Thai immigration online 90 day reporting system

For me, at CW last Thursday, no, these were separate transactions at separate desks, accomplished within ~ 40 minutes with appointments for both, ext stay/ret at 09:30, 90-day at 10:15. I was serviced early for both appointments.

I did not ask the desk L1-35 IO who processed my TM.7/Ext Stay-Ret, if she would process my 90-day report which was due that day. Once my passport was returned I just went to Counter 4, then desk B66, to file my TM.47/90-Day Report.

In the past there was one year some of us had a new 90-day report out of cycle requested/processed in the Desk L area, but that was a brief unexplained anomaly.

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Like 2

On 9/10/2023 at 2:46 PM, mokwit said:

Doing a 90 day report is a highlight of living in Isaan it seems.

Not for everyone. I still report on-line even though a new Immigration Office is now only 10 minutes drive away (it was over an hour). However, DoHome, Makro, ThaiWatsadu, Big 'C', Lotus's, Robinson's and HomePro are all less than 5 minutes drive.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2023 at 2:49 PM, patent12 said:

Apologies if this is a dumb question and has been answered plenty before (likely) - but is it possible to do both the 90 day report and 1 year extension of stay (1 year stamp) at the same sitting / desk/ appointment - at counter 4 and then cubicle B66?

Normally at BKK CW, the extension of stay and 90 day report, if doing the latter in person, are separate transactions done at separate work areas/counters.

Typically, BKK CW will want to see a valid 90-day reporting receipt as part of your extension application paperwork. So if you don't have a valid one (not already past due) when you go for your extension, you might want to handle the 90-day report transaction first.

• Like 1

My 90 day report continued to show as pending yesterday (13/09) - 17 days after submitting, so I went in to CW to do it along with the extension of stay afterwards. I cancelled the online report after I was done. 

Edited by patent12

The recent trend (based on posts here and on FB) at CW is that approvals come very close to, or on or a few days after, the Next Report Date.

Hopefully they'll get things sorted and get back to the previous range of 3  - 6 business days.

From the User's Guide, https://tm47.immigration.go.th/manual/IndexForeign.html

Apply process
           1. Login to the system.
           2. Click the NEW APPLICATION (TM 47) button.
           3. Fill in the information in english for notification of residence for more than 90 days and accept the conditions. (space marked with * are required)
           4. Click Submit button and the system will display the form for submission of notification for over 90 days.
           (Then wait for the immigration officer to check and approve for about 3 days.)
             ( *** In case the TM47 application is not approved, you will receive an email with the message "Please contact the nearest Immigration Office in person as soon as possible." )

7 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

The recent trend (based on posts here and on FB) at CW is that approvals come very close to, or on or a few days after, the Next Report Date.

Hopefully they'll get things sorted and get back to the previous range of 3  - 6 business days.

From the User's Guide, https://tm47.immigration.go.th/manual/IndexForeign.html

Apply process
           1. Login to the system.
           2. Click the NEW APPLICATION (TM 47) button.
           3. Fill in the information in english for notification of residence for more than 90 days and accept the conditions. (space marked with * are required)
           4. Click Submit button and the system will display the form for submission of notification for over 90 days.
           (Then wait for the immigration officer to check and approve for about 3 days.)
             ( *** In case the TM47 application is not approved, you will receive an email with the message "Please contact the nearest Immigration Office in person as soon as possible." )

I got a reminder yesterday and did my application this this morning and got the 90 days approved in under an hour.????

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Gandtee said:

I got a reminder yesterday and did my application this this morning and got the 90 days approved in under an hour.????

If your reporting office is BANGKOK/Chaeng Watthana (CW) then the thumbs-up is deserved and this is great news.

I specifically mentioned CW

23 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

The recent trend (based on posts here and on FB) at CW

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2023 at 9:15 PM, lelapin said:

I normally do my 90 day online but I am about to renew my UK passport. When I get it, with a new number, will I have to do the first 90 day after that with a visit to Jomtien Immigration to get it registered.

Yes.

On 9/7/2023 at 12:11 PM, bamnutsak said:

My reporting office is CW.

My 90-Day report by date was today, Sep. 7, 2023.

I applied on-line Aug. 24, 2023. My application is still Pending as of now. I have applied on line successfully ~ 10-ish times.

Today I went for my annual extension of stay (income/monthly) - which went quite quickly (appointment) - I then made my 90-day report in person (also an appointment (Counter A4 doc check, given  blue B66 ticket, serviced immediately at B66) - also went quickly, no wait, 2 minutes, done). I mentioned to the IO that I filed on-line, and she started shaking her head, waving her hand, and saying something like "not working, computer error". 

Asides:

Immigration/CW was absolutely heaving, there were 250 people number-queued in the seating area with another 250 standing without queue numbers.  I have never seen it that busy.

My ext stay is numbered 200nn, while last year's was 175nn. (Same date) So +2,500 more this year (so far).

This was after opening right? How does that work with 250 without queue numbers? Do they maintain a queue outside the entrance door like they do in the pre-8am, or is it a mad rush again with every tosser pushing forwarding thinking a overtaking speed walking/running isn't pushing in?

Edited by circa02

6 minutes ago, circa02 said:

This was after opening right? How does that work with 250 without queue numbers? Do they maintain a queue outside the entrance door like they do in the pre-8am, or is it a mad rush again with every tosser pushing forwarding thinking a overtaking speed walking/running isn't pushing in?

