Best Airlines

LoeiI

Sorry if this is the incorrect forum location (Please relocate if required) but I've flown Business class with Etihad for about 12 years now they are pretty good and the airport is easy to navigate, but i have heard good things about Qatar and Singapore any recent experiences ? TIA any others worth a look Finnish, Turkish, KLM  

Many years ago, when I had a yearly flight to Thailand, I used EMIRATES from DUS in Germany. Stop over in Dubai. Good quality and not expensive.

Yes I've read many times that Qatar Air is excellent. My problem, it doesn't fly to DUS, but to FRA. Not so comfortable for me.

A couple of years ago Oman Air had by far the best BC and service but that has changed.

Emirates, Ethihad and Quatar are good airlines. My favorite is SIA.

Pre covid I used Thai often. Planes and service not comparable with the Middle Easterners though much more expensive. The reason to fly with them was they were the only ones to offera non stop flight Muc-Bkk.

For Muc-Bkk later this month I take Swiss because it's the fastest right now.

Edited by JustAnotherHun

47 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

A couple of years ago Oman Air had by far the best BC and service but that has changed.

Emirates, Ethihad and Quatar are good airlines. My favorite is SIA.

Pre covid I used Thai often. Planes and service not comparable with the Middle Easterners though much more expensive. The reason to fly with them was they were the only ones to offera non stop flight Muc-Bkk.

For Muc-Bkk later this month I take Swiss because it's the fastest right now.

I usually fly Manchester to BKK so nowt direct now, Singapore used to fly that route but now an extra stop in Dusseldorf i think,  I tried LHR to BKK once with Thai I'd rather go through Dantes 9th circle than LHR to be honest 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

And now the Taxi drivers are attempting  to price gouge.  2500 from airport to Pattaya.   Do yourself a favor.  Find alternate route.  Don't  let them use you like that.

Anyone who can afford to fly business class from Europe to BKK is unlikely to be concerned over a 2,500 baht taxi fare.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, toolpush said:

I fly Business Class to and from Canada and I care what my taxi fare is.......

I don't know about Canada but in the UK a 30 mile ride from airport to home costs 3,500 baht. Bangkok to Pattaya (100 miles) for 2,500 seems quite reasonable to me.

• Confused 2

My personal favorites: Finnair and Austrian Airlines.

Finnair business class travel as a whole was a very nice experience everytime I made use of it.

Austrian Airlines for their chef on bord. Let's say you only fly business this one time, have a try. Food on Austrian Airlines flight is prepared by a dedicated on flight chef.

Middle East airlines are all excellent and try and target A380 upstairs for business.

Singapore is also very good & I will be and have been using them as they have many of the routes open for what I need. Most transit through Singapore though.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, roquefort said:

I don't know about Canada but in the UK a 30 mile ride from airport to home costs 3,500 baht. Bangkok to Pattaya (100 miles) for 2,500 seems quite reasonable to me.

Twice what a regular ride would cost is certainly an attempt at price gouging, the same as it would be if a UK or Canadian cabbie doubled his price for no reason.  The fact one is more or less value than the other doesn't change that.

Edited by treetops
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, LoeiI said:

. . . . but i have heard good things about Qatar and Singapore any recent experiences ? TIA any others worth a look Finnish, Turkish, KLM 

Your origin can also have an affect on choice of airline.  eg I flew Finnair recently but their schedule meant only one day of the week I could use them without an excessive transit time.  They, Turkish and KLM don't have true Business Class to my local airport, while Qatar and Emirates do.

Also, the Middle East ones tend to have multiple flights daily to BKK so better back up for when something goes wrong.  KLM too probably, but I'm not sure about Turkish or Finnair's regular schedule.

16 hours ago, LoeiI said:

any others worth a look Finnish, Turkish, KLM

Consistently Emerates/Qatar/SIA and maybe even Cathay, are very good.

Surprisingly Thai (depending on route) are also good, and you have the bonus of all their lounges at Swampy.

British, Lufthansa, KLM, US Finnair, Swiss and Delta, fair to middlin.

As a previous poster indicated Oman air used to be good but not so now.

And at the bottom (well at the bottom) would be Turkish, Saudi and Egyptair.

1 hour ago, roquefort said:

Anyone who can afford to fly business class from Europe to BKK is unlikely to be concerned over a 2,500 baht taxi fare.

Let the taxi drivers and others know you don't mind being price gouged/cheated.

• Confused 1

Be careful with Qatar (business) , look up which plane they are running on the Bangkok-Qatar leg if thats your route. I flew 3 times with them and it was always an old plane with old style seats. Qatar to LHR was FABULOUS though with a little private cabin and a low door you can shut.

I do like Emirates. I also like Finair and Turkish but you get stung with a lesser plane on the route to LHR form their hub.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roquefort said:

anyone who flies business class will have booked the AOT 7-Series to get to Patts ????

As a business class flyer for a long time and many many miles around the globe theres one choice only for me. If you're flying long distance e.g. Euro to LOS I'd recommend Qatar and make sure you book and are allotted a Q Suite. Take a stop in the middle east for a day or so and then fly on if you want to make it a really, leisurely, and easy transition between continents (you might be able to snag a free stopover).

The other two of the M3 are great but Qatar is by far the best Bus. Class (it's more like first class at business prices in my opinion). I used to fly Emirates exclusively but now I look to Qatar as my first option. 

If you look around you might be able to find a first class ticket at near business prices.

The reason I place Qatar so highly is the last comment I made is bolstered by the cabin space being far superior, add to this the cabin crew experience, and the food and they are best in class. 

• Thanks 1

Between Emirates, Etihad, Singapore and Qatar, I'd make my decision more on price, flight timings and layover length. I've flown them all, and they are all excellent - as are a few others. If you're on a QSuite equipped plane, I'd say Qatar wins.