Honda ADV 350 - First Picture ...

properperson

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Found one ADV off road video, impressed ????

Looks a little squirrely.  I tried something like that in a gravel lot on a GT750 Suzuki "water buffalo".  Goosed the throttle and when the power came up, the rear tire started spinning and it wanted to go sideways.  Very quickly got off the throttle but it took a second for it to stop spinning because of the inertia.  It was a customer's bike and I was lucky I didn't dump it.  That bike weighed at least 230 kg vs. my 52 kg.

A street bike might be more agile.

tricks ani.gif

Edited by Damrongsak

I wonder how is the windshield on this on high position compared to Forza 350...!? 

I'm not a big fan of electric case on Forza (can fail and also I have seen it wobble a bit sometimes) but it is quite high and gives good protection on highway speeds, we have to wait and see the feedback for this one...

6 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Shame the seat is so high, rules out anyone under 6 foot.

? I know very short people riding the 750, and in fact perfect for shorter people. 

What is the seat hight?

795 mm, and being a scoot, perfect.

My gf is 163cm and ride CB500x 810mm seat hight

Edited by Hummin

Yesterday I went to Mityon in Pattaya (corner Pattaya Tai / 3rd Road), the height of the bike might be an issue for my wife, she is 1m56.

I would like to change my old PCX 150 to a new PCX 160 (available now, you have to book and wait 2-3 weeks) or a ADV 350 (available in april).

Is it worth to wait for 1 month to test the height of the ADV 350 for my wife or not ?

Or could she give a  try now with another model ? For instance try to ride a Forza or a T-Max ? What bike has a similar size ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think a Xmax or Forza or ADV350 will be too big and heavy for your wife ..., although probably okay for you.

I have old model Forza and pushing this thing back and forth in the parking lot it's a bit of a challenge even for me...

I recommend a ADV150 or Nmax or PCX... , maybe easier to handle...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Yes i can't understand Honda's policy. It is clearly not an off road bike and for 180k the Forza is a much better bet.

It is an great bike on dirt roads, but off road no, or to bumpy roads either. The size of the wheels, the weight and ground clearence says why offroad is not recomended.. 15” front, 16” back and ground clearence only 145mm. 

But a cool around the town bike, and also capable to go touring, but not for me. 

You get a decent 2019 Honda cb500x, rigged for touring with low milage for same price in comparison. 

If it is not for touring, but just around the town, Im more than happy to use a PCX. The best city bike in my opinion, if you go for a Honda. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1

On 3/22/2022 at 9:30 AM, Henryford said:

Yes i can't understand Honda's policy.

It is clearly not an off road bike and for 180k the Forza is a much better bet.

Honda is exploiting the current "adventure-bike" cachet.

ADV

It's working.

5 5

For off-road the 42k Wave is a much better bet.

• Like 2

I also don't see this ADV350 much different from Forza 350, just a bit better shocks and different display (in fact I prefer Forza display anyway and shocks can be replaced if needed) . So we have to wait and see if it really handles much better than Forza, how is the wind and rain protection, seating position and legroom etc. , to see if really any better...

Although some people are already sold on ADV badge and are cash in hand waiting...! (my friend included - he thinks Forza is for old men..., and I bet he thinks this ADV makes him younger...!!!? lol ????)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Agusts said:

I also don't see this ADV350 much different from Forza 350, just a bit better shocks and different display (in fact I prefer Forza display anyway and shocks can be replaced if needed) . So we have to wait and see if it really handles much better than Forza, how is the wind and rain protection, seating position and legroom etc. , to see if really any better...

It's a ’scooter’ I don’t think the handling is one of its most important traits.

19 minutes ago, Agusts said:

Although some people are already sold on ADV badge and are cash in hand waiting...! (my friend included - he thinks Forza is for old men..., and I bet he thinks this ADV makes him younger...!!!? lol ????)

Haha - exactly this... It definitely seems targeted towards the less geriatric of riders and I am of a similar opinion to your friend. For whatever reasons the Forza just doesn’t cut it for me. 

I’m stepping down from a motorcycle (well kind-of), I rode the ADV-150 and liked it but it needed more grunt...  that pretty much had me sold on the ADV350.... 

Why the rush?

ADV350 and Forza 350 have the same power output, the ADV350 seat is higher and wider, the windscreen is smaller and, according to some sources the ADV350 is 3-4 kg heavier.

The only benefits I could see are the fork and the shock absorbers...

But, we're talking about a scooter not a superbike, and, ultimately, a fork can be improved and shock absorbers can be changed (by a trip to YSS HQ for example)...

At the end of the day, by Summer 2022 there will be plenty of Honda ADV350 available for sale in the showrooms.

Just my 2 cents

On 3/23/2022 at 12:45 AM, papa al said:

Honda is exploiting the current "adventure-bike" cachet.

ADV

It's working.

5 5

For off-road the 42k Wave is a much better bet.

The Honda Tsunami Wave is mo bettah still.

No photo description available.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, papa al said:
9 hours ago, Hummin said:

Nobody went to the Motorshow yet in BKK? 

Yes it was a very strange situation.

They put on the show but no one came.

It wasn’t as busy as previous years (for obvious reasons), but still quite busy (perhaps 60% of previous years). 

The ADV350 was fully booked (Honda were taking no further bookings) - Some dealerships taking bookings, can’t say when, others say May, others say no quota. 

Being - ADV specific (as this is an ADV 350 thread), there was a chance to look at the bike, sit on it etc, it's larger than I expected and has a ‘fat <deleted>’ like the Forza and other maxi scooters - no real surprises... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

It wasn’t as busy as previous years (for obvious reasons), but still quite busy (perhaps 60% of previous years). 

The ADV350 was fully booked (Honda were taking no further bookings) - Some dealerships taking bookings, can’t say when, others say May, others say no quota. 

Being - ADV specific (as this is an ADV 350 thread), there was a chance to look at the bike, sit on it etc, it's larger than I expected and has a ‘fat <deleted>’ like the Forza and other maxi scooters - no real surprises... 

A friend of me went there, and really not his segment of bikes, but still a good bike for short trips and small adventure touring he says. City bike alike BKK, he would prefer a smaller bike.

He drives a 1000cc sportstourer and as said not his segment.

Fine for touring paved roads

and rough parking lots.

Anything more adventurous that that ...

not so much.

Well, if one was an expert dirt bike rider,

might be able to pull some antics.

Would be cool to see.

& yes;

not as ugly as Forza.

Edited by papa al