I lost it tonight

Pravda

13 hours ago, Chad3000 said:

I disagree. I find the entire drama absurd. 85% theatre.

The forever pandemic.

“We have always been at war with eastasia”

Behaviours that stop you getting the flu stop you getting COVID.  The Flu of 1918 - 1920 killed many millions ; far more than COVID.  

12 hours ago, DoctorB said:

Absolutely not true. There are all sorts of nasties that can be carried by fruit and veg.  On one occasion some years back Thai health authorities expressed concern about the spread of e coli  by street fruit vendors. See also health line.com/nutrition/foods-that-cause-food-poisoning which lists e coli, salmonella and listeria poisoning as hazards associated with fruit and veg. 

Are those diseases more easily spread by fruit and veg, or by meat and fish?  His point was quite clear; vegetarianism reduces your risk of disease.  He did not claim it eliminated it.

It can also dramatically reduce your carbon footprint, and save money.

Our grandchildren will condemn meat-eaters as dinosaurs

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I have to feel for your wife, suffice to say that she has serious concerns about Covid, not being vaccinated, most people who are unvaccinated would have some kind of anxiety, as I did pre-vaccination with Pfizer. That said, I have been more anxious than I was before now waiting for my wife to receive her Moderna vaccinations hopefully in November, she is in the line with her receipt number confirmed.

Wherever we go we sanitize, we even keep a bottle of water in the car and soap gel to wash out hands, masks are worn in public, and she even buys baby wipes and dowses them in alcohol for the kids to use, when a courier is making a delivery if one of the boys goes to collect it without a mask, he is blasted from top to bottom (teenagers) don't give a F and we have told the kids, if they can't follow simple rules about protecting one and other, they can ship out, our way of educating them if they don't wish to comply, and don't judge till you have lived here. 

You might be relaxed about Covid and you may feel your wife is over the top, where is your respect for her needs, or is it just all about you ?

You are who you are, and your in control of your anger as we all are, saying something or having an outburst is normal, but find out the root cause, for me it's when I am hangry and that can be 24/7 ????

If you feel the grass is greener on the other side, then perhaps you should get a flight as of 1 November.

On the other hand the sooner you accept where you are and let go, the sooner you will start to enjoy yourself. We are all suffering from this pandemic which has created fear and anxiety, we don't even have visitors and the kids are not going back to school for 14 days after being vaccinated, regardless of what they say. Monday they get vaxed and the school wants them there, not going to happen, mum is not vaccinated and until 14 days pass they aren't going back as I said mum isn't vaccinated.

If you think you have problems, have some kids and let me know how you do with teenagers who think they are indestructible and only care about themselves and not thinking about spreading Covid to their other family members.

Time to apologise to the wife and try to bit the bullet, sanitize when she wants you too, even make a joke telling her she missed some around your neck, relationships need humour, the more the merrier.

You gave me a lecture. What about idiot vendor? Yes, Thai always right. 

I never complained about her showering me with alcohol, I completed about double standards.

And what does November 1st have anything to do with me? That's for idiots who are arriving to this country. I can leave whenever I please. I got a place back home.

Edited by Pravda
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Pravda said:

You gave me a lecture. What about idiot vendor? Yes, Thai always right. 

I never complained about her showering me with alcohol, I completed about double standards.

Apologies about the lecture, which I thought might have had some advice in it.

We don't eat out as we know that hygiene is not to our standard, e.g. I have been on the drip a few times and so has the wife, that said, we do rarely eat out, but only if we can see the food being handled and cooked, no street food vendors anymore.

Double standards, don't forget where you are, Thai's 1st, farangs 2nd, that is very clear, fortunately my wife will call a spade a spade as I do and agrees with me 99% of what I say as she has spent a decade abroad with me so she sees how the world really is and will not put Thai's up for the sake of Thai prowess. 

It's a bit unclear if you went off at the staff member, and your wife later, or just your wife.

You say this happened before but you just let it happen again and then get upset. Knowing it might happen you should have asked your wife to please go elsewhere, or tell the staff member what you want, before she started. If you missed your opportunity then cop it. Let your wife drink the juice. 

I would go and buy some juice, apologise to your wife, and ask that it is appreciated if she can please get juice from a store with appropriate cleanliness in future.

There was a time when we sprayed every time we got back in the truck, now mostly spray as we enter and leave the shops. My daughter tried to hand me surgical gloves for shopping, but I felt that was step too far and the practice only lasted 2 trips.

I see where you are disappointed I have settled for the fact I have had one vaccine doze and those who vary in their process when it suits have none. It is what it is, you have had your say, made a valid point, time to let it go.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StreetCowboy said:

Are those diseases more easily spread by fruit and veg, or by meat and fish?  His point was quite clear; vegetarianism reduces your risk of disease.  He did not claim it eliminated it.

It can also dramatically reduce your carbon footprint, and save money.

Our grandchildren will condemn meat-eaters as dinosaurs

Many dinosaurs were omnivorous and herbivorous.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 10:15 PM, Pravda said:

I got a food poisoning quite a few times here. I'm more concerned about it than covid. Once it got so bad I fainted and cracked my head. Definitely an issue for me here. 

You sound a bit frail and oversensitive. You need a strong woman to take care of you

• Haha 1

I found the best way to handle situations and feelings as OP experienced is to bite my tongue, say nothing, and once home, tell your partner that you need a few of days alone to think about things. Takeoff to another city, rent a hotel room for a few nights, turn off your phone, and find a companion who takes your mind off of your past issues, concerns and problems.

For some, rather than a hotel room, find a Wat that offers meditation teachings. Meditation is a wonderful stress reliever.

Edited by Banana7
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Fortunately, your wife isn't anti-vax.

My wife is Thai and we reside in the USA and all is pretty good, however as my wife says, people get Covid Crazy. We all get a little short at times, but keep it at water under the bridge. Sometimes, logic doesn't rule. We can find issues with anyone and anything and there are two choices: 1) get worked up about it or 2) don't. Better to laugh at the absurdities of life!

On 10/29/2021 at 9:17 PM, Pravda said:

If I don't spray my hands even after some trivial action I get a lecture about endangering her life.

On 10/29/2021 at 9:17 PM, Pravda said:

but to be honest I'm getting more bitter every day here. I just can't stand the country anymore.

Is the whole country the problem or only she or some people?

Tell her to shup up if she nags all the time. And if she doesn't do that then tell her to f#$% off.

Your life won't get better if you just accept anything she does. Set the rules and the limits!

• Like 2

Two observations about marriage that people used to give me when I complained about my (now ex-) wife:

"Happy wife, happy life."

"You knew the job was dangerous when you took it."

Turns out the answer for me was to divorce and remain single.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 11:51 AM, Zikomat said:

You lost it much earlier… That is when you came in your little boat to the shores of the strangers’ land and then married a woman from the local tribe. You probably thought back then that she is your woman, one made in heaven to be your other half. But in fact, she is still the tribes’s daughter, more than anything else.

Should make prenuptual agreement.

• Haha 1