Thai PM urges relevant government agencies to fix “Thailand Pass” system after many did not receive QR code

webfact

10 minutes ago, bdenner said:

How does the good general running a country that still mandates the use of "Bank Books" for most things financial expect the so called Digital Government Development Agency to fix this and the 90 Day Reporting system in a hurry?

We have had covid for almost 2 years, immigration app has not been working for about as long .

you would think with all the social distancing and stay at home , fixing that would get a priority., but you would be wrong . Not only 90 day not working but also reporting foreign guests also not working 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, meechai said:

The most tech advanced countries of the world both East & West would not attempt a online entry Pre-Flight system

Yet Thailand with their abysmal online record past of visa extension que, 90 day etc or the many data breaches both banks & government sites on a regular basis will try such a feat?

They have been drinking their own kool-aid ...........again 

I have just been sent an invitation to apply for M Pass the barrier less tolling system for Thai motorways relying on the latest ANPR technology. But there are no instructions in Thai or English on registration just a list of documents in mixed Thai and English which it looks like you have to download, fill in and print and send by snail mail. Probably written by the same elite programming team who can’t debug the 90 day reporting system or Thailand Pass and have to rely on printing and photocopying to collect information that either has been previously recorded or could easily be collected online.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With the big re-opening on Nov 1st, TAT originally predicted 1m tourists by end of the year.

Quickly revised down to 700,000.

BkkPost - last week 12,000.

They won't get 100k a month with this shambles in charge.

RAZZ

• Like 1

A country setting up an IT system to allow visitors to register and travel is a good idea .

If it works .

If it does not work as intended , it needs to be amended .

To prevent further ' loss of face ' for a country that emphasizes on this .

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Muhendis said:

I thought I read somewhere that only 1/3 of applicants were dealt with in a timely manner. To my mind the other 2/3  is considerably more than "some".

Yes, I read this, too (in the newspaper that cannot be cited here), and that's a shame. Why not make it easy and leave it up to the airlines to accept any proof of vaccination or fit-to-fly certificate resp.? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LivingNThailand said:

It was a joke about the beer.  My point was that they had a simple solution to move people, travelers, tourists into the country.  Simple.  Never mind.  Trying to make a joke when everyone is soooo serious.

Try a smiley emoticon... sometimes helps here where a SOH or double entendre can be overlooked. 

• Haha 1

Just now, cardinalblue said:

99.9% are testing negative on 2nd test so why inconvenient 99% of travelers? 

inefficient policy….eliminate it 

I thought only 10 had tested positive.....how does one get that result?

• Like 1

If everything had run smoothly with the Thai pass, the person in charge of it would have made all the other big wigs here look bad and lose face, thus earning a future demotion when least expected due to jealousy and fear of that persons competence.  All Thai big wigs intuitively know this.  This is the way it is and always will be.

3 hours ago, Chad3000 said:

and a team would have been working on it first day out of the gate

My sons grade 1 class was hired to do the QA on the Thai Pass system and they found so many faults they pushed the problem up the channel to the grade 2 class, where it got bogged down in red tape.  Now it is back with the grade ones.

Damn hoping the let my son start studying again soon as this QA doesn't help his grades.

• Haha 2