Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

18 minutes ago, SFSFSF said:

I was able to talk to a person in the LA consulate tonight.

He said they couldn't help with the Thailand pass and wouldn't give me a contact.

They did seem aware of the hotmail issue, which is what I used with my first application.

I guess I will call them one more time tomorrow night before likely canceling my trip Friday end of Bangkok work day. I had a COE in progress, but it was rejected pointing me to the Thailand pass.  

I'm supposed to fly Sat night, but I think I'll bail out before my $250USD covid test Friday AM USA time.

I applied first thing when the website went live with my hotmail account.  Reapplied before the Nov 2 Bangkok work day and got the email confirmation.

I reached out to a couple agents in Bangkok end of last month, but none were comfortable with

my existing date starting Nov 6.  If anyone has an agent for hire with TP connections, it would be much appreciated.

My sense is, they are buried in applications requiring manual processing and didn't staff up for what was supposed to be automagic.  Ah well, I guess Lalisa won't be there either.

wow, I've sent them several emails and never got a response. I think it's because as you said, the embassies and consulates can't do anything. Thailand Pass is centrally managed from Bangkok.

• Like 1

To summarize:

Only a fraction of TP applications have been processed to date. 

There doesn’t seem to be a clear rationale in the order of apps to be processed. Proximity of flight date does not seem to be a factor.

Many apps seem to be processed automatically, with the QR code arriving almost instantly.

If a confirmation email arrives without a quick subsequent QR code, you may be out of luck. You either get an immediate QR code or maybe never. We didn’t see a lot of November 1 apps processed on November 2.

No one seems to know why some apps are selected for immediate automatic processing. There was a suggestion that stripping out everything from a vaccine cert but the QR code did the trick, but not for everyone.

Of course, people are submitting duplicate applications, which jam up the system. There doesn’t seem to be a way for the processing system to scan for duplicates, if the user inputs spaces after the passport number.

Is anybody still waiting for approval and QR who had applied 3 days ago?

I applied Monday morning, 3 hours after the system opened. I got confirmation mail immediately but still no reply, neither rejection nor approval. I know they write wait 7 days but it seems people get approved within hours or even faster. 

BTW I used protonmail, any experiences with this? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

To summarize:

Only a fraction of TP applications have been processed to date. 

There doesn’t seem to be a clear rationale in the order of apps to be processed. Proximity of flight date does not seem to be a factor.

Many apps seem to be processed automatically, with the QR code arriving almost instantly.

If a confirmation email arrives without a quick subsequent QR code, you may be out of luck. You either get an immediate QR code or maybe never. We didn’t see a lot of November 1 apps processed on November 2.

No one seems to know why some apps are selected for immediate automatic processing. There was a suggestion that stripping out everything from a vaccine cert but the QR code did the trick, but not for everyone.

Of course, people are submitting duplicate applications, which jam up the system. There doesn’t seem to be a way for the processing system to scan for duplicates, if the user inputs spaces after the passport number.

Space after passport number is history (I guess).

I wasn't patient enough to wait for my application from 1st of November, so I did a new one with a Gmail adress cand didn't use blank space after Passport Number. I was hoping to get a QR code within 1 minute.

That did not happened.

The only thing that's spinning in my head now is what's triggering the autogenerated QR code.

Why do some people get it almost before they submitting TP?

• Like 1

I'm in the same boat as many here. Have applied several times since Monday, have gotten the "confirmation/application will be processed email" and no QR code ever comes. My flight is on the 8th of November. I have all but given up on this being sorted by then. 

I am not registered on Twitter but can see from Richard Barrows page that he is updating pictures of the meals he is having on his flight. Can someone who is on Twitter please inform him about the mess surrounding this system. Surely that is more newsworthy/helpful than what sort of rice he is eating. 

Just a thought

• Like 1

Good morning everyone

Thank you for taking time to read my message

I have a 2yo child travelling with me. 

I put his passport and information on the personal information on thailand pass.

When I reach insurance part of the Form, I put one insurance letter and when I submit it says "child also need an insurance"

But only 1 document is allowed. 

How do I do ?

Do I put à jpg with both documents ? 

Ho do the system know that my son is on it ?

Thank you 

I just got my Thailand Pass and wanted to share my experience. Our flight is going tomorrow and we have been applying for approval since November 1. 

1. On November 1, we got the API error like everyone else (seems this issue is generally solved now);

2. After solving the API issue by adding 4 spaces to the passport number (this is no longer necessary), I applied with a hotmail address: Got neither a confirmation nor an approval;

3. Yesterday I tried again using my business address: Got a confirmation but no approval;

4. Today I tried again using a web.de address: Got a confirmation but no approval;

5. I then made new pictures of my QR-Codes and tried again, using the same web.de address: Got approval within a second (literally).

