Only six international travelers found with Covid-19 infections so far since the reopening, CAAT to issue more preventive announcements

snoop1130

17 hours ago, Farangus said:

It is very interesting what the situation with the neighbors on the plane is for these 6 infected people.
Were they placed in mandatory quarantine as well?

imaginbe you have a 2 week vacation and have to spend in quarantine. Do YOU want to run the risk_

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, JayBird said:

If TAT is expecting 10M tourists, that's 3000 infected.

More than enough to kick off another wave.

May need to persist with quarantine or deal with widespread transmission.

Not necessary if they are vaccinated.

https://wamu.org/story/21/10/12/breakthrough-infections-might-not-be-a-big-transmission-risk-heres-the-evidence/

10 hours ago, bermondburi said:

In my country it would be impossible to fake the vaccine cert. I can't see how anyone could do it. 

Nothing is impossible, there are always ways round things, and that is in any country. All anyone can do is try and make it harder for the bad guys.

17 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Don't know what's worse 6 travellers with covid or only 1500 arrivals a day - rate is currently half their prediction of 1st 5 days now.

Be also interested to know where they were all from- dodgy vaccines or certificate - or just plain unlicky

4,510 real tourist, I doubt it

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CamaroZL1 said:

do you have any idea of there movements from the time they got tested to the time they actually got on the plane? No you dont.

Go to shops, go to restaurant, go to cafe. Plenty of places to get infected from the time you get the test to the time you get tested in Thailand.

Its not a fool proof 100% guarantee system,. however its as safe as we can possibly get it without testing everyone every time they leave the home.

Hard to find a definite answer as to how long after exposure the pcr test will show a positive result. The most specific answer I found so far is here: 

https://nortonhealthcare.com/news/how-long-after-exposure-to-test-positive-for-covid/

It can take almost a week after exposure to COVID-19 to have a positive test result

So maybe the preflight + day off arrival testing is the best system there is, but it really means absolution nothing and doesn't make travel any safer to anyone

51 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

If you are transiting at Singapore Changi airport do you need a "digital" vaccination card?  That would be odd because most countries don't even have them.  I did hear about the pcr test 48 hours before departure to SG.  

Yes that is correct, most places are moving towards digital vaccinations cards, most problematic is the CDC card although there are routes to digitalize them (e.g walk into any tourist area german pharmacy as a tourist and you'll get an EUDCC vaccine QR valid on all EU covid apps and for international travel by 1 year since CDC vax date) - I would expect something domestically too soon

Edited by asiam110

1 minute ago, asiam110 said:

Yes that is correct, most places are moving towards digital vaccinations cards, most problematic is the CDC card although there are routes to digitalize them (e.g walk into any tourist area german pharmacy as a tourist and you'll get an EUDCC vaccine QR valid on all EU covid apps and for international travel by 1 year since CDC vax date) - I would expect something domestically too soon

And German police reported that there is an increased number of fake covid passes.

3 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

And German police reported that there is an increased number of fake covid passes.

The QR can be validated - you can't generate a signed (by a key in list of accepted registrars) vaxxed QR yourself - you can download a validator app too  - so the public keys to authenticate many vax QR are out in the open (at least for EUDCC).

Sure there are QR generators online and probably a lot of venues and possibly some third world country immigrations dont authenticate the QR, but that wont work in Singapore

Edited by asiam110

31 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Thats right for the test and go category but remember there are still 3 methods to enter, Test and Go, Sandbox or Quarantine. If they travel via the quarantine method then no they do not need a test.

Thank you. You are right, and the untested Thais using the AQ route probably get onto the same plane as the Test-And-Go tourists who are vaccinated and PCR-tested. Very few airlines seem to have their own requirement that all passengers must be tested regardless of the destination countries' exemption for their nationals but Thai Airways is not among them.

18 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Don't know what's worse 6 travellers with covid or only 1500 arrivals a day - rate is currently half their prediction of 1st 5 days now.

Be also interested to know where they were all from- dodgy vaccines or certificate - or just plain unlicky

I was surprised Qatar was high on the list of arrivals. I presume the passengers were not all Qatari. 

My understanding is that Doha is  hub airport so the passengers arrivals could generally be from anywhere west of there I.e. UK, France, Italy etc..

55 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

The fake EU-type Covid-19 certificate will show up as fake when checked with an EU-certified verification app because the name and date of birth showing up on the screen will not match those on the ID document being presented. It can be uploaded for the Thailand Pass application but hopefully the consular section of the Ministry of Public Health, which processes the applications, uses an EU verification app to do the check.

The QR code on EU-type Covid-19 certificates cannot be faked. From https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.rki.covpass.app

- Cryptographic security: The QR code is protected with a strong signature and cannot be forged.

Edited by Puccini
Added last paragraph

18 hours ago, 3MagicBeers said:

I was under the impression China has banned its citizens from outbound travel, unless they are essential workers abroad - and even then they are subject to a 3 week quarantine back home in China.

Business people or returning workers , either way they are not tourists.

6 hours ago, James105 said:

In other words, there were 4504 people locked up for 24 hours and extorted for however much this imprisonment cost them without good reason.   

Give us a clue. 

How did you know the 4504 were not infected when they got off the plane?

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Vaccination can prevent infections by about 90%, hospitalization by 95%, more or less.

The vaccines protect for around 60 to 80+% against infection with SARS-CoV-2 but for over 90% against hospitalisation with COVID-19.

https://patient.info/news-and-features/does-being-vaccinated-against-covid-19-stop-you-getting-infected

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

Or alternatively these people had covid but the testing did not pick it up.  

Exactly.

It was said right at the start of the pandemic that people had to have the virus about 5 days before it would show up on a test.

Those that had the virus for a couple of days would pass the pre departure test but not the one on arrival.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Give us a clue. 

How did you know the 4504 were not infected when they got off the plane?

I'd say that would be important information to know in a country that has zero covid (there is no such country) and any new arrival with covid would introduce it back into the country, but on balance of risks I would say it would be better to presume they don't if they are double vaccinated and tested prior to travel when coming to a country infested with covid, rather than imprisoning them for 24 hours and making them pay for the inconvenience too.  

If the intention of the policy is to put off the majority of tourists coming here then it is one that is working well. 

• Like 2