Swiss man high on drugs arrested after going berserk at Koh Chang homestay

webfact

4 hours ago, Denim said:

Going berserk ..................... present continuous tense.

went beserk ................. past tense.

Looks like he went berserk a long long time ago.

But it begs the question does he have an alibi or indeed, an excuse for his alleged berserkness, or should I say, his state of being or going berserk, present continuous tenses exempted.  English can be so wonderfully concise or devilishly imprecise in usage, it just depends on whether one is aware of parsing in the use of syntax. On that matter I claim not to be an expert.

An alibi is a special kind of excuse and to use it for "excuse" is to introduce ambiguity, and to diminish precision. If a man says, "I have an alibi ", one does not now know whether he means that he has an excuse or that he was elsewhere when the act attributed to him took place.

Other examples of ambiguous English are the use of "anticipate" to mean "expect"; of "disinterested" to mean "uninterested" and a more recent neologism of this kind is the use of "hopefully" to mean "hope". To say, "I am hopefully going to Timbuctoo", used to mean, quite certainly, "I am going to Timbuctoo in a spirit of hope". Now it can also mean "I hope I am going to Timbuctoo".

Mayhap this Swiss gentleman now wishes he holidayed in Timbuctoo, and hopefully so.

Just now, malibukid said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You have an odd opinion of Switzerland.  You don't understand the meaning of that phrase you like to throw around so much, "Fourth World", either.

i usually do not encounter these types in Monaco.  seems that Thailand attracts more than its fair share of uneducated low life's fyi, my father was born in Zurich and is a prominent eye surgeon in L.A. 

"...my father was born in Zurich and is a prominent eye surgeon in L.A". 

Er, so?

"seems that Thailand attracts more than its fair share of uneducated low life's".

You say that but you don't know what "fourth world" means (meant)!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

Marijuana LEAF is legal now but not the buds (f/m flowers).  Lots of leaf on Lazada for sale.

No it would have been the meth that set him off.  Police found it in his system.  They dont call it yaa ba (crazy drug) for nothing. 

Yes ice and yaba can send you mental but if he also smoked marijuana it should have calmed him down i presume.

They should tests what they found and see what it is and what it laced with, it is possible it was laced with some <deleted>

Yes, his appearance is off, but  it does not mean every guy covered in ink is a nutcase 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kentrot said:

What kind of self loathing makes a person put that much 'graffiti' all over themselves.

He's the Where's Waldo of tattoos, the one on his right hand says it all.

Tatman.jpg

7 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

No mention in either the Daily News or Asean Now article as to whether he was a "tourist" rather than a long time expat. Either way, I suspect there will be more cases like this as "crazy" tourists arrive under relaxed entry rules. So much for the "quality tourists" desired by the Thai government.

Thailand has long had an attraction to the bottom of the barrel as the general lack of self-discipline needed to live here appeals to them. They can get away with a lot and don't have to try very hard to fit in with civilised society. AseanNow members excepted, of course. But there is a limit, of course, as Tattoo Man has discovered.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:
8 hours ago, webfact said:

A stash of marijuana weighing 29.79 grams was found hidden in a dental floss box.

He admitted buying the drugs for 500 baht.

An ounce for 500bht is a bit of a bargain .......... that would cost $200 in the USA.

Possibly why he's here. No doubt it costs even more in Switzerland. Kind of relates with my comment above.

He's got 'winner' written all over him  - one of those tattoos must say that on the law of averages

58 years old and still being a complete  idiot and terrifying those in that homestay no doubt

Unfortunate that this moron will be all over the Thai press and not the decent and respectful visitors from many countries that obviously don't get the headlines

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

What a lovely looking lad, a picture of a model tourists...Thailand need more affluent tourists like this guy...

Yes such a highly decorated, um, am searching for words here, I dont think quality tourist fits