Thai immigration online 90 day reporting system

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Checked mine today after seeing your report. Mine from Aug. 8 still shows as "pending."

Finally got my confirmation acceptance from BKK CW late this afternoon by email.

Turnaround time from submission ended up being 6 business days -- which is double what my last two online reports were.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TheLaughingMan said:

Yes Im aware of this but if you are not aware Pattaya has its own set of rules, which can be both good and bad.

Pattaya can not change fixed laws - as such fines are.  And the immigration office is not in Pattaya but Jomtien.

• Like 1

Submitted my 90 day report on line:
09 August and same date received:

"Pending" etc., from  CW immigration.

Actual date to report:

23 August.

Still awaiting. Assume I not hear by 23 August. Can I wait  another 7 days( (to 30 August) before i need to actually go to immigration to do it in person without the risk of being fined?

Or wait until the pending decision is made even if beyond 30 August?

Appreciate any input.

Edited by zombie nights

1 hour ago, zombie nights said:

Submitted my 90 day report on line:
09 August and same date received:

"Pending" etc., from  CW immigration.

Actual date to report:

23 August.

Still awaiting. Assume I not hear by 23 August. Can I wait  another 7 days( (to 30 August) before i need to actually go to immigration to do it in person without the risk of being fined?

Or wait until the pending decision is made even if beyond 30 August?

Appreciate any input.

I submitted mine online a day before yours, and got my confirmation back via email yesterday afternoon from BKK CW, fyi.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

19 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

Sounds a bit technical to me im flying in on Nov 29 till end of feb is this worthwhile for me or and can i set it up before i leave the UK. 

90 day report is for those on extensions of stay - not 90 or less visa entry.

Hi

I did my 90 day online last Saturday 12th! got message received ok after sent!

still pending after 1 week! (updated TM30) no excuse to reject  it hopefully on that?

Still waiting!!! used to take 2/3 days? before!!

whats going on at CW?

????

I applied about noon on the first day, after which it was pending. I waited as long as possible until 1 PM on the due date, then to avoid the 2000 baht fine i set off for chaengwattana. At 5:07 PM while still waiting in the queue my application from 15+ days ago was approved. 

A Thai person there had been pending for 11 days. They spoke with the staff about their case but the staff just had them fill out a new paper. 

Everyone was being asked for their tm30. I hadn't traveled in 4 months since my last tm30 online but at 4 pm I submitted a new extra one online just in case. 

17 hours ago, landosmiles said:

Everyone was being asked for their tm30. I hadn't traveled in 4 months since my last tm30 online but at 4 pm I submitted a new extra one online just in case. 

Are you sure that everyone was being asked? (I had exactly the same experience: I filed my TM 47 14 days before the 90 since I flew in, on day 91 thinking grace period I went to CW and while waiting for my queue number Approval came on my phone.) I rent a condo, & it's my understanding that the TM30 is not my job; maybe your situation is different. I got my rental agent (absentee owner in this case) to give me a fresh extended copy of my lease in case I was asked, but in the event I didn't have to see an officer.

My agent says she never has filed a TM30 and never will; is it just that enforcement is random? Anyone? I'd like to know what to say if it comes up at renewal time around November.

A rant: we don't get 90 days before our next report day, it can be more like 75 days based on submission of the TM 47, which is stupid. And also stupid is requiring us to toe the line and do certain things when they don't do their job in a timely manner.

22 hours ago, landosmiles said:

...Everyone was being asked for their tm30...

That's what boggles my mind. When a TM.30 has been filed notifying the arrival of a foreigner and this foreigner subsequently needs a service from an immigration office, the official asks for proof that the notification was made.

Why is this necessary? Are these notifications not registered in a database and do immigration officials who need to verify that a notification has been made not have access to this database?

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Maestro said:

Why is this necessary? Are these notifications not registered in a database

From the fact they could not determine my method of extension of stay at CW for the previous year without obtaining the physical papers tends to indicate they might not be.  

On 4/21/2023 at 6:01 AM, ExpatOilWorker said:

Working fine???? ???? ???? ???? 

Your application for "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" has been rejected.

For the last year it works perfect.

