Thai PM urges relevant government agencies to fix “Thailand Pass” system after many did not receive QR code

webfact

9 hours ago, fgmr said:

At the time those engaged in the Data Processing Industries, (Information Technology, came into the vocabulary much later) were usually with an above average IQ. Not now.

Unfortunately the proliferation of a little knowledge has enabled many individuals to participate and make careers in IT. This has led to current disasters. 

Not my field but this sounds like a very valid comment indeed. This combined with the well-known Thai tendency to get 1) over-confident; and 2) quickly bored with anything that requires mental focus; and 3) the general acceptance of vagueness .... as many said, you could easily predict the debacle coming!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, puck2 said:

I think it's better to tell every IO-officer, that the 90-day reporting is an absolutely waste. Stop this idiotic order as soon as possible. Ask them, how many culprits did they catch because of this reporting? And most important: tell the officers, they should report this to all IO-officers in the line up. 

They should feel and learn that the falangs don't like stupid and needless reports.

That's why I called the hotline to at least voice my claim. I doubt my local Samui IO boss has much pull with the actual system. And truth be told the service I get from them is excellent so I would rather not hit him with my overall complaints. But... If they are gonna keep up this nonsense at least make it a few computer clicks. For them to acknowledge to me that the system has failed for the past 11 months and nothing has been done in that time is absolutely shameful.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

speed it up, yes good idea, Copy of you vaccine on your phone or country issued cert, maybe negative test paperwork and flight ticket - rest is complete balls.

You keep the pass more than another 6 weeks and nobodies coming in numbers next year either.

They have said only 30,000 will come a month now - 1000 tourists a day - no airport , business or airlines can manage that continuing loss. Numbers are up now due to people like us that want to go back or need to, there will be a drop off in the coming weeks if pass not abandoned.

The Thai pass site should have this put on the web site.

th?id=OIP.hJBytOLNdmeqsQ22UFcBzAHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

And the appalling user-unfriendly e-visa website is just as bad with no improvements being made since it was introduced 2 or 3 years ago. Ive read of many who just gave up on it. It must have lost Thailand thousands of tourists already.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

555 I hope you won't get a rejection after 7 days because of your unusually long stay. It's crazy how a machine software forces people to enter mad data.

Is that a consideration for the Thailand Pass?

Actually my interaction with the embassy leads me to think 999 is a default if needed. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

Just now, scorecard said:

Is that a consideration for the Thailand Pass?

I hope not. Wish you good luck.

Some got their TP QR code within hours. They were then automatically confirmed. Others, where something is "wrong", are probably sorted out for human verification. As long as you don't have an appointment pressure, you can watch it relaxed.

2 hours ago, NobbyClarke said:

Forget everything.

The most relevant and important solution is to have the whole Thai population vaccinated.

If and when this does happen surely it's the time to open.

The world press is bad enough now. I can only imagine what will be said when tourists begin arriving home with Covid.

Thais first, tourists second.

Maybe I am wrong or missing something.

You'll be reminded that none of this has anything to do with the health and well being of the people. 

Other priorities will certainly take precedent - 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, micmichd said:

Why go home at the airlines's expense? The airlines should be able to check everything before you're boarding a flight. 

That's precisely what I mean - if you arrive without the required documentation, the airline hasn't checked it properly so they'd have to foot the bill for your return flight.  I believe that's how it works currently regarding visas - arilines are fined/poy the cost or both.

• Like 2

Mistake

Mods - when you need to delete a post, how do you delete any images?  I've deleted the image below several times but it stays in 'Uploaded Images' at the bottom and re-appears when I click 'Save'

Edit: Now its gone - magic!

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

????

I'm angry because I had to support criminal gangs.

Unwittingly, we've all been engaged in these types of activities forever. Playing the game, as to be expected. 

It ain't rebellin' if you're drinking what they're sellin'. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Mistake

Mods - when you need to delete a post, how do you delete any images?  I've deleted the image below several times but it stays in 'Uploaded Images' at the bottom and re-appears when I click 'Save'

Look in the lower right hand corner for the Delete option:

image.png.2a47a181d534ec03cd65cdf80aa9b055.png

• Thanks 1

Sri Lanka still ahead of the game for ease of entry as one of the first in Asia to open...

They have now removed pcr before/after and 1 night quarantine conditions.

If you have been double vaxxed, just show that proof and away you go...

Though with India origin travellers, that could be a recipe for disaster with their fake vaccine cert. industry in full swing.