I really don´t know what made the difference. I had all documents perfectly in place (including the QR-Codes) since the first day - the new pictures I sent were no different from the ones before.

So this is certainly not helpful - but it probably makes sense to try again several times if you don´t get a quick response (though that´s certainly not helping the system). Good luck to you all.

Edited by StefanGer
  • Like 2

So decided to apply again as its been over 48 hours since last successful attempt with confirmation email but no QR code. Decided to amended all documents in to jpeg as I was submitting PNG and also did better quality now they've upped the limits. Got the confirmation email again to same address as last time (gmail) but now waiting again for QR code.

But with every email ping, I'm urgently checking to see if its accepted or not. Driving me insane all this messing about. Flying on the 11th but got to do tests before that and reluctant to do anything until this QR comes in!!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, StefanGer said:

I just got my Thailand Pass and wanted to share my experience. Out flight is going tomorrow and we have been applying for approval since November 1. 

1. On November 1, we got the API error like everyone else (seems this issue is generally solved now);

2. After solving the API issue by adding 4 spaces to the passport number (this is no longer necessary), I applied with a hotmail address: Got neither a confirmation nor an approval;

3. Yesterday I tried again using my business address: Got a confirmation but no approval;

4. Today I tried again using a web.de address: Got a confirmation but no approval;

5. I then made new pictures of my QR-Codes and tried again, using the same web.de address: Got approval within a second (literally).

I really don´t know what made the difference. I had all documents perfectly in place (including the QR-Codes) since the first day - the new pictures I sent were no different from the ones before.

So this is certainly not helpful - but it probably makes sense to try again several times if you don´t get a quick response (though that´s certainly not helping the system). Good luck to you all.

The core take away seems to be register with an address that can receive mail - since the idiots are using their own server with no IP reputation (and I suspect no DKIM/SPF) for outgoing mail to send the QR code they are hitting limits on services like hotmail/live/outlook - and I would guess in this case web.de the first time around. Someone can DM me the email headers if they want like to confirm

Those that are getting instant approval I suspect have already been approved, it's just the hourly limits or whatever metric your mail ingestion providers uses has reset, and thus a resend

Edited by asiam110

I also got my TP instantly after applying a second time. I really did not want to apply a second time as it clogs up the system but seeing other people´s inputs I decided to try and it has worked.

Just for information, I applied on the 1st around 2pm CET. Got many API errors but at the end I managed to get it through and go the email confirmation instantly (gmail account).

I will arrive in Thailand on the 10th but my first flight out is on the evening of the 8th so I was a bit worried I was not going to get this in time.

I got only one vaccination certificate with both doses in it (date, name and surnames, laboratory name and batch numbers only) and I also have the EU vaccination certificate with the QR code which only shows 2/2.

What I´ve done this second time is attach the vaccination certificate under the first dose section and just the QR code (I cropped it with “snag it”) on the second part of the first section. And then on the second dose section I uploaded my EU vaccination certificate (the whole thing with the QR code as well) and on the second part I uploaded just the same QR code that I cropped from the EU certificate.

I do not know why this is automated but it has worked. The date of arrival shows as well the 10th which I when I will arrive. If you guys are struggling, I suggest you do the same (just upload the QR code on the second part of the 1st vaccination and on the second part of the 2nd vaccination sections (if you read the form, it says if you upload the QR code there the application will be considerably faster and it is written in a red font.

Good luck you all.

• Like 2

Is there some official website or statement from Thai Government?  I have submitted 3 applications so far, no QR code yet.

I have uploaded all the documents correctly and perfectly readable. I know they say wait 7 working days, but thats really easy for them, when they are not under pressure and have not put over 1000€ into the trip already... I submitted first 2 submissions on 1st of Nov, when there were the API errors with CORS chrome extensions. Recieved confirmation emails 10+ hours later, no QR. I submitted 3rd one on 2nd of Nov, updated name of the vaccine (instead of Pfizer i have put Cormintary), got the confirmation email instantly but no QR code. Now I am giving them some time. Iam flying to thailand on 11th of Nov, so 7 working days from today comes to 13th of Nov, which is my arrival date.

If I dont recieve the QR in 48 hours (maximum), I have a "backup" plan. I have merged my SHABA hotel reciept with PCR reciept together, because nowhere on the SHABA confirmation it says that i have paid for the arrival airport PCR. Then, my insurance pdf file consists of 15 pages. I have merged all those together into one 5x3 jpeg. Then, instead of my Slovak Vaccine certificate (which has all the info except passport number - nobody in EU has that. it also has a QR code but it only directs to a Slovak ministry of health website with the same info) I have downloaded the EU covid pass, which also has a QR, but its encrypted, so if I try to scan it, it says that the QR is not valid. Not sure if they will be able to tell anything from that QR code. I am using a gmail adress too. So there should not be any issue I believe. 

