Thailand steps up efforts to attract more expats

webfact

I'm guessing that if some expat multi-millionaire expat strangles a prostitute, chops her up, and uses his yacht to dump her remains out at sea, immigration will need to come up with a new slogan:

Rich Guys with issues OUT; Rich Guys without issues IN.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, herfiehandbag said:

Anyone from these 4 categories, considering coming to live here as an expatriate, (and therefore entrusting a significant proportion of their wealth to Thailand) will of course do some serious research into the country and those who run it.

10 minutes on Google should suffice...

that long?

• Haha 1

"offer foreigners 10 year visas, while at the same time easing the rules for property and land ownership"

Just those 2 would be enough to make me smile, and do away with the 90 day pulse check.  If not here, would inspire me to take a better look into coming to Thailand to retire.

For single people who would like own or to invest in RE, would be very appealing.  Not everyone has a Thai wife, and condos rely too much on the economy, tourism, and not the best buy & sell investment.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Fujionrye said:

I'm in Canada and, as of today, I can drive across the American border with proof of Vaccination and my passport. That's it. No Covid insurance, Covid test, foolish paper work, visa, or quarantine. With my Canadian passport, I can stay six months Go anywhere, stay anywhere and not report anything to anyone.

Would that also apply to Thai nationals?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, poskat said:

I was recruited for a job here 11 years ago as a category 4 person, with a work permit and have paid a good amount of tax each year.

I have not experienced anything that made my remaining here year to year easier, doing my 90-day report, and in fact the paperwork requirements have increased.

i do have to admit that showing a copy of my WP has resulted in my getting the thai price for entering some double priced places

I have never experienced an immigration officers saying that a slight error in the paperwork, or missing one out of 4 required signatures was not a problem, lets stamp your passport and work it out later.

In fact, an immig officer made a mistake one time, and when they realized it a few years later, said too bad, you need to do all this to fix it.

Same thing happened to me! When I moved to Bangkok from Khaolak, CW told me “they made a mistake in Phang Nga “. I asked how that was my problem but they just walked away. 20,000 baht later an agent “fixed” it!

I've been an expat living in Thailand first married, then working, for 11 years, and I'd like some laws that provide some sense of security with regards to immigration status and property rights, and that would allow me to actually spend my money...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just skimming the surface.

They should make it mandatory to have a lifetime membship at golf course, platnium card holder at go go bar and most importantly monthly direct debit of at least THB 50k to Army Benevelent fund.

• Like 1

The eco was not good the the Thai pass is keeping many people from coming here they’re crazy ideas of the wealthy coming here I don’t think will work I think the ex-pats that I’ve been here for the last five or 10 years should be able to get a 10 year or 15 year visa without going through all these hoops in spending all this money on this elite card package TIT

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fujionrye said:

I'm in Canada and, as of today, I can drive across the American border with proof of Vaccination and my passport. That's it. No Covid insurance, Covid test, foolish paper work, visa, or quarantine. With my Canadian passport, I can stay six months Go anywhere, stay anywhere and not report anything to anyone. So that's the competition Thailand. Go for it.

Congratulations!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, poskat said:

thats because they already know the answer, which they have been taught since elementary school, that thailand is the greatest place in the world and any foreigner here should feel overjoyed that they have been permitted to be here

You couldn't be more wrong. In over 20 years nearly all the Thais i have come across think the UK is the greatest place in the world.

After a few trips over there my wife came to realise how wrong she had been all these years. And as for the bureaucracy, if Thailand were the same there wouldn't be any TVF for whinging expats.

• Like 1

Hang on I got it 

Whinge whinge moan moan

Zero covid tests

Zero entry paper work

No waiting to find out if I may have inadvertently brought covid with me (not even 1 night it's too hard)

Open all the bars

Let me drink <deleted> 24/7

There thats the dinosaurs covered ????

Did I mention I can't go on holidays ANYWHERE without drinking? Phew. Sorted.

Edited by starky
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1