Public health minister to quickly mend Covid situation in Chiang Mai

webfact

Don't know about "quickly mend" the Covid situation.  In the last month I know of 2 well known restaurants that were closed due to an employee testing positive for Covid 19(one is on HK road and the other one  is on Nimman).  One of the locations  posted Covid test results of some of their employees  on it's FB page and said they will reopening in the near future(some personal information of the specific employee was visible).  Also, schools are now closed for two more weeks.  It does not look like Chiang Mai will be participating in the November 1 opening? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, brommers said:

And as for vaccine supply Anutin is directly responsible for the lack of delivery because he diverted the CM doses to other places. So he had better accept responsibility for the never ending increase in infections.

Ya.  Good luck with THAT!

Chiang Mai may still "open up" on the 1st Nov because very few tourists will be actually be coming. Thai domestic tourists will be put off by the current covid surge and the few foreign tourists that do visit Thailand will head to the beach mostly. I think the 1st Nov reopening will still happen for CM, figures of 70% double jabbed for the local population will convince the authorities to push ahead. 

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Public Health Anutin Charnvirakul said he was having discussions with the relevant agencies in order to speedily address the COVID-19 issue in Chiang Mai. He expressed his belief that Chiang Mai possessed greater medical preparedness than many other provinces, but asserted he would look into the distribution of vaccines to the northern province to help curb the outbreak.

Will he be sending a General to help out I wonder?

4 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Don't know about "quickly mend" the Covid situation.  In the last month I know of 2 well known restaurants that were closed due to an employee testing positive for Covid 19(one is on HK road and the other one  is on Nimman).  One of the locations  posted Covid test results of some of their employees  on it's FB page and said they will reopening in the near future(some personal information of the specific employee was visible).  Also, schools are now closed for two more weeks.  It does not look like Chiang Mai will be participating in the November 1 opening? 

Never mind restaurants being closed. One of our local police stations has been closed as it is the latest cluster site with several of Thailand's finest catching Covid. Although no mention in the local press as to how or where they caught it.

I have complete trust in Anutin ever since he masterfully arranged for the sourcing of the vaccine for COVID19. Anything this man touches turns to gold....so the folks in Chiang Mai have no need to worry as the situation will be mended before you can say brown paper envelopes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

Never mind restaurants being closed. One of our local police stations has been closed as it is the latest cluster site with several of Thailand's finest catching Covid. Although no mention in the local press as to how or where they caught it.

I heard they caught it from a street vendor who caught it from someone who had been previous arrested and released.

Nothing to support this other than I've been told by several people.

Good luck, Thailand has been gifted with Prof. Dr. Anutin. He wings into Chiang Mai and might start a manhunt for the original "Dirty Farang" who is for sure at fault for this mishap. How lucky for Thailand having such a dedicated selfless follower of the Thai faith! 

You can take it to the bank; once the country opens, the figures will explode (short time) again and all just because of the "Dirty Farang" who was first seen almost two years ago in Chiang Mai!