to those people is;“why don’t you just get your wife to do it ?”

That way you can sit in your ivory tower and spend more time on proving what  a brain dead, simpleton class of morons that we are.

Thank you to anyone who took the time to read this.

I hope that it is of some help.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, CharlieH said:

I set it to pay automatically each and every month direct debit, there is nothing to do ! Set it and forget it.

Same same (but the same) ! 

Can't seem to do it for the water bill though. And, as I recently found out, if you go to a store/7-11 eight days after the bill was issued, they can't process it so you have to make a trip to the Water Authority office to pay in person.

They have an app, if you have a banking app on your phone (so the 2 apps can get together and do things with your money). After 20 minutes of the nice young lady at the PWA trying to set it up on my phone only to have me tell her I don't have any banking apps, she pointed me to a walk-up window 20 meters away - which is what I wanted to do right at the beginning any ways.

I have gone through the same thing with Bangkok Bank. Went to the PEA Office … very helpful setting it up. Stopped working. Went to a mall payment kiosk … very helpful setting it up. Stopped working. So, I go to Promenada and Central Festival Malls regularly and just make my payments there at the PEA kiosk. Not worth my time …

• Like 1

I set up an automatic debit to pay the electricity bill for my Jomtien condo from my Bangkok Bank account 3 years ago. It wasn’t an easy process, involving a visit to the electricity company head office in Naklua, before going to a Bangkok Bank branch. The very helpful  lady at the bank spent over half an hour with me completing a fiendishly complicated form.

During the last 20 months that I’ve been stranded in Australia, I regularly check my account through Bangkok Bank’s Bualuang website, and so far the very small monthly fixed electricity charge has always been debited successfully. Of course, I won’t know for sure if it’s really worked until I can return to Thailand, if ever, and see if my condo still has electricity.

Edited by CygnusX1
  • Like 1

Until about a year ago I successfully paid both PWA and PEA online through Counter Service (https://cspay.payatall.com/CSWeb2/#/tabs/home/home) whether inside or outside of Thailand. It still works for PWA. For PEA the application will let me see the amount due, but  the payment part stopped working.  I've tried to resolve this problem with Counter Service and with PEA. So far it hasn't been fixed. After we get back to Thailand our plan is to setup direct debit to pay the bill so family doesn't have to pay it for us every month.

On 10/29/2021 at 10:54 AM, bbko said:

Thai wife pays the electric bill online every month without having the PEA app. Just because you can't figure out how to do it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

This works with K-Bank, for example. 

You cannot do this with Bangkok Bank's Bualuang mBanking.

• Like 2

On 10/29/2021 at 4:07 PM, CharlieH said:

I set it to pay automatically each and every month direct debit, there is nothing to do ! Set it and forget it.

Same Same and get an SMS. my bills are just left to pile up in the plastic box 100 mtrs away. Also direct debit with TOT, i don't get their bills 'coz the postman is a <deleted> and i NEVER get any post at all whatsoever. 

19 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Yeah my Bangkok Bank app does not recognize the PEA Bar Code nor QR code. Couldn't figure out any other way to pay online, so I just walk 2 mins to 7-11 and pay there. There is a small fee, 10 baht I think. 

That's what I've been doing for years. I finally got tired of it and found a solution after lots of wasted conversations with "people who know".

I live outside Hua hin. I went to PEA office, explained I wanted auto debit from my BBL account. I didn't want the PEA app on my phone as they first suggested. She gave me some documents. I took those to BBL and they set it up and gave me some documents to return to PEA office.

Lots of runaround but now it's done. I have no idea if that works anywhere else in the country though. TIT.

I did the same with TRUE TV&phone and CAT internet except all that was necessary was to find the correct BBL vendor codes on the BBL site and manually transfer money online when the bill comes. Calls to TRUE and CAT provided the correct account vendor codes out of the dozen or more listed on the BBL site for those vendors. It just takes a will and extreme perseverance.

Not auto debit but still saves the hassle of going to 7 or Family Mart every month with scanning errors, carrying cash, etc. Up til now I've been paying all of these in person.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CygnusX1 said:

Of course, I won’t know for sure if it’s really worked until I can return to Thailand, if ever, and see if my condo still has electricity.

Not to worry about the electricity, the issue will be who is living in it.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Great advice on paying PEA bills via Kasikorn Bank. 

But, this topic is about paying via Bangkok Bank. I just go to 7/11 to pay, but I would love to pay online. 

I do have the PEA app on my phone, but it reset some months ago, and is asking for the Thai ID I used to log on Back in the Day. 

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I do have the PEA app on my phone, but it reset some months ago, and is asking for the Thai ID I used to log on Back in the Day. 

Google for a Thai ID generator and just use any random one it gives.  It's not checked.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, treetops said:

Google for a Thai ID generator and just use any random one it gives.  It's not checked.

The problem is that I did that when I first installed the Smart Plus app, then it reset, and now I can’t remember the Thai Id number I used. I went to the PEA payment center at Big C, but the lady cashier couldn’t help me access my account.

• 4 months later...
On 4/15/2022 at 6:01 PM, Danderman123 said:

And how did you set that up?

We do the same…. Basically go to companies and agree to pay by direct debit. They will give you a form to take to your bank to set up payment.

• Like 1