Man banned from all-you-can-eat BBQ for eating too much ... please stay away

steven100

Personally I like buffets and I like to eat a lot at those buffets. And I was never banned.

What is a realistic amount to eat? Personally I think 1kg is already a lot and I would bet that 95% of guest at buffets eat less than that.

Why should an owner accept if someone eats 1.5 up to 4kg?

And please don't tell me eating 3.5 to 4kg of prawns is fun. It must be disgusting to do that.

So who is doing that? Probably just some crazy want to be influencers. And I guess the first thing what they do after that meal is to vomit. That must be real fun.

Wouldn't it be nice if all those pathetic want to be influencers would get a real job?

• Like 1

Many years ago I went to one of those "All you can eat" buffets in Florida (doing the Disney thing).I temember being amazed at just how much food was there ! Really enjoyed it, and I think your average person would fill their plate and may be when done go up once more for something particularly nice etc.

However, these people that just pile their plate to ridiculous amounts are just taking the P*¥s in my book. The quantity mentioned in the OP is just obscene and the owner had every right to stop it.

That amount is not "fair and reasonable" by anyones standards.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Personally I like buffets and I like to eat a lot at those buffets. And I was never banned.

What is a realistic amount to eat? Personally I think 1kg is already a lot and I would bet that 95% of guest at buffets eat less than that.

I don't eat all that much.

Buffets just aren't worthwhile for me.

• Like 2

In the late 90's I worked with a portly guy that came to work one day bad mouthing the all you can eat buffet near us.  After a few questions it turned out he sat there for several hours grazing on the food and after 4 hours was asked to leave. Now when I see buffet places with a 90 minute time limit, I think of him ????

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And please don't tell me eating 3.5 to 4kg of prawns is fun. It must be disgusting to do that.

So who is doing that? Probably just some crazy want to be influencers. And I guess the first thing what they do after that meal is to vomit. That must be real fun.

Wouldn't it be nice if all those pathetic want to be influencers would get a real job?

Tell that to Sonya "The Black Widow" Thomas, winner of the Hooters World Wing-Eating Championship with 140 chicken wings!

In a lot of Oz shopping Centers --Food court, someone  (usually Chinese food) have as much as you can put on your plate. (once_

I used to have my coffee brake quite near &  were some seriously creative people out there-- Forget the rice, they build a wall (like a corral) as high as possible around the edge of the plate with spring rolls , Sometimes braking some in half so not to lose any area of the plate, when filled its usually all held in place by placing Omelets on top, then the very slow walk / balance back to their table.....

image.png.78ea0a1d3ecf0a745816be8c24606058.png

Edited by sanuk711

I stopped in a shopping mall and watched young high school age - college age students in Bangkok eating fixed price "All You Can Eat Pizza 4:30 PM -7:00 PM".  They scraped off the topping, ate only that, and had high stacks of crust left over.   I don't know if there was a suitable manager there or just the hourly staff.  I didn't see that particular special again. 

Edited by mojaco
Clarity
  • Sad 1

On 11/19/2021 at 12:59 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

All you can eat means that. False advertising if not. Should be eat up to 1kg of food, if fatter boombah not welcome!