20k THB reward for people who report law breaking motorcyclists

webfact

2 hours ago, LALes said:

How about cracking down on the obnoxiously loud bikes with no mufflers.  Got to shout to be heard when one of them drives by.  Should be illegal.

38 minutes ago, PEE TEE said:

They are but the police do nothing just laugh

Exactly. When has the law actually meant anything? And in the same vein, this "crackdown will have a limited shelf life"; the standard is about 2 weeks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"20k THB reward for people who report law breaking motorcyclists"

That's not true, it's a very misleading title.

What the article actually reported is...

"...Those who reported could also have a chance to win a prize of up to 20,000 baht every month.  Prizes will be offered to clip owners to win up to 20,000 baht. About 10 prizes will be given away every month, totaling 50,000 baht,”

Oh! What a let down! For a minute, I thought I was going to be a millionaire!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Here's an idea, put up some CCTVs, instead of asking people to grass up others. 

Why not get a few thousand lazy cops of their @sses and let them do their job ,if they don't sack the lazy sods and get someone that Will do the job.

There aren't enough hours in the day to be doing this.

Does it include those with no lights; no helmets; having illegal sidecars attached; using the wrong side of the road; riding on pavements; texting and riding with 3 or more people to a bike? 

Please treat these questions as rhetorical, because we all know that no action will be taken.

• Like 1

The original plan was much better but seems to have stopped.

If anyone reported a motorcycle and the rider was fined 2000 baht the person who reported the offender received half the fine IE 1000 baht.

This new idea is just a lottery controlled by the police so not worth the bother

4 hours ago, Will B Good said:

This is pretty much endemic.

I would be more comfortable trying to win 20,000 baht for reporting arrogant Westerners not wearing masks.

Four Americans walked into our hotel lobby today....no masks.....the poor guy on the door asked them politely to put masks on. They just laughed at him.

Walked from soi 2 to soi 8 and saw another six farangs walking along no masks.

They should be shot. Imagine walking around outside with no mask. We’re they sent to a hospital and instantly put on a ventilator?   

• Sad 1

They have this in Taipei, Taiwan for years.  Along with reporting of illegal exhausts, dripping A.C.'s onto sidewalks and many many more things.  All anonymous and get a code when you call it in.  If the people were fined, you call back in 15 days and get something like 40% of the fine.  Has worked for years!!  Good luck....but again, TIT.

Edited by mushroomdave

This is laughable now they want everyone to be snitches for them so they can continue to sit in those A/C boxes playing with themselves.

Play on words " to you 20,000 "  first what is the point of reporting the police don't have a clue what the driving law are, except for drunk driving, speeding and no helmet.  I just witness an accident quietly eating a meal at a local shop looking out on the road watching what was going on. All of a sudden accident no one hurt seriously cop was nearby but a dispute who was in the wrong. Cop looks around see me eating comes up and ask you see the accident I nodded yes.  He ask who was at fault? I said the motorbike taxi, when the taxi guy heard he was jumping up like a monkey in heat the police asked why.

Reply based on the Thai law, the Honda came to a full stop before entering the intersection to make her right turn I noted she waited patiently and slow made her way out her vehicle had now taken 100% of the road of oncoming vehicles she was now in the right away she look left one last time to make sure she was cleared the motorbike taxi overtook the vehicle that allow for her to make the right turn that is illegal!  Over or undertaking isn't allow 200-300 meters from an intersection and if a vehicle stop for something that is a sign the motorbike felt he had the right away. The look on the cops face was just blank I had to draw out a picture for him but the lady of the Honda was really happy.

If they are serious about the money there is a road in Pattaya in the Darkside called Nernpludwan I could place cameras on the road I could make million of baht in a week if they actually pay out the amount they claim but how does one give up to 20,000 baht when the fines are 300-500 baht? The violation footage would be massive there current laws being broken hundreds of time within a hour the driving on this road alone is a great example with what is wrong with their driving and why thousand are dying each year!

If they are serious I change my extension O, to a work permit!????