43 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

That's precisely what I mean - if you arrive without the required documentation, the airline hasn't checked it properly so they'd have to foot the bill for your return flight.  I believe that's how it works currently regarding visas - arilines are fined/poy the cost or both.

That's how it's always worked - even in "normal" times. 

The respective airlines are asked to act as gestapo authority and a go-between for govt/immigration/visa policy. 

12 hours ago, fgmr said:

Meanwhile those business owners and staff are desparately waiting for customers. Many have already closed shop permanently.

If you think this cockamamy scheme would work (and of course it didn't) you'd be wrong I"m sorry to say.  

• Sad 1

Dear Khun Prayat, the word you should be implementing is "abolish" not "fix" 

After reading UK news it looks like Jamaica is going to be a popular holiday destination for Brits now. 

Too little, too late unfortunately   

Foreign ministry fixing Thailand Pass system’s issue of slow QR code

1636095681_1-org.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is making adjustments to the Thailand Pass system after tourists have had to wait long periods to receive their QR codes. The ministry is now allowing the use of PDF files to facilitate tourists’ selection of their initial hotel which is linked to an accommodating hospital.

Department of Information director-general Tanee Sangrat explained that the slow QR code problem in the Thailand Pass system has arisen due to several causes. These include registrants not having uploaded their vaccination evidence or having uploaded poorly visible scans, the information supplied not matching the designated items, the hotel booking information not having been linked to the system of a hospital supplying RT-PCR tests, and multiple attempts at registration have caused confusion in the approval process. Mr. Tanee said there were also cases of the wrong email address being filled by the applicant or the applicant’s email box being full, which meant the applicant did not receive the responding mail or the QR code. In some cases, @hotmail addresses did not accept the response emails; the foreign ministry is currently coordinating with Hotmail service provider Microsoft to address this issue. In the meantime, applicants are advised to use non-Hotmail addresses to register.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is working with the relevant agencies to address the issues that have surfaced with the Thailand Pass system and make improvements so that travelers may be better serviced.

Applicants may now submit documents in PDF format and select their initial hotel using a drop-down list. A function for checking the registration status is being implemented so applicants will not have to resort to registering multiple times. Work is also being carried out to increase the number of digital vaccine certificates supported by the automatic system, in order to reduce the workload of officials.

Travelers are advised to leave extra time for the vaccine certificate inspection. Those who have matters of urgency are advised to contact the Thai consulate nearest to them or the Department of Consular Affairs call center at phone no. 02 572 8442.

From November 1 to 6, a total of 90,165 applications were made for the Thailand Pass and 33,788 have already been approved. However, those who possess the Certificate of Entry that was approved before November 1 may still use it to enter Thailand.

nnt.jpg
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, monty1412 said:

100% agree with this.. I just flew to Kenya from TH over the weekend.. at QATAR check in at Swampy showed passport, East Africa visa, COVID test <72 hours old, Thai issued vax passport, Kenya track code ( downloaded from Kenya website that does work), proof of accomodation and was soon strolling through a very empty terminal on the way to the departure gate.. on Kenya side it was rinse and repeat , no more than 5 minutes in front of desk time at check in in BKK  or arrival in Nairobi  

There you go with the common sense again... ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Chang_paarp said:

We concentrate the great unwashed tourists who cannot get the Thailand Pass, how about the poor Thais who cannot get back home?

These people are far more significant to the relevant authorities than the great unwashed. Even more worrying for them, they can complain in the correct language, and they may have connected relatives! 

I would think any Thai who wanted to come back the last two years has been here for a while

9 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

555 I hope you won't get a rejection after 7 days because of your unusually long stay. It's crazy how a machine software forces people to enter mad data.

I just entered 30, TP took it.  If I do get in, I plan to extend for another 30.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, keemapoot said:

You are right, the image format is already a pain. If you have any document saved in PDF, you will have to reformat it to jpg or other image format, otherwise you cannot upload it. I started my application yesterday, but have been unable to complete for many reasons, including waiting for my hotel confirmation of the booking. I strongly suspect I will have to start the entire application over again once all the exact specifications have been assembled, but you don't know that until you start. Very errant system.

Exactly right.  Thailand pass website does not accept any pdf format at all, nor multiple pages nor anything over 5mb. So the system is rubbish yes but if you only enter single pages per download request and you know how to convert files to jpeg or png you shouldn't have a problem. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, moe666 said:

I would think any Thai who wanted to come back the last two years has been here for a while

Some of them have a life elsewhere you know or couldn’t have ( afford to ) returned earlier

• Like 2