Phuket student loses hair after Sinovac jab

webfact

1637208184_1-org.jpg

Mr Bodin’s hair has yet to grow back after receiving his second Sinovac injection on July 16. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

By Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: A 19-year-old student in Phuket has gone public to explain his hair falling out in clumps after he received his second injection of the Sinovac vaccine.

The diagnosis was confirmed by a doctor, Bodin Saeliang, a first-year vocational school student in Phuket, told reporters at his rented room in Chalong yesterday (Nov 17).

Mr Bodin explained that his family lives in Tambon Phru Nai, in Koh Yao District, Phang Nga, but he stays in Phuket to study.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-student-loses-hair-after-sinovac-jab-82078.php

pkt..jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-11-18

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

I had a spot of alopecia many years ago about the size of a large coin on the back of my head, it was round and probably about 2.5 inches / 6cm in diameter.

It remained for about a year before slowly growing back and returning completely to normal after about 2 years.

Pretty weird, no apparent cause whatsoever. I didn't even know it was there until the barber mentioned it during a haircut.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

In Thailand it's common for men to shave their head when close relative dies.

Not to mention monkhood.

I have no hair and can attest to often being told I am very hansum man so the bald n hot conenction seems totally true in my case hahahaha ☺️☺️☺️

Hi guys,

After the first dose of Sinopharm my wife's cousin could not breathe, felt some pain in chests and went to a government hospital. The doctor diagnosed him with depression. Then he visited a private clinic to ask for a second opinion and there they also said it was due to depression. This all happened more than a month ago.

I talked with him and asked if he had ever had this problem and he responded negatively. I have known him for 6 years. He is a 20 years old guy whose regular job was selling shrimps in a night market. Actually, he started experiencing these issues right after the vaccine when he was selling shrimps in late afternoon so he went to the hospital right away. He was just a normal person who sometimes visited our family gatherings and never had any health issues.

Due to this issue he had to stop working and is just at home feeling sick all the time. He cannot normally breathe, when he stands up, he starts feeling tired and goes to the bed again. Also he feels a pain in the chest.

The family does not look for a way to get this properly reported so that at least he can get some compensation from the government. I say to my wife to push them to take him to a doctor and to take these previous two results but she says she cannot do that (I am ready to contribute for the medical bill). His family sent him to spend 30 days as a monk in a temple hoping it would help.

It is really a shame for a young life to be ruined like this and no one to be taken responsible for it.

Does anyone know where we could report this case or what could be done in order to bring this forward because he is young and life is in front of him?

Thank you in advance,

Cosmo

Edited by WebGuy
First dose of Sinopharm but not second of Sinovac

Temporarily losing hair is much better than having your leg amputated. Hair can grow back most of the time.

There was a young Thai girl who got blood clots in her leg and has to be amputated after taking AZ as reported in the press. Sadly, she is no more.

Edited by EricTh
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, WebGuy said:

Hi guys,

After the second dose of Sinovac my wife's cousin could not breathe, felt some pain in chests and went to a government hospital. The doctor diagnosed him with depression. Then he visited a private clinic to ask for a second opinion and there they also said it was due to depression.

Are you sure it is Sinovac? Because the standard formula was first dose Sinovac and second dose Astrazeneca. 

Recently, they have changed the formula to AZ + Pfizer.

Perhaps you might show us his/her vaccine cert online (with name blanked out) to verify which vaccine she/he took.

Edited by EricTh

1 minute ago, EricTh said:

Are you sure it is Sinovac? Because the standard formula was first dose Sinovac and second dose Astrazeneca. 

Recently, they have changed the formula to AZ + Pfizer.

Perhaps you might show us his/her vaccine cert online (with name blanked out) to verify which vaccine she/he took.

I have just double checked with my wife. He actually received only the first dose of Sinopharm and that's when this happened. It's been for a more than a month ago now. I will edit my post.

3 hours ago, ukrules said:

I had a spot of alopecia many years ago about the size of a large coin on the back of my head, it was round and probably about 2.5 inches / 6cm in diameter.

It remained for about a year before slowly growing back and returning completely to normal after about 2 years.

Pretty weird, no apparent cause whatsoever. I didn't even know it was there until the barber mentioned it during a haircut.

Alopecia areata. Not common but recognized and considered to be an autoimmune issue.

23 minutes ago, WebGuy said:

I have just double checked with my wife. He actually received only the first dose of Sinopharm and that's when this happened. It's been for a more than a month ago now. I will edit my post.

Sinopharm is not the same as Sinovac. I suggest you post his vax cert for us to verify what he took.

1 hour ago, Nojohndoe said:

Alopecia areata. Not common but recognized and considered to be an autoimmune issue.

Yes, a bit weird, happened once and didn't come back. Probably just a side effect from some virus I'd had or something like that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

They probably actually shaved their head to be a monk for a while for their deceased relative.

My two BIL shaved their heads for the funeral of my FIL .

No time to be monk, harvest time.

Edited by PoorSucker

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

Temporarily losing hair is much better than having your leg amputated. Hair can grow back most of the time.

There was a young Thai girl who got blood clots in her leg and has to be amputated after taking AZ as reported in the press. Sadly, she is no more.

Was it AZ?

On 11/18/2021 at 3:48 PM, hotchilli said:

I think the post is quite clear as to the cause.

its said in jest, in relation to the absurd stuff coming from the MSM recently
maybe you dont keep up with the times as much as they rest of us.

Edited by patman30