Thai Airways to continue to be national flag carrier despite financial woes

webfact

It will be a struggle for all airlines in the coming 12-18 months until flights are at least 60-65% occupied. Airlines have always been a pride of many countries. Thai Airways has reduced the fleet to about 50 from 80 and laid of thousands of people. Let us do hope that their new setup works out as they do fly direct. I would not like to change or ever buy a ticket to Europe with a Middle East stop. Always prefer 12 hours direct than 2 x 6 hours. Good luck 

Thaiairways still owe me money from canceling my tickets in 2019.

I will NEVER fly with the scummy company again even if I can get cheaper more direct flights I will gladly pay slightly more and fly a better service, class, comfort airline (Qantas,  Singapore, Emirates, Qutar) 

Thaiairways is dead to me never again.

Scumbags.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

They have little cash,  they allegedly made 11.1 bill baht during the first 6 months which few really believe,  they are hunting the banks for another 25 bill baht to continue,  they owe billions to creditors already, they cannot pay ticket refunds out. 

Now let me think for a second on what their future prospects may be like  !!!    Lol     never mind .

Well A M8 of mine got his Vouchers sent to him ( Almost 40k Baht ) So There Yer go !!

• Like 1

Remove all the influence from politicians, military and government officials and you would have the best Airline in the world. Unfortunately it will never happen. Many staff and ex staff are sick about it but have no power to change it. Look at the choice of airplanes that remained. A 320 with Smile, A330, A 350 and even de A 380 would have been less headage, but most of the ex military guys, (who have more power within THai) are flying Boeing, the company that helped with the reorganisation is American based and has no airline but only American defense experience. So actually nothing did change about nepotism and corruption. Good luck.

15 minutes ago, dutchweller said:

Thaiairways still owe me money from canceling my tickets in 2019.

I will NEVER fly with the scummy company again even if I can get cheaper more direct flights I will gladly pay slightly more and fly a better service, class, comfort airline (Qantas,  Singapore, Emirates, Qutar) 

Thaiairways is dead to me never again.

Scumbags.

FYI all those you mentioned (probably) still own money to THEIR customers, you only move from one scumbag to another. Do some research and you find it. A Dutch guy who is willing to pay more for less is a new thing for me. ???? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SomchaiCNX said:

Remove all the influence from politicians, military and government officials and you would have the best Airline in the world. Unfortunately it will never happen. Many staff and ex staff are sick about it but have no power to change it. Look at the choice of airplanes that remained. A 320 with Smile, A330, A 350 and even de A 380 would have been less headage, but most of the ex military guys, (who have more power within THai) are flying Boeing, the company that helped with the reorganisation is American based and has no airline but only American defense experience. So actually nothing did change about nepotism and corruption. Good luck.

Nothing wrong with Boeing 777 and 787, World leader in twin engine aircraft...loved my Brisbane to Bangkok direct flights 

3 hours ago, koele2 said:

He basically said Thai airways can mess up as much as they want, they will always be saved.  Incompetence rewarded again.

this kind of thinking doubtless is the product of the government school system.

Edited by malibukid
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

I only used to fly them to see the pretty crew smile so I could get back into Thailand happy mood after a long absence.

Much better than the old angry dragons on Qantas ????

The Air Asia girls are way better looking than the Thai Airways girls. but Air Asia don't fly to Oz.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Nothing wrong with Boeing 777 and 787, World leader in twin engine aircraft...loved my Brisbane to Bangkok direct flights 

777 - great aircraft.

787 - flown a few times but now avoid.  Too many reports (and documentaries) about dodgy build quality and bad / missing QC for my liking.

7 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

I only used to fly them to see the pretty crew smile so I could get back into Thailand happy mood after a long absence.

Much better than the old angry dragons on Qantas ????

No need to fly their “national flag carrier” to see the pretty crew smiles. Try ThaiSmile on your next TH domestic (or whatever INT flights they will do again), lots of pretties there!

Edited by Nemises

3 hours ago, SomchaiCNX said:

FYI all those you mentioned (probably) still own money to THEIR customers, you only move from one scumbag to another. Do some research and you find it. A Dutch guy who is willing to pay more for less is a new thing for me. ???? 

I'm not dutch smart-ass.

Maybe they do owe money others but atleast they did nit rip ME off..

Also IMO the services provided by the ones mentioned is far superior.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

I've always been bemused by the term 'flag carrier'.

As an American we've never had a flag carrier, although maybe PanAm back in the day was the closest we got.

Flag carriers in my mind tend to suggest State enterprises, the likes of BOAC (British Airways), Lufthansa, Iberia, Air Canada etc, all long since now firmly in the private sector.

I thought the idea when the Thai Government decided to drop their majority stake in this turd of an airline was to also drop the idea of it being the 'flag' carrier.

The only flag Thai Airways should be carrying is a white one. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

777 - great aircraft.

787 - flown a few times but now avoid.  Too many reports (and documentaries) about dodgy build quality and bad / missing QC for my liking.

B787 much better than the B737 Max....I will seriously refuse to board if they ever did an aircraft swap on me (Thai didn't buy any thankfully)

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 1