Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

11 hours ago, FalangTingTong said:

Hi all!  Just to add my experience since I found others’ informative.

1. Booked flight ahead of time, I ended up needing this for the hotel.
  2. Booked insurance - AXA Thailand “Sawasdee” cheaper package, basically travel insurance plus the COVID thing, about 18K Baht for 200-something days.  Starting date is my day of departure (not arrival) and ending is about ten days after my extension will expire, a month after my return flight.  Got certificate instantly.
  3. Booked Elegant Bangkok Airport Hotel for Test and Go package, had real-time human assistance, paid 3900 baht with Wise app, got the letter within 15 minutes.
  4. Applied for Thailand Pass about 7am EU time today: I’m American so I uploaded the CDC thing (a photo of it) and also my California digital vaccine certificate (as “dose two” document, since both documents mention both doses) and the QR code from that for both.  Plus flight confirmation, hotel confirmation, insurance certificate, passport.  All as JPEG.  Used my Apple email address. Answered all questions truthfully, not that there were many.
  5. Received confirmation and case number immediately.
  6. Received approval and Thailand Pass QR code just now, 11pm.

That was much faster than I expected, and gives me hope maybe they’ve worked through the backlog.  Or, maybe the requests are handled based on country of departure and leaving from a small country without many Thailand-bound tourists is an advantage.

I hope it goes this smoothly for everyone now!

At what stage during the process did you apply for your visa, what type of visa did you apply for and how long did that take? 

I've tried to register five times in the last 24 hours and on each occasion I can't even initiate my submission, just get 'application error - a client side exception has occurred'. But the information I've given is perfectly normal. Can anyone explain this or give a solution?

19 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

I used All Clear and even with a pre existing condition it was £144 but I did not take up the cancellation cover - maybe that's the difference?

You will almost certainly not be allowed to enter on 30 day exempt if you have a ticket that returns 3 months later - you probably won't get past check-in.

For those staying longer than 30 days it seems unnecessary to try to reduce the period of insurance as the requirement seems to be for general medical cover, not necessarily covid cover, for the initial 30 days. This from the TAT director general. After all, if you test positive you will only need to do 10 days in a hospital and possibly 14 days quarantine afterwards so a 30 day policy would cover. 

1 hour ago, tinjim said:

Although I'm negative, the hotel reception states that i should stay locked into my room until tomorrow check out at noon!!!

The rules say that you have to wait at the hotel for the test result but they also say you have to stay 1 night.  What they don't say is that you have to wait until check out.

On 11/10/2021 at 11:10 PM, NHMA said:

TP support success rate:

Contacted [email protected]: waited for 24 hours, no reply

24/7 Call Center: all lines are either ringing, no one is answering, or busy, or straight to voicemail

MFA call center: long wait and patience ran out

Resubmitted application for my wife. No CORS extension, no extra spaces in passport number. Got immediate email confirmation with access code. 

Baby steps in the right direction. 

Quick update: received QR code for my wife within 12 hours of resubmitting. 

25 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Just to clarify....you can't leave early morning?!

Would be inconvenient if you had domestic flight AM. 

I'm going to seek clarification on that - I need to be off as early as possible or I'm going to hit the great New Year's Eve Exodus on Mitraphap.

I can't see anywhere where it says you have to wait until check-out.

2 hours ago, tinjim said:

Hi guys,

I finally arrived in Bangkok after experiencing all the kinds of trouble everyone has.

Applied with Yahoo mail on November 1. Automatic email the next day then nothing.
Applied again with Gmail, instant confirmation, Thai pass the next day.

Thai airways checked all the documents required before boarding.

At Suvarnabhumi they only asked for Thai pass and negative PCR test. No lines, everything went fast (8.30 am).

Got tested on my way to the hotel at 10. Just got my result now (4.30pm) , negative. 

And now it comes  for the big surprise.

Although I'm negative, the hotel reception states that i should stay locked into my room until tomorrow check out at noon!!!

Another insanity yet revealing how absurd all this process is.

Nobody seems to know exactly what the rules are.

Has someone experienced the same situation? I think i read that other travellers were free to wander as soon as they got their negative test back, which seems nothing but logical!

Should I call the tourist police for false imprisonment?
Just kidding. 

I'm so exhausted by the trip and most of all by all the process that i just want to crash into my bed.

I just wanted to let you all know that here is another insanity you might face when arriving.