I am so tempted to bombard them with applications until I recieve the damn QR code... I just dont know it that will not make things worse. 

If there will be anyone who didnt get the QR and went anyways, please share you experience how it went. I mean, the problem is not on our side, we are trying everything possible to meet their requirements, we have ALL the documents necessary, we just dont have the cursed black and white square. My last hope is that i print everything out, and just head to the airport and hope that they would have some understanding to the situation... 

Cheers

12 hours ago, Emeraldisle said:

Since TP ask for Covidf Cer in two places I insertedf both. EU Cert and country ( Ireland) issued. Both have QR codes but no pasport nos.  Applied 1st Nov. Got TP QR code approximately 12 hours later. Not flying until 14th November so I think earlier departures being prioritised is not true

I am living in Ireland but only have one EU vaccination cert are you saying you have 2. Or that you put the same certificate and QR codes in both vaccination 1 and 2 boxes

17 hours ago, bobstl said:

Hong Kong for example requires vaccination with approved vaccine, 14/21 day quarantine hotel booking, test on arrival etc., but there is no registration required. They rely on the airlines to confirm everything at check-in and wont check you in if you don't have the required documents/bookings. I'm not sure what value the Thailand Pass provides, aside from perhaps easing the burden on the airlines.

Huh?

You can't see the difference between a mandatory 14/21 day quarantine and a 12/24 hour test-and-release program?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, misterphil said:

Wonder what happened to the 6 that were found to be positive and those that were on the same flights as them?

What's to wonder? The 6 get minimum 10-days at a Covid hospital along with the HRC's that were in the seats next to them. It's possible that the HRC's will get released after they test -ve on the third or fifth day.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

What's to wonder? The 6 get minimum 10-days at a Covid hospital along with the HRC's that were in the seats next to them. It's possible that the HRC's will get released after they test -ve on the third or fifth day.

There is a girl on Twitter PeachyPT (https://twitter.com/PeachyPT/)   that has just been locked up in the quarantine - conditions horrific / prison like - granted this Phangan specific. British embassy cant do anything apparently (pretty much the standard reply from them though). No paid private hotel - not an option. If Im reading correctly she didnt even test positive but exposed to someone from school who had so has to sleep in same quarters as covid positive patients - as sure fire way to eventually test positive - unbelievable stupidity from thais.

Coming soon to a 'test and go' arrival and international media..

Edited by asiam110

37 minutes ago, jepone said:

I think how long is the insurance effective. (End date) or (maximum valid through)

Can anyone that’s received a QR code advise what they used for the insurance effective date please. Insurance start date (same as arrival date?)? Or end date?

12 minutes ago, DavidMS said:

Can anyone that’s received a QR code advise what they used for the insurance effective date please. Insurance start date (same as arrival date?)? Or end date?

Insurance start date : At least the first day of your travel( First flight before arrived to to thailand)

end date : Last day of your vacation in thailand.

update

My friend flew with klm out of manchester no thai pass check at the gate, once arrived in thailand he presented his docs and got in however this was 2 days ago so not saying try it at all just feeding back 

ive got 5 submissions in now all with email conformation and no QR codes arriving

no matter what embassy you go to they wont help the bangkok office for the thai pass has no email in to them or contact numbers so its literally luck of the draw as far as i can see.

if you look the thai pass guys up there celebrating a job well done.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

A pretty good summation of what's possibly happening.

I would add that the horribly flawed TP system led to a logjam of applications on 1st and 2nd and multiple/duplicate applications didn't help. The 'new-improved' TP system started spewing out confirmations and QR codes on 3rd which has resulted in another wave of multiple/duplicate applications clogging the pipes again.

And now the weekend looms...

Make the most of it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CovidBatFace said:

... I am not registered on Twitter but can see from Richard Barrows page that he is updating pictures of the meals he is having on his flight. Can someone who is on Twitter please inform him about the mess surrounding this system. Surely that is more newsworthy/helpful than what sort of rice he is eating. 

Just a thought

Sign up to RB's blog email list and you will get daily updates on his hands-on travelog where he just completed and quick exit/re-entry to Thailand using the Test & Go. He's currently waiting in his Bangkok hotel for the test results.

Plenty of useful info in his blogs than can ever be filtered out of these 31 pages of headless chookery.

PS: I am not a Twitter subscriber either.

• Like 1