Are you asking about my experience filing a 90-day report in person with an appointment?

If so, then I simply went to the main Counter inside the office space, went to Counter A4, far right, this is  for 90-day reports ONLY, where they check your docs and hand you a plastic badge with "B66" on it. Proceed to desk B66, maybe 5 meters away and flash it to the processor. She may ask you your appointment time - she took me 15 minutes early.

I would make an appointment no earlier than 09:15 just to let the initial rush settle down.

Edited by bamnutsak

13 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Are you asking about my experience filing a 90-day report in person with an appointment?

If so, then I simply went to the main Counter inside the office space, went to Counter A4, far right, this is  for 90-day reports ONLY, where they check your docs and hand you a plastic badge with "B66" on it. Proceed to desk B66, maybe 5 meters away and flash it to the processor. She may ask you your appointment time - she took me 15 minutes early.

I would make an appointment no earlier than 09:15 just to let the initial rush settle down.

I mean what's story with another 250 standing without queue numbers, is that before opening or after opening? How did they manage to queue fairly then when they started issuing queue numbers again

4 minutes ago, circa02 said:

I mean what's story with another 250 standing without queue numbers, is that before opening or after opening? How did they manage to queue fairly then when they started issuing queue numbers again

Oh, OK.

Well the ~ 220 ish folks in the chair area have a paper ticket, and they enter in groups of 20. After that there is a snake queue which has formed and wraps around that lobby area near the entrance/security, so people file in and make their way through that mini-lobby into the main area and queue for a ticket. People just slowly made their way in a line.

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/2/2023 at 9:15 PM, lelapin said:

I normally do my 90 day online but I am about to renew my UK passport. When I get it, with a new number, will I have to do the first 90 day after that with a visit to Jomtien Immigration to get it registered.

I did my last 90-day report on-line using my old PP, even though a new PP had been issued (but I hadn't picked it up from the agent)...  My next 90-d is due just before my extension expires, so I'll do them together, along with swapping my stamps into the new PP...  Kill 3 birds with one stone to avoid multiple trips to my immigration office and save a few 100km trips...

• Like 1

On 10/4/2023 at 1:21 PM, steve73 said:

I did my last 90-day report on-line using my old PP, even though a new PP had been issued (but I hadn't picked it up from the agent)...  My next 90-d is due just before my extension expires, so I'll do them together, along with swapping my stamps into the new PP...  Kill 3 birds with one stone to avoid multiple trips to my immigration office and save a few 100km trips...

I have done that twice in the last 3 years although a number of local expats thought it was risky (or even illegal). I had a passport issued in November 2019 and left it until June 2020 (expiry date of old passport and one year extension) to have the information transferred. Then I had a passport issued in December 2022 and left it until June 2023 to have the data transferred. Immigration (Surin) didn't even comment.

• Thanks 1

I’ve done the online 90 day notification twice at CW.  The first took 10 days to get approved, the second (with all of the same information as the first) took 20 days and was rejected yesterday without any explanation.  I’m leaving CW now after having to pay 2,000 baht for being 4 days late submitting my 90 day notification.  Absolutely no one at CW cared that I had submitted everything online 3 weeks ago or would/could tell me why the online application was rejected.  Very frustrating.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, 11Bravo1p said:

I’ve done the online 90 day notification twice at CW.  The first took 10 days to get approved, the second (with all of the same information as the first) took 20 days and was rejected yesterday without any explanation.  I’m leaving CW now after having to pay 2,000 baht for being 4 days late submitting my 90 day notification.  Absolutely no one at CW cared that I had submitted everything online 3 weeks ago or would/could tell me why the online application was rejected.  Very frustrating.  

To be clear were you 4 days late or 11 days? Only there is supposed to be a grace period of 7 days after your 90 day report is due so it would wrong for them to fine you after only 4 days. 

Based on my personal experience with CW when physically going there to do your 90 day report because you online submittal is getting rejected (with no reason given) or has been pending for weeks when you ask the immigration officer processing your report why your online report is being rejected, why it's still pending after weeks, etc., they will just mumble something along the lines of maybe problems with the system or they don't know  as in other officers (probably trainees) located in another part of the building process the online reports.  Like two side by side offices basically doing the same thing but they don't interface with/talk to each other.

Bottomline always physically go do your report before within +15, -7 day reporting window if your online report doesn't get approved within that window which means that -7 day part may be smaller if a weekend/holiday occurs just before.  Telling the officer you shouldn't be fined for late reporting since you online report was submitted within the reporting window is probably not going to safe a person from being fined since a rejected/pending report counts as nothing to avoid a fine...only an approved report counts or a forgiving officer. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, 11Bravo1p said:

I was 11 days late, 4 days after the grace period ended.  My online application was rejected 3 days after the grace period ended.

It is disappointing that Imm/CW isn't more forgiving given there is some issue processing on-line 90-day reports.

Yes, I understand that rules are rules.

On 10/12/2023 at 4:31 PM, 11Bravo1p said:

was rejected yesterday without any explanation

It would be good to understand why your application was rejected, given it was a copy/paste from the previous successful filing.

Twenty days doesn't give you much of a cushion, just two-ish which if they occur on a weekend/Monday holiday could lead to a fine.

FWIW the FB gurus recommend cancelling the Pending application on-line just prior to filing in person.