Khao San Rd: Foreigners must take 100 baht swab tests if vax is old - ambulance on standby to take them away if positive

webfact

I guess many people will be avoiding the KSR area.  Good thing it is in an area where most tourists

do not go to unless they want to.  Oh by the way, the expiry date on your COVID certificate, is the expiry date of the vial

if it is not used, by that date the vial is disposed of,  It has nothing to do with the length of time the vaccine is actually effective for.                                                          Go ask the Doctor next time you go to one.  This story just shows how some people have reacted to COVID. Some people are touchy these days,

and other people are touched. Wink, wink. nudge, nudge.

Geezer

16 hours ago, Brigante7 said:

It's people like you who keep this nonsense going, stop believing the lies & propaganda from fascist governments. Until EVERYBODY stands together then this rubbish will continue. Why would you get a booster for a "vaccine" that clearly doesn't work?

Brigante7

U mad bro?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

This will go the way of interprovincial checkpoints last summer. 

I've driven around the country during C19 the past 18 months and never had to stop at any inter-province check point.  Probably passed through 40 provinces.  All daytime driving. 

Other's experience may differ.

Did the NE a couple times, then over to the N twice, down to Krung Thep, to Kanchanaburi, went S down to Phatthalung, over to Andaman Sea side, back up via Ranong and via Surat Thani & Krabi a few times, and never 1 check point.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, aBigSmile said:

Their chances are identical. The vaccines don't stop transmissions nor prevent infections -- no brand exempt. What is claimed they do -- by the pharmaceutical companies and the overseeing agencies alike -- is to reduce Covid-19 symptoms. 

Wait.... You're saying that someone who has been tested negative by PCR 48 hours prior has the same chance of having covid and being infectious as a Thai person who has never been tested by PCR?  I'm sorry but that makes no sense.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, aBigSmile said:

Their chances are identical. The vaccines don't stop transmissions nor prevent infections -- no brand exempt. What is claimed they do -- by the pharmaceutical companies and the overseeing agencies alike -- is to reduce Covid-19 symptoms. 

Completely false. 

It's kind of like saying that birth control pills don't prevent pregnancy became 1 out 1000 times they don't. 

What I want to know is what is the source of your misinformation? 

• Like 1

On 11/15/2021 at 9:16 AM, ozfarang said:

Hope all the 'dirty farang' who have satisfied all the requirements to enter Thailand boycott KSR and spend their money elsewhere 

"the traders' association at Khao San Road were adopting their own measures to fulfil the requirements of the latest Covid protocols called "Thai Stop Covid Plus". " So these people know better than the MOPH 5555 ????

The unelected PM must know about this, so why is he not stopping it? Silly question.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Who walks around with their vaccine certificate? 

Everyone who thinks they need one and would actually visit a place requiring one.  I believe it's on their phone for most, though I may be wrong.

• Like 2

On 11/15/2021 at 9:25 AM, matchar said:

So what kind of dubious ATK test kits are they using and how many false positives will there be? I expect they will get a nice commission from the private hospitals in the event anyone tests positive.

There is also a nice fat profit margin from the ATK tests that probably cost them 40 baht or less.

"I expect they will get a nice commission from the private hospitals". and then the brown envelopes will start moving in a certain direction.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2021 at 9:03 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Seems to me that AN has become a real laugh a minute forum. Every time I read it something even more ridiculous has been reported.

Never mind, we all need to laugh about something these gloomy days.

Warning:

in the future they will collect 200 Baht if you are laughing or taking photos in the Khao-San-Road.

• Haha 2

On 11/15/2021 at 9:33 AM, NativeBob said:

"The traders' association at Khao San Road" on what ground this association functions? They can't stop/detain/perform tests just like that, unless they represent some authority.

Mass illiteracy of even basic laws is frightening, even adults act like village idiots.

Also SHA+ and TSC+ are another obvious way of corruption: selling licenses to venues with licenses is unbelievable!

"Mass illiteracy of even basic laws is frightening, even adults act like village idiots." Thailand does not have a low IQ for nothing.

• Haha 1