Thailand expects one million foreign visitors between November and March

webfact

why do they say this stuff every week? if they are coming just let them come.. but cut out the guessing game. reminds me of a chick i was dating partway through the pandemic. when i left and went back to the states she kept saying i think you will be able to come back next month. and what are you basing that on? blank stare. 

Edited by AdamRich
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kennw said:

Read the requirement carefully, it is "medical insurance" that must include covid cover, this forces people into a much larger policy and of course higher cost.  

I don't need to read anything carefully.

Does it cover ASQ or just medical expenses ?

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, mar zarych said:

Same old BS predictions, They just spit out whatever they dream up. No consequences for repeatedly making false and inaccurate predictions. Fools

Lightened up. Prediction is divination, forecast, foretelling. Do you think any of those are meant to be precise and accurate. 

• Like 1

That's in average 200,000 arrivals per month - and I presume we talk about real tourist arrivals - which might no be impossible, but less in November, and more in the usual high season months.

Quote from the article...

For 2022, TAT expects no less than 10 million foreign visitors and they are expected to generate an income of 1.5 trillion baht for the country, accounting for 50 per cent of the income before the Covid pandemic in 2019 when nearly 40 million visited the country.

I now realize why there are so much talk about so-called quality tourists, they spend in average double as much money as a so-called normal tourist...:thumbsup:

5 hours ago, tonysilly said:

1 million. And the Thai Pass App is not even working lol 

I did not know that. Can you explain what the problem is please as my son was planning to come here to visit me in the near future .

4 minutes ago, Uroller said:

Why does TAT keep embarrassing themselves by throwing out ridiculous numbers???????????? Are the really expecting a rush of tourists to come to a “dry” no fun country????????????

0636CD48-3DE7-46F3-A72E-952A09F2C092.jpeg

Looks like a lot of revellers coming to hear Kamala Harris speak.  At the southern border that she is supposed to be boss of.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

WOW, 43 sushi munchers arrive, no wonder I couldn't spot the HUGE flood of newbies in Soi 4 Nana last night!!

Just a smattering of the usual suspects sipping green tea and diet cokes, looking for some boom boom bunny to have a happy ending with.

One particular bar has NEVER let the ban worry it, maybe it's owner is someone very special?

C'est la vie .............

With so few coming it's ludicrous to have all the requirements.  Just drop them all except proof of vaccination.  The numbers will still be very small but you get a firm, easy policy in place for the future.  Step 1 is getting everyone on the same page with no confusion, no questions, no vagueness, no constant changes.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO there may be an initial influx, but soon as the social media reports of not much to do, no night entertainment, restricted booze in restaurants etc etc etc hit the ether, it's all over, bar the weeping and wailing.

I was once conned by a travel agent to visit a certain country off the coast of India, by tales of how great it was, but after two weeks in the decrepit, entertainment devoid, dirty and dangerous place I'd never ever go back and I certainly would not recommend it to anyone, except an enemy.

Similar tales may eventuate with the present situation. In the past we put up with the grot and the inefficiency because the entertainment was so great. Without that entertainment how many of us would bother?

Odd you should say that. A friend whom I initially met in Thailand, and who knows I like to "snowbird" saw the news yesterday and texted me "So when are you off to Thailand?"  I....ummmmm....set him straight! ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Lightened up. Prediction is divination, forecast, foretelling. Do you think any of those are meant to be precise and accurate. 

From a Govt department, yes! Or at least a semblance of realism would be nice!

Just recently (1 month ago or so) they said they expected 19 million tourists in 2022. So of only 1 million are coming through March. They expect the other 18 million to come in the 9 months after. Every thing and prediction they come up with is laughable.  
also they always just think of the tourists in terms of how much money they are going to spend. Just collect the money from them at the airport as they go through immigration then turn them around and give them the boot out of the country. A whole lot easier. 

Edited by dkg224

4 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I'm confused, it's obvious that millions of foreigners love Thailand and are desperate to come here, yet all the ones that live here seem to moan all the time.

Or the ones beneath them do......

10 hours ago, Oblomov said:

One problem - we come from free countries with transparent and accountable governments and we don't get led around by our own governments let alone by those of places we visit freely

Can you tell me what are those "free countries with transparent and accountable governments."  I am from the USA and I can assure you that the government there is anything but transparent or accountable. And looking around the world I don't seem to have the ability to locate one either. 

Sounds like you must come from either OZ or Never Never Land

• Like 2

Maybe not with the math their using.

But I think theres going to be a lot of pent-up dudes wanting to visit.

No matter how many hoops there are, It can be worth it for some of these Thai gals!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Millcx said:

They have cancelled the slots and all went to Portugal to a bar …. It was either that or a Temple near BKK… So it was Faro here they come “;0)

4 hours ago, Millcx said:

They have cancelled the slots and all went to Portugal to a bar …. It was either that or a Temple near BKK… So it was Faro here they come “;0)

I thought Portugal was rather cold at this time of the year although depending where you come from 18 -20 C might be considered hot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Longwood50 said:

Can you tell me what are those "free countries with transparent and accountable governments."  I am from the USA and I can assure you that the government there is anything but transparent or accountable. And looking around the world I don't seem to have the ability to locate one either. 

Sounds like you must come from either OZ or Never Never Land

By 'free' I simply mean that there is some accounting for what the govt does and that truth seeps out regardless of how it is obfuscated by those in power - the truth may lag behind by years sometimes but it gets out

Of course no country is perfect or even fair to most of its citizens but silly remarks about OZ aside, there are ways to expose and censor those that abuse power in some countries better than others.  We're all in varying degrees of a terrible mess, I agree with that.

1 hour ago, Longwood50 said:

By 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Oblomov said:

Why don't they mandate it - order visitors to change up 60k-100k at the airport - track them ensuring the money is spent unwisely at the malls and chain restaurants - when the money is dwindling quickly whisk them back up to swampy - frisk them to make sure they're not trying to fly out with any baht tucked in their socks - grab the next batch and hustle them off to the Kasikorn kiosk and so it goes on

Communist countries did this in the old days. When I went to Poland in the late 60s  I had to declare all the money I had and change a fixed amount into their currency. I had to spend all that money or donate it to charity in Poland. No possibility of changing it back.  If Thailand adopted this procedure they would demand too much and deter even more tourists !