Prime minister asks all parties to contribute to November 1 reopening

webfact

91f52fb16750e0bb19c5fff376a2c86b_small.jpg

By Namo Vananupong

BANGKOK (NNT) - Thailand’s prime minister is asking all parties to pitch in and contribute toward the ‘reopening’ of the country on November 1, and ordered relevant agencies to reserve Molnupiravir drugs for COVID-19 in advance and ensure an adequate supply of Favipiravir.

Prime Minister Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha attended a general meeting of the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), after which he spoke to reporters of efforts to ‘reopen’ Thailand to international tourists on November 1. He elaborated that everybody must still exercise caution over Covid and observe the Ministry of Public Health’s preventative measures.

Gen. Prayut explained that the quarantine requirement for international arrivals is not being lifted for those who arrive via land or water routes. Meanwhile, officials were told to strictly prevent illegal entries and ensure that distancing is observed by people involved in trade along the border. He has also called for incident response plans to be readied by medical personnel and ordered the relevant agencies to reserve the Molnupiravir Covid drug in advance and to procure an adequate supply of Favipiravir.

The prime minister said the announcement of country reopening and earlier quarantine waiver initiatives such as Phuket Sandbox and Samui Plus enabled Thailand to become the first valid destination country for tourists who were planning their New Year’s holidays. He said reopening would create confidence in Thailand and enable it to stave off an economic crisis.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

nnt.jpg
  • Haha 2

He has also called for incident response plans to be readied by medical personnel and ordered the relevant agencies to reserve the Molnupiravir Covid drug in advance and to procure an adequate supply of Favipiravir.

Plan for the best but expect the worst.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s prime minister is asking all parties to pitch in and contribute toward the ‘reopening’ of the country

Jeez....haven’t the Thai people already ‘contributed‘ more than enough?

Edited by Hayduke

3 hours ago, mahtin said:

He has also called for incident response plans to be readied by medical personnel and ordered the relevant agencies to reserve the Molnupiravir Covid drug in advance and to procure an adequate supply of Favipiravir.

Plan for the best but expect the worst.

He knows what's coming.

7 hours ago, natway09 said:

I would be delighted Sir, but you insist my bar stays shuttered, which now it may forever as

the greedy landlords are still getting fat & my resources are running out along with my patience

I hear you , but I don't think Prayut was talking to you.

3 hours ago, Dont confuse me said:

I don't think anyone including our leader has heard of let alone implemented the, '5 P's'

Perfect

Planning 

Promotes

Peak

Performance 

They really couldn't organise a P#%$ up in a brewery.

Wait, isn't that 6 P's ?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

He should instruct all Immigration Staff to start smiling at the Airports for a start.  They have to be the most miserable and unwelcoming anywhere on The Planet !

Maybe they will start smiling again if/when they get their jobs back. The ones who have held the fort for the last 18 months are an elite club.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

He should instruct all Immigration Staff to start smiling at the Airports for a start.  They have to be the most miserable and unwelcoming anywhere on The Planet !

555!   Me-exhausted after 7 airports and 24 hrs transit tries to muster a smile and politely hand over my passport.....IO-sideyes me, looks at PC longer than usual, flips thru passport....flips forward.....then back..then sideways..flip flip..........one more for good measure....tells me to step back........flip flip......then come forward to face camera....flip.......tap tap on PC........and............me looking around, past his booth as I can see the "otherside".........wait for it......come on already....flip..then comes the stamp!

Closes PP and throws it back towards me, ending with the classic hand dismissal......Im In!!!!.....IO proceeds to scowl at next dirty falang than walks up...Land of Smiles!

• Haha 2

On Bloomberg, just a few days ago, Thailand was listed as the 3rd worst place to be on covid rankings from 51 countries. SE Asian countries make up 5 of the worst 6, not including the unlisted Cambodia and Myanmar. It's not looking like a choice destination for international tourists. It's one thing to open up, but they need people who want to go, and these negative listings will not help.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/covid-resilience-ranking/

Edited by JensenZ
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Nah have you ever been to Perth Australia ? Where I forcibly dragged out of wheelchair while recovering from a broken pelvis because they refused to use a hand held metal detector. went back one time with just carry on "why you have small bag? " returned again one time with a huge bag "why is your bag so big ? " "do you have any lollies ? " ??????. asked if i was carrying a computer "No" then screamed at as i had DVD player. They are the most unfriendly immigration on this planet and belief me i have done a lot of traveling. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Nah have you ever been to Perth Australia ? Where I forcibly dragged out of wheelchair while recovering from a broken pelvis because they refused to use a hand held metal detector. went back one time with just carry on "why you have small bag? " returned again one time with a huge bag "why is your bag so big ? " "do you have any lollies ? " ??????. asked if i was carrying a computer "No" then screamed at as i had DVD player. They are the most unfriendly immigration on this planet and belief me i have done a lot of traveling. 

Different days different experiences; i've visited Perth several times and never had a problem with their attitude !

It's a matter of translation, of course, but when I hear the word "contribute" pertaining to Thailand I think of someone in a uniform with their hand out.

8 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Try Dharan airport

Back when things were normal at the airport I'd look at the arrivals/departures board and see the names of places that were part of the former Soviet Union.  I wouldn't expect the reception in such places to be very jolly. 

Ever been to the LCCT in Kuala Lumpur?  The Air Asia staff there doesn't speak, they bark.

On 10/31/2021 at 4:54 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

Try Dharan airport

Thought it closed years and years ago and everything went to Dammam.... 

Everyone is miserable there, particularly those who have just arrived. 

Edited by jacko45k