Number of vaccine doses administered in Thailand exceeds 80 million

snoop1130

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

More than 80 million doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered, placing Thailand at the 18th spot among countries and territories with the highest number of doses administered.

What would be that count, once Sinovac inoculations are isolated?

Given that sinovac recipients have to get other jabs, assume that is the valid number?

• Sad 1

My b/f and his cousin & cousin's g/f - all resident here in Surin - have just received free Pfizer jabs at Buriram stadium. First jab for my b/f & cousin's g/f, 3rd jab for cousin (after 2 work-related Sinovacs earlier in the year).

These were walk-ins, not appointments. And earlier in the year Buriram - one of the more progressive & energetic Isaan provinces - was giving Sinovac jabs only to locals. Now seems to be open slather.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

Yes, that low value that they are now recognised and accepted as entry into the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/travel-updatenew-guidance-for-people-vaccinated-under-who-emergency-use-listing-and-under-18s

Don't listen to all the xenophobic nonsense.

They may not be as efficient as some, but they do the job as can be seen by the big fall in numbers overall and in key areas where the vaccination rates are high. 

Yeah i just concerned at having to continually be re-vaccinated with mRNA vaccines. I'm a hold-out waiting for normal vaccine types to come to market which I've read should be in the next few months

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I just looked at the vaccination figures, 4.7 mil in the last week, 670.000 / day average. Surely at that pace we should be getting there soon!

It's a higher vaccination rate than the UK during their vaccination drive. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MichiganMarty said:

Yeah i just concerned at having to continually be re-vaccinated with mRNA vaccines. I'm a hold-out waiting for normal vaccine types to come to market which I've read should be in the next few months

Real infection after two doses gives good immunity....but we really dont know how long boosters may be required. Perhaps a few years. 

23 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Amazing job done by the people on the front line here carrying these numbers out when you consider the UK had the likes of the Army and all kinds of volunteer groups helping achieve their numbers. 

Yes.   We can all rightly criticise Thailand for being slow to begin vaccinations (although the reasons are much more complex than the anti-everythings on here would believe).  But since they started they have done incredibly well, outpacing the UK when it was at its peak, even hitting over a million doses a day on occasions.  Credit where it is due - very efficient, very well organised.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

Sorry, but that number is quite hard to believe.
But anyway, if this is the case, then why not just open all the bars, clubs and other entertainment venues?  

Because we all know the cases will rise dramatically and will instantly disprove everything they are saying!!

82,109,881 doses sounds more impressive, but only 41,798, 684 people have received 1 or more doses.

4,165,792 people have received only 1 jab  = 4,165,792 doses

34,955,587 people have received 2 jabs  = 69,911,174 doses

2,677,305 people have received 3  jabs = 8,032,915 doses

82,109,881 Total doses for 41,798,684 people (approx 58% of the population have 1 or more doses)

Still 29,000,000 who haven't received any vaccination.

2021-11-10_11-55-13.jpg

Edited by aguy30

2 hours ago, mjakob007 said:

What would be that count, once Sinovac inoculations are isolated?

Given that sinovac recipients have to get other jabs, assume that is the valid number?

Who says they have to get other jabs? Assume your valid number all you want 

4 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

When and where did she registered for Moderna. My wife registered with Vibhavadi Hospital and getting her shot tomorrow. I hope she will get her shot soon. Cheers. 

Thanks.

Udon Thani.  We missed the first LOT by 300 doses.

My friend gave my wife his Vibhavadi dose.  December 14th.

We're going to make it a little Holiday as its 9 hours by car.

Thats OK as we at least have an appointment.

Great for your wife and yourself.

A relief

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Tell me the science behind why they are "useless" when they clearly aren't.......other than latent racism against anything Chinese.  I'm all ears.

Far more people in Thailand received AZ than any other vaccine (by a long way).  I got it, my wife got, all my friends, all my staff got it.  My kids just got jabbed with Pfizer.

But if you're happy taking the risk of being unvaccinated for several months because of a pathetic fear based on nothing so be it.

Can't blame you.  Hopefully were all safe in the long run.

Be safe.

6 hours ago, Expat68 said:

They have really stepped it up in my small city in Issaan, the other day went to enquire about my yellow passport and it was packed full of Thais receiving their vaccine

My wife had her first dose today, I think they are getting there albeit slowly 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Just Google it.

So, can you help to say how it is roughly?  I assume that the Chinese population is treated by the Chinese vaccines  - if really treated.

But surprisingly, the figures of Covid in China are quite low, aren't they?  

16 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

70 million doses were Sinovac.

My wife was talking to the mother in law who works at the Dragon Market in Hua Hin, she stopped working a few days ago as two people collapsed, while working at their stall from covid.

That scarred her, so she has now had her first vaccine , first shot sino and the second will be Astra, that seems to be the way they are vaccinating Thai.

She is staying home now, and she said the owner of the market will not shut it down, as she will lose to much money, even though it now seems the market workers are infested with Delta.

So, if your shopping in Hua Hin a good place to avoid will be the markets as probably same will be happening, I know the fresh market was closed for spraying but might be open again now. 

1 hour ago, Saanim said:

So, can you help to say how it is roughly?  I assume that the Chinese population is treated by the Chinese vaccines  - if really treated.

But surprisingly, the figures of Covid in China are quite low, aren't they?  

No, there not.

The Chinese have admittedly said that these vaccines need improvement.

You need to make your own choice.

The Thais don't want the Chinese vaccines especially Sinovac.

Theres plenty, help yourself.

2 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

No, there not.

So somebody should have told it to Boris before he made his decision to accept Thai arrivals with Chinese vaccines...

9 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

No, there not.

So, no comparison of the vaccines?

And what are the actual figures in China?  Obviously wrong?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/china/

9 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Worthless.

Not true. That was initially rumoured, however as UK has just accepted it alongside AZ, Pfizer etc it may now be assumed to be OK. (Search for it if you don't believe me!)

UPDATE

I see @Kadilo has posted one link...here's another UK to add China's Sinovac, India's Covaxin to approved vaccine list

Edited by VBF
Add link
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, VBF said:

Not true. That was initially rumoured, however as UK has just accepted it alongside AZ, Pfizer etc it may now be assumed to be OK. (Search for it if you don't believe me!)

UPDATE

I see @Kadilo has posted one link...here's another UK to add China's Sinovac, India's Covaxin to approved vaccine list

I actually just read that today.

However there is still a reason so many people refused to take this vaccine, infact they chose to have nothing instead.... pls explain the reason for that?

9 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

However there is still a reason so many people refused to take this vaccine, infact they chose to have nothing instead.... pls explain the reason for that?

Racism, ignorance or paranoia mostly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I obviously don't KNOW other people's thought processes, but the rumours, which I assume you heard / read, were that the "Sino" vaccines, being Chinese were untrustworthy or useless based on the fact that "Covid came from China, therefore....." 

I know at least one Thai person who, along with her friends, believed the Chinese were out to kill them...same as some people believed that Bill Gates was out to inject a 5G chip into us all. That and the  fact that the "Sino" vaccines were not initially approved in the West.

I had my doubts about them, based simply on the fact that there were only bad stories told, no good ones.

So purely IMO that's why some people refused them.

38 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

They read and listen to too much rubbish in the media and places  such as this. 

No one is staying it is the best out there, far from it, but it does the job hence why the sharp fall in new cases/ deaths across the country and particularly in highly vaccinated areas. 

• Like 2