Good luck to everybody

You're not off the hook yet. I suspect the reason (as over-the-top as it is) is that other tourists on your flight might not get their results to very early tomorrow morning or late tonight (it took barrow 28hrs), if they are positive then you could be screwed - unless you had an empty row, and that behind and in-front, and you had a private transfer to the hotel (although I guess those at same hotel they would of got their results too by now).  You got a little further to go to get out the woods... Good luck

Edited by asiam110
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Re: Thailand Pass Dates 1 day Prior to that Applied for:

There have been several reports of a glitch in the Thailand Pass system that result in the arrival date (and potentially other dates) showing as 1 day prior to the date the applicant entered on their application. Some people have called the 'hotline' and been told their pass is valid for 72 hours from that arrival date on the pass so 'they'll be fine'.  Indeed, that information seems to have been passed on to the airlines:

There are three options for entering under the Thailand Pass registration:

• Exemption from quarantine - if arriving from Test and Go countries only
  • Sandbox programme - travellers from any country
  • Alternative quarantine - travellers from any country

Your Thailand Pass will be valid for 72 hours from the date of arrival stated on the QR Code.

https://www.etihad.com/en-gb/travel-updates/all-destinations-travel-guides

However if you are unlucky enough to have this problem you should scan the QR code on your pass and check all the other dates.  My friend's dates were all wrong, arrival, date of birth and vaccination dates - all 1 day out.  The airlines may scan your pass and see that information.

I can't see them being too concerned about your vaccination dates but your date of birth being wrong may cause a problem - if they check.

Before thinking you have 72 hours so 'you'll be fine', I strongly recommend that if all your dates are wrong, you contact your airline and if they say it will be OK, get it in writing from them before you travel.

Remember that if you are refused boarding for this reason, you are likely to have to pay for a new flight - the airline will simply say, its your responsibility to make sure you have the correct documentation to travel to your destination.

Personally, I wouldn't take the risk - I wouldn't even try checking in if my dates were wrong or anything else required was not in order.

• Like 2

On 11/1/2021 at 2:29 PM, Danderman123 said:

More to the point, Thailand Pass staff are probably processing based on flight date, so if you are flying in December, expect a long wait for your QR code.

My flight date to Thailand is very early January. I applied for the TP 2 days ago. I got the application approved and I got my QR code this morning. Very quick indeed!

• Like 1

On 11/1/2021 at 1:53 PM, wulli88 said:

I tried many times few hours ago for myself. After 10 times it worked and said successful and i got the confirmation by email. After that i tried for my dad, easily 30 times. Always the server problem.

I already booked the flights and everything. I think without the thai pass it wont be possible to enter thailand ?

Without the TP, no airline will let you board the plane going to Thailand.

3 hours ago, pasak said:

For those staying longer than 30 days it seems unnecessary to try to reduce the period of insurance as the requirement seems to be for general medical cover, not necessarily covid cover, for the initial 30 days. This from the TAT director general. After all, if you test positive you will only need to do 10 days in a hospital and possibly 14 days quarantine afterwards so a 30 day policy would cover. 

I read a news report in the other English newspaper in Phuket that a 30-day insurance cover would be enough especially for those expats and long term visa holders to apply for a Thailand Pass.  I venture a risk to quote one sentence from that article.

"But the Ministry of Foreign Affairs says that, in all those cases[referring to expats and long term visa holders], a 30 day policy should suffice (given that any demands on your Covid insurance would be less than 30 days)."

1 hour ago, KhaoYai said:

Re: Thailand Pass Dates 1 day Prior to that Applied for:

There have been several reports of a glitch in the Thailand Pass system that result in the arrival date (and potentially other dates) showing as 1 day prior to the date the applicant entered on their application. Some people have called the 'hotline' and been told their pass is valid for 72 hours from that arrival date on the pass so 'they'll be fine'.  Indeed, that information seems to have been passed on to the airlines:

There are three options for entering under the Thailand Pass registration:

• Exemption from quarantine - if arriving from Test and Go countries only
  • Sandbox programme - travellers from any country
  • Alternative quarantine - travellers from any country

Your Thailand Pass will be valid for 72 hours from the date of arrival stated on the QR Code.

https://www.etihad.com/en-gb/travel-updates/all-destinations-travel-guides

However if you are unlucky enough to have this problem you should scan the QR code on your pass and check all the other dates.  My friend's dates were all wrong, arrival, date of birth and vaccination dates - all 1 day out.  The airlines may scan your pass and see that information.

I can't see them being too concerned about your vaccination dates but your date of birth being wrong may cause a problem - if they check.

Before thinking you have 72 hours so 'you'll be fine', I strongly recommend that if all your dates are wrong, you contact your airline and if they say it will be OK, get it in writing from them before you travel.

