I lost it tonight

Pravda

On 10/29/2021 at 10:47 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

Hand washing is one of the most effective ways of preventing covid and other such illnesses. I think hand washing  not surface washing was the subjects of the OP's submission. Wash hands every 20 minutes.

I only insist on washing my hands every time I fondle a girl.

So 20 minutes sounds about right.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Unless I'm mistaken, it seems most readers missed your point.....

YOU, as a farang, are a danger to her due to Covid, whereas a Thai person using the same gloves all day, both to squeeze juice and take money, isn't any threat to her...because the juice vendor is Thai.

That about right?

Yes. That's it. 

I can understand exactly where your coming from OP,   Thai's do do some of the most stupidest things at times and one can only shake his head because anything is said then all hell could break loose ......

Having said that, been hear a long time and I tend to revert back to a saying ' thailands not perfect '   and that helps me calm and not react to issues .....   and I remember Ausssie's will do similar stupid things at times, especially shop or deli staff, take away food shops,  kids who just don't think quick enough.    imo

On 10/29/2021 at 10:02 PM, Chris.B said:

I find nothing even remotely 'ridiculous' about this?? There is a pandemic on you know? ☹️

But there is this instilled concept that the alcohol gel/spray is a magic bullet whereas in the home environment washing hands with soap and water is much more  effective.

I do however understand the issue with vendors etc. Have seen same in a KFC where the person who takes the order, handles the cash, then proceeds to fill the order while wearing same gloves after which applies gel to the gloves then moves to take next order !

8 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Not true. Salads are one of the main vectors of bacteria as are fruit and vegetables covered in faeces. Meat is cooked...thus eliminating many dangerous bacteria.

Exactly, I just wish they'd cook my sushi for a bit longer!!!!!

On 10/30/2021 at 4:15 AM, Pravda said:

I got a food poisoning quite a few times here. I'm more concerned about it than covid. Once it got so bad I fainted and cracked my head. Definitely an issue for me here. 

I only got food poisoning once, from a high class western style restaurant in Bkk.

Seems to me some are a bit OTT about hygiene. If we couldn't handle a bit of dirt etc the human race would have died out already.

Re the OP, seems to me it's time for a "separation" for a while. Sometimes we need a break from the problem to understand the solution.

3 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Unless I'm mistaken, it seems most readers missed your point.....

YOU, as a farang, are a danger to her due to Covid, whereas a Thai person using the same gloves all day, both to squeeze juice and take money, isn't any threat to her...because the juice vendor is Thai.

That about right?

I was in a large gym, and because I do a real workout (heavy breathing), I had my mask down a bit after a good set on the bench, far away from other folks. Some phuffy Thai (who rides a bicycle machine at the pace of a 90-year old going to market, then playing games on his phone between his every ten minute 'set') walked across the gym and told me to pull the mask back up. He passed several Thai people in the gym without masks at all, but said nothing to them.

(The gym operators do not mandate masks)

Did you cough on him? That usually gets that sort going.

On 10/30/2021 at 1:46 AM, DoctorB said:

Absolutely not true. There are all sorts of nasties that can be carried by fruit and veg.  On one occasion some years back Thai health authorities expressed concern about the spread of e coli  by street fruit vendors. See also health line.com/nutrition/foods-that-cause-food-poisoning which lists e coli, salmonella and listeria poisoning as hazards associated with fruit and veg. 

Yes, my understanding is that the fruit/vegetables are not the problem as such, it’s the WATER that they are washed in.

There can be many harmful bacteria in tap water.

I believe the best way to avoid food poisoning is to eat deep fried food. 

On 10/29/2021 at 9:44 PM, Pravda said:

Me too 

Help

The educated wife problem seems to be a natianal one.  Mine works in a hospital and I have gone throught he past year with the same thing.

add to it use one finger for atm and have to spray.

Get money from someone or exchange and have to spray.

get in taxi spray.

I just started refusing and told her that I was an old man and that I wanted a wife not a mommy.

As to what the people in the markets do well that is as you said hit and miss.  Probably mostly miss.

I take it as it is and let it ride.

Yelling at her was a definite OOPS.

Would suggest many WAI with flowers and what ever else she likes.

Might help you avoid the chop.Braves Chop GIFs | Tenor

• Like 2

On 10/29/2021 at 9:17 PM, Pravda said:

Rant over.

Do some meditation , find the ' inner peace ' and just let things go if they not really personally affect you .

You can't change the world , and , if you've found the inner peace , the world can't change you .

On 10/31/2021 at 5:03 AM, Walker88 said:

Spit on..oops SPOT on! Never forget...

WE--filthy uncivilized, stupid farang. ????

THEY--clean, perfect, cultured, know it all's. ????

• Haha 1

I don't know how long you've been in Thailand, but you appear to expect to find logic here. There is none. All you can do is count to 10, or 100 if you like, sit quietly and in a while the frustration will pass. Until the next time. If you can't handle that then you shouldn't be here. It is what it is and it isn't going to change.

• Thanks 1

On 10/29/2021 at 10:09 PM, Chad3000 said:

I disagree. I find the entire drama absurd. 85% theatre.

The forever pandemic.

only because of the non believers     .. its up to us  .. we dont do it   just like you

That’s just the engrained xenophobia and “thailand nummer 1” mentality. You need to sanitize your dirty farrang hands and stop infecting Thailand with your stench and germs, don’t mind the Thai shop vendors though, they aren’t dirty like you are, so it’s ok for them to handle things without using hand sanitizer every five seconds.

Foreigners are only good for their money, and for designing and creating the smartphones that every Thai seems to be permanently glued to 24/7. ????

• Like 2

I know exactly how you feel but there done that, including the juice being thrown in the garbage can. But years ago I reinvented myself lucky I did because when the pandemic came I was prepared for anything including the inconsistent thinking and application here in Thailand. You learn how to pick and chose?

These rules are just over the top and inconsistent no one really has an idea anyone in the world know actually what to do including Dr. Fauci.

It is just alcohol, I let the wife say and do what she wants but if she ever ask me spray my stick or to where a mask doing sex I'm out of there!????

• Haha 1

Many things in Thailand are purely symbolic, often with little to no practical purpose, other than the imagery, or "optics" as we like to say in American politics recently heh. It just looks good. The "big cleaning" days, the meetings, the photo ops with important people standing together, the teachers who mostly stay in the office, the scores I must give to students who never show up, the alcohol gel at the markets almost no one uses. Just gotta go through the motions, at just the right moments, whether or not it seems there's really a point to it.

• Like 2