So - how do you see climate change effects Thailand?

Thunglom

4 hours ago, Thunglom said:

with the melting in the poles there is already a lot more water in the atmosphere. Sothunderstroms come more frequent around the tropics - the problem is if you get too much water crops and soil wash away and other crops can be flooded or waterlogged blown down and lost. There is also a problem of shifting seasons which change insecurity behaviour and subsequent pollination.

things are not just singular regional events they are interconnected and there is likely to be a domino effect - 

What i say a lot of people don't want to hear who are concerned about the climate,in our location we are benefiting from this change.

Over population will never be addressed by society so it is what it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, since the sun actually controls the climate and not CO2 or Greenhouse gases all being attributed to mankind.

If and when Greenland shifts as is possible. Beaufort Gyre will release and ocean circulation will stop and or reverse.

N America got hammered last cycle; Thailand may take a hit this cycle but the cold will deep freeze Europe, North Asia and America/Canada. If Thailand escapes Salt Water Intrusion, it could very well beoneof the safest countries during this next cycle. I am hoping no major CME directly over Thailand when we face the sun and if there is instantaneous EMP from the sun am hoping it is no where near Thailand when it occurs. A sufficiently strong X class solar flare and or with long duration plasma could be just one more slap the earth will take during this coming cycle. Se' la vie!

Get your coffee while you can as it will be the first so called staple to go.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, 3NUMBAS said:

60 degrees is now common in the   middle east and drought so no/little  crops can be grown ,your gonna fry ,at 60 to 70 degrees

https://yaleclimateconnections.org/2021/07/death-valley-california-breaks-the-all-time-world-heat-record-for-the-second-year-in-a-row/

Death Valley, California, breaks the all-time world heat record for the second year in a row

If verified, the 130 degrees Fahrenheit (54.4°C) reading at the Furnace Creek Visitor's Center on Friday, July 9, 2021, would be Earth's highest reliably measured temperature.

9 hours ago, Thunglom said:

2 basic mistakes. 

Firstly things have changed and it is the concentration and frequency that has changed.

Sealevels are changing already. but the second part is that people expect a sudden change which is incorrect the change is exponential.

Exponential means slow in the beginning and extremely fast in the end. 

20 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

There will be no climate change in Thailand. The beloved and worldwide respected general will solve the problem next week.

I love the climate change if it turns out like the 2021 temps in Thailand. I think it was a pleasant year.

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

There will be no anthropological climate change.

Anthropological is a hard word to spell, so most people just leave it out.

Climate change is hardly an anthropological concept.

Acceleration is the second derivative of position and you are perfectly free to believe that modern day instrumentation is incapable of making such measurements.

You will be telling us next the world being round never had it's skeptics.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

The overwhelming majority of average joes think man made climate change is a load of old ----------s the climate of the world has constantly changed not so long ago you could hold fairs and skate on the river Thames,was that man made climate change? 

I doubt if anyone would dispute that change is a natural phenomena. What is a concern is the acceleration in the rate of change.

I grew up in the north of Scotland and as a child snow was a certainty, the only variable was duration. Now it is the exception as opposed to the rule.

That has come about over 3 to 4 decades and you may well consider nothing unusual in that.

If however the experts say that should have taken 3 to 4 centuries I know who I would be more inclined to believe.

I dont expect much change from how climate has always slightly changed in periodes during centuries and millenniums. We are heading towards a little warmer period after a colder dip some hundred years ago, just like the climate was heading toward a little warmer period in Medieval ages, and before that in the Roman era.

Don't forget that Greenland was called "green land" for a reason, the Vikings that settled up there could grow crops.

One major problem is that many more people have settled in low level areas during the past few hundred years - the coastal populations have for example increased many-fold compared with the overall population increase - and that might of course create flooding of living-hood and homes for relative more people than in earlier times.

• Sad 1

The rich will get richer and the poor about the same. Thailand has had extreme weather in the past and will do so in the future; same with the rest of the world. World worked fine when there were only 4 billion people, it can do so again.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, toolpush said:

Even if the North Pole sea ice all melted, it would not change sea levels one millimeter. Ice floating on water displaces exactly the same amount of water if melted.

Which is why pipes never burst when it freezes and why icebergs never float....

Check not the displacement but the volume.

• Like 1