Swiss man high on drugs arrested after going berserk at Koh Chang homestay

webfact

6 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Smoking weed can cause long term mental problems , psychosis and other things 

weed comes way down the list when it comes to causing mental problems..

Alcoholism

Methamphetemines

Covid 19

Bitchy wife/girlfriend

Lousy job/ jerk boss

Crappy life

Not enough money..

I think you can see where I'm going with this..

But this guy probably ticks every box except the job/boss.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Sadly, too many arrive here with this description 

Sadly too, they are the lurid headline that gets shared, whereas the masses of decent travellers obviously barely get a mention.

Seen this type all over but I guess in Thailand, smashing a room up gets national coverage whereas in many countries, it's only the murders or very violent attacks etc., that get in the headlines.

He probably would have been less infamous had he done that in Pattaya  : )

17 minutes ago, Oblomov said:

Sadly too, they are the lurid headline that gets shared, whereas the masses of decent travellers obviously barely get a mention.

Seen this type all over but I guess in Thailand, smashing a room up gets national coverage whereas in many countries, it's only the murders or very violent attacks etc., that get in the headlines.

He probably would have been less infamous had he done that in Pattaya  : )

Right. The other decent traveller never got a mention,????

10 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

No mention in either the Daily News or Asean Now article as to whether he was a "tourist" rather than a long time expat.

Must be a long time tourist o4 refugee ( all expats are refugee for my definition). A new tourist will have difficulty in finding weed in an unknown place unless Nigerians are active in Sukhumvit again. 

Edited by CartagenaWarlock

10 hours ago, RafPinto said:

Swiss nationals are usually well behaved and I have never seen a swiss person, looking like that.

Is he swiss or did they need something "swiss" after the health minister's stunt?

Indeed. My dear Swiss grandfather who wore a white dress shirt, slacks and Bally shoes every day of his adult life would be rolling in his grave if he knew there were fellow countrymen like this chap.

12 hours ago, webfact said:

A stash of marijuana weighing 29.79 grams was found hidden in a dental floss box.

No way does weed make people do that - complete tosh!  They might have found it but that's not what made him smash up his room - try testing him for Yabaa.

'Further tests at Koh Chang Hospital confirmed the presence of marijuana and methamphetamine in the man's system' - now that's more like it!

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Obviously the methamphetamines causing the problems, the marijuana would normally make him relaxed .....

Maybe if he is someone who can handle marijuana yeah, but if he already had mental issues and it didn't agree with him it could have caused him to freak out. Especially if it is strong.

• Confused 1

If you have an existing mental problem like Schizophrenia then pot may exacerbate the problem. I knew a bloke who would go incoherent, mumble to himself and get wound up after a few cones, but when he did a line of speed would calm down and even fall asleep. this was in the late 80's early 90's

13 hours ago, ezzra said:

What a lovely looking lad, a picture of a model tourists...Thailand need more affluent tourists like this guy...

Disturbing.

The tattoos are a red flag.

If it was my home stay I'd just say we are fully booked.

14 minutes ago, bunnydrops said:

Locally $300 a lb. My wife has just trimmed legally about 10 lbs. She gets $100 a lb for her work.

I guess I should add its harvest time in Oregon where it is legal to grow 6 plants each. There isn't much of a retail market here for the stuff. It was claimed that last year there was more grown in the state than could be smoked in 6 years. (your mileage may differ)