Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

9 minutes ago, omjduval said:

After many applications with different email addresses etc, I finally got an approval...with the Alternative Quarantine workaround...it was not instantaneous, took about 9 hours. This is with a UK passport and AZ vaccination cert done in UK. Now just waiting for a more legit Test&Go confirmation... 

And you submitted a one night stay instead of a 14 night stay ?

I just got my Thailand Pass QR code approval for the Test & Go.

I'm from the UK so have a NHS vaccine certificate. Flight is on 11 Nov.

1st Application (Nov 1) - Used an Outlook email and heard nothing back.

2nd Application (Nov 3) - Used Gmail and received a confirmation but nothing else.

3rd Application (Nov 3) - Used another Gmail but cropped the QR codes, confirmation but nothing else.

4th Application (Nov 4) - Used Gmail and cropped QR codes again, make them clearer. Didn't use the AQ method like some here, was going to wait a bit longer before doing that. Confirmation but nothing else.

Nov 5 - Called Thai consular service and spoke to the staff, gave my application details. Heard nothing else.

5th Application (Nov 6) - Used a totally different email, cropped QR codes again making sure there was enough white space around them. Received confirmation.

Emailed Thai consular email with all my information. Heard nothing.

10 minutes after emailing them, received my QR code for Thailand Pass, to the email used only in my latest 5th application. Nothing heard from the other applications. Hope this helps anyone.

Not sure what did it in the end but quite likely the email to Thai consular support got my application looked at immediately. That or leaving some white space around the QR codes. Good luck to all.

Edited by Destined
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Paradise Pete said:

Yes, I've got a few days left, but I will try that if need be. 

My travel time is more than 24 hours, so my hope would be that the AQ gets me on the plane, and before I arrive the Test & Go approval happens.

I'd hate to do a full quarantine, but at this point I'd take it if I had to.

can you please let us know how it goes after you get there? I'm wondering what they'll do to people with AQ QR codes but who have their vaccination dox lined up. 

Hello, everyone,

I have just made a test registration with slightly changed times of my planned trip. The confirmation with TP QR Code came in seconds !!!!!

This means that the QR code of the vaccination is read out automatically and the rest doesn't really matter.

The hotel confirmation had no payment confirmation and PCR test booking.

No spaces in any of the input fields The proof of insurance had no content on corona coverage or minimum coverage of $ 50.

The key to success is entering the vaccination:

Upload EU proof of vaccination 1 and 2 separately, insert QR code for vaccination 2 for vaccination 1 and 2.

No email address from the Hotmail area, Firefox browser without modifications.

Look at the TP screenshot of my validation.

Screenshot_20211106-192017_Chrome.thumb.jpg.da72e07e14afd27ada6d58c24623c3f1.jpgScreenshot_20211106-192020_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ed896d4be53f842717f63c9566bd8000.jpg

I hope to be able to contribute to relaxation.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Destined said:

I just got my Thailand Pass QR code approval for the Test & Go.

I'm from the UK so have a NHS vaccine certificate. Flight is on 11 Nov.

1st Application (Nov 1) - Used an Outlook email and heard nothing back.

2nd Application (Nov 3) - Used Gmail and received a confirmation but nothing else.

3rd Application (Nov 3) - Used another Gmail but cropped the QR codes, confirmation but nothing else.

4th Application (Nov 4) - Used Gmail and cropped QR codes again, make them clearer. Didn't use the AQ method like some here, was going to wait a bit longer before doing that. Confirmation but nothing else.

Nov 5 - Called Thai consular service and spoke to the staff, gave my application details. Heard nothing else.

5th Application (Nov 6) - Used a totally different email, cropped QR codes again making sure there was enough white space around them. Received confirmation.

Emailed Thai consular email with all my information. Heard nothing.

10 minutes after emailing them, received my QR code for Thailand Pass, to the email used only in my latest 5th application. Nothing heard from the other applications. Hope this helps anyone.

Not sure what did it in the end but quite likely the email to Thai consular support got my application looked at immediately. That or leaving some white space around the QR codes. Good luck to all.

Which email address did you email support from? Could it be that they only looked at the application that used the same email address as the one you were emailing from?

5 hours ago, Paradise Pete said:

That's my expectation, but my hope was that the second application might get processed more quickly (or go into a different queue) by including a QR code.

I expect to get approved. The question is will it be in time for my flight. Right now I'm halfway resigned to having to rebook everything.