Remember that if you are refused boarding for this reason, you are likely to have to pay for a new flight - the airline will simply say, its your responsibility to make sure you have the correct documentation to travel to your destination.

Personally, I wouldn't take the risk - I wouldn't even try checking in if my dates were wrong or anything else required was not in order.

They have removed the birth date from the page the QR code links to, for just this reason.

• Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, goldmagpie said:

They have removed the birth date from the page the QR code links to, for just this reason.

So they have ????

What's the betting they are running XP (Pantip copy) with the date set wrong? ????

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, tinjim said:

Hi guys,

I finally arrived in Bangkok after experiencing all the kinds of trouble everyone has.

Applied with Yahoo mail on November 1. Automatic email the next day then nothing.
Applied again with Gmail, instant confirmation, Thai pass the next day.

Thai airways checked all the documents required before boarding.

At Suvarnabhumi they only asked for Thai pass and negative PCR test. No lines, everything went fast (8.30 am).

Got tested on my way to the hotel at 10. Just got my result now (4.30pm) , negative. 

And now it comes  for the big surprise.

Another insanity yet revealing how absurd all this process is.

Nobody seems to know exactly what the rules are.

Has someone experienced the same situation? I think i read that other travellers were free to wander as soon as they got their negative test back, which seems nothing but logical!

Should I call the tourist police for false imprisonment?
Just kidding. 

I'm so exhausted by the trip and most of all by all the process that i just want to crash into my bed.

I just wanted to let you all know that here is another insanity you might face when arriving.

Good luck to everybody

I arrived today in Phuket, and was free to go out of the hotel as soon as my airport PCR test was confirmed negative. So it looks like your "detention" is a local initiative by the hotel staff. Nowhere the Test & Go rules state that the "Go" part is available after the whole plane is tested.

Here are some observations of the travel process:

I think the TP will be obsoleted soon, maybe in a month or two when the low tourist numbers are published. It is just not used by the various parties in the process as designed to be used. The worst are the airlines - they want to check all the paperwork, no matter that this is already checked by the Thai government and digitally signed. For example that's the reason nobody asks for a birth certificate, the date of birth is already checked by the government and put in the passport, which has various anti forgery technologies applied.

I was flying with Etihad, and they didn't bother to scan the QR code, they were looking only at the printout, everyone with a Photoshop or similar could have crafted something similar. Due to excessive paperwork checks the flight was delayed nearly an hour.

At the Phuket airport the process was much better, mainly due to the manpower deployed on the ground. However still at some stages various paperwork in addition to the Thailand pass is demanded. Overall it is quite fast to get out of the airport to the PCR test area, maybe around 20 minutes.

I should mention that I'm in the Sandbox scheme, not Test&Go.

I have a reentry permit for my non-O retirement visa up to mid June next year, and got insurance to to cover me for that period, but the IO didn't seem to look at the insurance paper at all (unless he sees the submitted TP info on his screen), got stamped without problems to the end of my reentry permit.

Outside in the PCR test area the staff gave me a freebie which looks like an ATK test kit, I'm not familiar with these and didn't spend any time yet to figure out what exactly is in the pack. There is a QR code attached to it, I assume it points to the rules how and when to be used.

All in all TP looks like another pretty useless exercise by the government, they could just tell the airlines what is required, because they do all the checks anyway.

BTW the airline announced just before landing that port products importation is prohibited, and anyone caught may face up to 200K fine and up to 2 years jail...leave that Jamon Serrano pack back at home ????

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

I can see that you've blanked out a portion but posting a photo of your passport on a public form is not recommnded,

It’s funny that you thought it was my passport even though I’ve gone through the trouble of removing my name from everything else I posted. Try googling ‘passport’ and see what comes up. ☺️????

Edited by mando686
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, mando686 said:

It’s funny that you thought it was my passport even though I’ve gone through the trouble of removing my name from everything else I posted. Try googling ‘passport’ and see what comes up. ☺️????

Fair enough ????

8 hours ago, pasak said:

I've tried to register five times in the last 24 hours and on each occasion I can't even initiate my submission, just get 'application error - a client side exception has occurred'. But the information I've given is perfectly normal. Can anyone explain this or give a solution?

Strangely it doesn't work on Google Chrome but it does work on Firefox and on an iphone. Can anyone explain? 

7 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

I'm going to seek clarification on that - I need to be off as early as possible or I'm going to hit the great New Year's Eve Exodus on Mitraphap.

Asked my hotel if I can leave early morning if my test results are back. Yes I can.

• Like 1