In house anti mosquito device

FritsSikkink

10 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Mosquito's are attracted more to Co2 , your breath ,than UV lights,

better to get one of the electric tennis racket things, and swat them

when they come near. not expensive. and might improve your backhand ......????

regards Worgeordie

Maybe one of those Midgies CO² machines would work well

Portoti PR 25MB are very effective both inside and out.  But make sure real (about 900 baht or more).  Not the knock offs selling for 100 baht.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/portoti-pr-25mb-mosquito-pest-killer-i174536187-s358395528.html?exlaz=d_1:mm_150050845_51350204_2010350204::13:12361258259!116250861285!!!dsa-994763964701!c!!!!562801083306!206363463602&gclid=CjwKCAiA78aNBhAlEiwA7B76pz6ZSyilTWURd8X0LUR4SHbo1-W-NpZX7PLZUPygTzYWl234qFp75hoCbbYQAvD_BwE

Do normal blue light zappers kill mostly other insects and are not that effective but the Portoti is well made with computer grade fan and specific lights and in my experience over last two years very, very effective.  At that price and still having over one thousand 5 star reviews on Lazada says a lot.

Be very suspect of any inexpensive unit with cheap fan as had a BlackHole clone become an open fire as plastic burned.  This is one item that it pays to buy quality.

image.jpeg.b1556fe43540cfad4e576049a811753c.jpeg

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

regards Worgeordie

Quite right. It's CO2 in your breath and sweat that attracts them (only the females mind you).

https://www.lawnstarter.com/blog/pest-control/carbon-dioxide-mosquito-traps-do-they-really-work/

https://www.thoughtco.com/how-to-kill-mosquitoes-4160066

1 minute ago, lopburi3 said:

Portoti PR 25MB are very effective both inside and out.  But make sure real (about 900 baht or more).  Not the knock offs selling for 100 baht.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/portoti-pr-25mb-mosquito-pest-killer-i174536187-s358395528.html?exlaz=d_1:mm_150050845_51350204_2010350204::13:12361258259!116250861285!!!dsa-994763964701!c!!!!562801083306!206363463602&gclid=CjwKCAiA78aNBhAlEiwA7B76pz6ZSyilTWURd8X0LUR4SHbo1-W-NpZX7PLZUPygTzYWl234qFp75hoCbbYQAvD_BwE

Do normal blue light zappers kill mostly other insects and are not that effective but the Portoti is well made with computer grade fan and specific lights and in my experience over last two years very, very effective.  At that price and still having over one thousand 5 star reviews on Lazada says a lot.

Be very suspect of any inexpensive unit with cheap fan as had a BlackHole clone become an open fire as plastic burned.  This is one item that it pays to buy quality.

I dangled mine from the middle of a door frame with a nail and it 100% works, they actually use the correct wavelength for UV as opposed to just jamming purple lights inthere and I have hundreds of mosquitoes in mine very often.. a rare feat since I live right by the beach and we don't see many of them

only thing is that you don't want to be putting it in viewing distance of you as they will go to you instead..

in the about two years I have had mine i found out little butterfly in mine only once

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

regards Worgeordie

But if you kill them with a trap there are none remaining to breed and be attracted by your breath.  Been there, done that, almost no mosquitos anymore.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

regards Worgeordie

Why do they always go for my ankles and not my head ?

Wifey says they love very white skin.

23 minutes ago, charliebadenhop said:

They devices that let out small puffs of CO2 and not so expensive.

But I got a simple device on Lazada recently for about B250, the fan is so weak I thought it was not working...

And it catches about 10-15 a day, which is GREAT!

Why not put the link to it here then?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards Worgeordie

Don't you find, sitting up in your bed all night long with an electric swatter in your hand, a bit tiring though?  :cheesy::cheesy:

Edited by Chris.B
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

Yeah, what about mossi nets and fly screens?

I got it everywhere, in particular on all doors. ????

Sure, in addition to electric mosquito killers. There is no single solution. Build up your protection in layers. 

Look OUTSIDE your house if you can find puddles. of water. Ditch them.

Inside a mosquito nets on windows , doors and over bed.

The biters, only female, also dont like cold (airco on?) and drafts, so a fan over your bed or in house?

but there are several mosquito's, the most dangerous one is the tiger mosquito, which can spread dengue, malaria and some more diseases.

There are little ones , they bite on ankle, i know. You have  wounds but they luckily dont itch.

You use to have lotions with DEET which worked fine, but you dont see it anymore (that much), as DEET has other problems. Toxic for your body.

In the country i met a mosquito, it was on my chest, not that big, so instantly killed it.

However too late and she left me an allergy spot as big as a dollar. Was amazed, was first time ever. 

And tough i just saw her in a blink, im sure it was a mosquito.

3 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Don't you find, sitting up in your bed all night long with an electric swatter in your hand, a bit tiring though?  :cheesy::cheesy:

How do you even let them get into your bedroom , one place I take great care over,

its not so easy in other parts of the house ,with doors been open and shut all the time.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Joe Farang said:

Why do they always go for my ankles and not my head ?

Wifey says they love very white skin.

Most likely more blood pressure there , they seem to like my back, and  know

too bite just out of reach of my arm, 

regards worgeordie

31 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

How do you even let them get into your bedroom , one place I take great care over,

its not so easy in other parts of the house ,with doors been open and shut all the time.

regards worgeordie

They wait outside for you to open the door… quick as a flash they are…

• Like 2