Don't give up hope. I think you will just make it. BTW thanks for the QR code link. Will use it along with my Vac card for uploads.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Smash said:

Is this true? How lose to them do you need to be sitting on the plane?

The way I understood it was if you test positive you are given a second test (free) to confirm, If that one test positive you are off to hospital for 14 days.. paid for by insurance with asymptomatic cover or you can stay at a AQ hotel for the 14 days at your own cost. 

I'm not 100% tho just what a read on another site.. could be off to the hospital with one positive ????‍♂️

21 hours ago, MTH said:

Success!!!!

Yes, the system is definitely automated. I attached a cropped out QR code for Dose 1 and Dose 2.
I additionally changed Accommodation from SHA+ to AQ Hotel, (on the Accommodation page in the Test & Go section), and it returned a response mail and a Thailand Pass QR Code within seconds.

Thanks to @ Alan2969 (he was the first one I saw mentioning this, could have been others before…), @Pepper9187 for confirmation of this method working, and all of you that have suggested cropping out the QR code from the vaccination certificate and upload that.

I initially applied this Tuesday and got an immediate email response that Thailand Pass had received my application and a result of my application would be 7 working days. After reading here that the system most likely is automated, I figured I’d do a second application.

The only things I changed from my first application was to crop out the QR code from my vaccination certificate and upload that. And checked Alternative Quarantine instead of SHA+

I’d also like to thank the ones that have suggested that if you only have a vaccination certificate for your second dose, then attach the same document and QR code for dose 1 and dose 2. That was my exact predicament, having a European certificate that only has a QR code and date for your second dose.

Who issued your vaccination certificate QR codes?

The US doesn't do them and it appears the NHS ones issued by the UK are encrypted and don't provide a link to a database like MOPH and (maybe) the EU vaccination certificate QR codes do. Since the applicant states their nationality, the TP algorithms will know when to look for a QR code and when to skip it. Maybe that's why UK applicants appear to be stalled?

FWIW, I have used AQ for both my TP Test & Go applications. The first one on 11/2 using gmail did not include the clipped QR codes from my NHS vaccination certificate, the second one on 5/11 using a different email did include the clipped QR codes from my NHS vaccination certificate.

Both applications resulted in the acknowledgement and 'wait 7-day' email.

Neither application has resulted in an approval QR code.

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, Soulman1980 said:

So i booked a hotel at Agoda, because i was a bit worried i won´t get any AQ/SHA+ room for my arrival day. The confirmation mail says it´s already paid, but not in english, while the booking on Agoda website writes it´s paid (in english). The confirmation that the PCR test is included in the price appears only in a mouse-over menue.

I´m stupid because when i came home from work i saw that there are still many rooms available. Should i cancel the Agoda booking and book directly at another hotel?

Since my agoda AQ booking was bereft of such details, I have also registered direct with another hotel, paid a deposit and got the necessary confirmation letter with all the details about tests and transport. I used the agoda AQ on my first registration and used the other AQ hotel on my second application as a hedge against the first application being rejected due to the lack of AQ details.

Unusually, the agoda AQ can be canceled/refunded right up to the day before I am supposed to check in. Handy if the second application comes through first.

Per my earlier post, both applications acknowledged but no QR codes seen.

16 hours ago, Gungpao said:

They must be trying to get all countries on auto what’s the hold up though

It's the weekend. Make the most of it as it may be your last (before getting your QR code).

16 hours ago, Sandro777 said:

I submitted on Nov 1 for Test and Go but of course have heard nothing back. I realized that I did not include PCR Test information on my booking info attachment. 

I resubmitted all documents today 11/6 early AM. I even got a QR code for my vaccine from the CLEAR app and submitted just that as well. I have my AXA insurance certificate. etc, etc, etc.

My flight is on the 19th. If I do not receive approval next week I will be postponing my trip or cancelling it altogether. The fact that Thailand can't hire someone for $10/hr to review documents for me to spend $$,$$$ over there is hilarious. I work for a small wireless company in the US and we review over 10k applications a day manually. The entire COUNTRY of Thailand can't even handle half of that it seems. 

You sound like the impatient and cynical sort who would probably have a lousy time in Thailand so maybe a good idea to give it the body swerve regardless.