On 8/19/2023 at 7:31 AM, Martinpeter said:

Hi

I did my 90 day online last Saturday 12th! got message received ok after sent!

still pending after 1 week! (updated TM30) no excuse to reject  it hopefully on that?

Still waiting!!! used to take 2/3 days? before!!

whats going on at CW?

????

Hurray - finally came through approved after 12 days! (why so slow) normally 2/3 days approved, hang in there! wait! nearly went to CW trip! i did update my TM30 also a few days ago

cheers

• Confused 1

On 8/22/2023 at 11:00 AM, Enzian said:

Are you sure that everyone was being asked?

I could only hear some conversations, but I heard multiple people being told to go to a different counter to do a TM30, including one or two people who said they owned their condo.

For the next part I could only hear 60% of it, but I believe at least one other person said they had filed their TM30 electronically and they were asked to show it on their device.

Separately, interesting that many people seem to be getting approved after 15 days pending.

As far as whether there is a 7 day grace period on top of the 90 days, the official document mentions that it can be submitted within that period. However, the multiple references to having to pay a fine only mention 90 days. https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=1666

"If a foreigner staying in the kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau or notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period, a fine of 2,000.- Baht will be collected."

• Thanks 1

I start wondering if the reported increase in "last minute replies" from CW is just a new ploy to "force" more and more of us to visit in person, offering the guys there the opportunity to come up with new demands like "updated TM30" etc etc only to impose fines.

Anyway, submitted online on Aug 16 and still pending. With me going on a trip second half of this week I will have to visit CW in case the approval does not come through by Wed morning. Still hoping for a miracle here, though. 

Edited by DUS
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, DUS said:

...Anyway, submitted online on Aug 16 and still pending. With me going on a trip second half of this week I will have to visit CW in case the approval does not come through by Wed morning. Still hoping for a miracle here, though. 

Why would you have to go to the immigration office before "going on a trip"?

You submitted your notification of staying longer than 90 days and therefore have complied with this legal requirement. If the immigration office has some internal procedure that requires them to send you an "approval" of I don't know what and does not send you this "approval", this is nothing to do with you.

6 hours ago, Maestro said:

Why would you have to go to the immigration office before "going on a trip"?

You submitted your notification of staying longer than 90 days and therefore have complied with this legal requirement. If the immigration office has some internal procedure that requires them to send you an "approval" of I don't know what and does not send you this "approval", this is nothing to do with you.

What if it is not approved , and If he did not return from his trip for a couple of weeks then wouldn't he be liable to a fine ?

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, NE1 said:

What if it is not approved , and If he did not return from his trip for a couple of weeks then wouldn't he be liable to a fine ?

He might not be charged if can show trip and that reported soon after return and his receipt of rejection.  If fine it is 2,000 baht.

But the chance of rejection is so low (if have done before and use site to enter previous information) as to make the risk very slight.  We read about rejections - most people have no issues with current system.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

He might not be charged if can show trip and that reported soon after return and his receipt of rejection.  If fine it is 2,000 baht.

But the chance of rejection is so low (if have done before and use site to enter previous information) as to make the risk very slight.  We read about rejections - most people have no issues with current system.

You might be right, you might not be. As someone who prefers to play it safe I don't like the "might not be fined" and "chance of rejection is low" game of probabilities, so I will head down to CW tomorrow unless the approval email finds its way into my inbox before leaving home.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, DUS said:

You might be right, you might not be. As someone who prefers to play it safe I don't like the "might not be fined" and "chance of rejection is low" game of probabilities, so I will head down to CW tomorrow unless the approval email finds its way into my inbox before leaving home.

Well my last was received on the 22nd after a 16 day wait so it has been taking a long time for approvals this month.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, DUS said:

I would suggest that you don't just rely on an email notification. Check the website also before you leave.

27 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I would suggest that you don't just rely on an email notification. Check the website also before you leave.

I certainly will check online as well. So far, it is still shown as "pending".

I filed my 90 day report online (Bangkok CW) a week ago, still "pending." How long should I wait before using agent; its due this week. I used Bumrungrad International Business Centre if online doesn't work; I don't want to attend CW.