13 hours ago, Lee4Life said:

We came in last week on COE's, we flew Delta Airlines out of Seattle, which was flight-sharing with Korean Air between Incheon and Bangkok. When we arrived at Incheon we were ushered to a transfer desk where they checked our ASQ booking, Vaccination Certificate, Certificate of Entry and Covid Insurance. I was a bit confused as to why all of those items were not checked until we hit Korea, but that's what happened. I'm not sure what would have happened if our documents were not in order....but what happened to us makes me think that the advice some are giving on here as far as "just get on the plane and sort it out later" may not work.

That was the airline double-checking the paperwork BEFORE you headed for Bangkok. They don't trust the agency staff manning check-in gates at US west coast airports to do their job properly. Cheaper to send you back to US from ICN than it is from BKK?

This is not a criticism of agency staff manning check-in gates at US west coast airports. An earlier post in this thread saw total confusion at check-in for Thai International flight from LHR to BKK. The check-in staff had no clue about the TP system and QR codes and pax were sent off to print out the documents for checking CoE style.

4 minutes ago, aldriglikvid said:

Are you able to leave the hotel as soon as the test returns a negative, or is it some minimum stay? I'm arriving ~8am in the morning and I guess I will have the test back by evening. All things considered, it's not very important. 

What I've read is that the results are reported to your hotel and they set you free when negative.

• Like 1

A quick note here regarding agoda AQ bookings. I fetched an email from the hotel out of my spam bucket and they specifically state that TP accepts the basic agoda AQ booking confirmation as-is without any further paperwork. However, they will also provide a separate confirmation letter via email with the AQ details if you fill in an online form with your passport and flight details. Being a belt-and-braces sort of traveler, and reading where some airline check-in staff are a bit clueless, I have requested the additional letter.

I generated a QR code at CVS.com for my vaccinations, edited so only the code appeared, and uploaded it just now with a new application in the hopes that this will allow automated processing of my latest application.

Alternatively, since I leave on the 10th, maybe someone will see it and push the right button, because I am leaving soon.

I did get a confirmation email right away, but no QR code yet.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, EJ traveler said:

Hey, I'm sitting at the airport about to head toward Thailand, and wanted to offer a first-person account of my experience, at least the limited perspective that I've had so far (Qatar Airways). Your milage may vary.

The gate agent specifically asked me how long my hotel reservation was for. When I said one day, that's when she had to look at my documents and paperwork with a lot more scrutiny. It basically sounded like if you are using the alternative quarantine QR code (instead of the test-and-go one that exempts you from the full quarantine), you wouldn't be allowed to fly unless you had a 10-day hotel booking.

This is just my own experience, but I would reiterate the need for extreme caution in trying for the "freebie" QR code in hopes of getting around the TP system difficulties. The scary thing for me was that I had already caught my first flight within the US, so this check didn't really happen with this level of scrutiny until I got on the international leg of my trip. So if I hadn't had the correct approvals, I probably would've been forced to fly back home mid-trip.

I will let others decide if they're willing to accept this level of uncertainty and the protentional downsides.

I should note that airline staff are capable of screwing things up even if all of your paperwork is prefect. It’s an ongoing risk.

last time, I had a check-in clerk specifically tell me that Thailand was closed for tourism, never mind my COE.

Another would not let me board unless my smartphone had Thailand Plus loaded, which required verification codes, no fun.

• Haha 1

Just a quick confirmation.

I coming to Phuket next Saturday.

I am coming from Vietnam

I recieved COE the last week of October. So all in order. Flight confirmed, 7 days hotel Sha+ confirmed, insurance, Sha+ ID...

On 31 October, they added Vietnam on the list of country for the test & Go.

1/ do i need to apply to Thailand Pass or the COE is good to go?

2/ Once in Phuket, will i have to sleep the first 7 days in the Sha+ hotel booked as plan or i will be free to go after the 1st test? 

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

I should note that airline staff are capable of screwing things up even if all of your paperwork is prefect. It’s an ongoing risk

In this case they ain't making a mistake.. they are doing their jobs correctly.

Surprised you are still applying thought you was happy with your AQ one ????

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sanookmike said:

In this case they ain't making a mistake.. they are doing their jobs correctly.

Surprised you are still applying thought you was happy with your AQ one ????

The AQ QR is my backup plan, I still want the Test and Go QR code. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The AQ QR is my backup plan, I still want the Test and Go QR code. 

Fair enough 555 I hope you get it mate and not have to take a gamble. 

Already gambling when it comes to the PCR test they are far from perfect. 

Good luck 

• Confused 1