SURVEY: Will the night life entertainment return? When?

Scott

SURVEY: Will the night life entertainment return? When?  

191 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The former "Lord of Soapy Massage" Chuwit Kamolwisit has said that the days of such prostitution in Thailand are over.   Do you agree with him?   Do you think that the entertainment industry will return as it has been in the past or will it change?

Please feel free to leave an opinion.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1242485-thailands-soapy-massage-days-are-over-prostitution-has-moved-online-now-says-chuwit/

It was already changing to be more Chinese - Thai style.  Fewer open bars with cute, brown Isaan girls, more discreet closed buildings with 'white' northern girls that appeal to Asian tastes.

Also, as Chewit pointed out, prostitution is moving online, rather than have to go to a bar and talk to a bunch of old men, the girls will just check their phones once in a while to see if they have any new customers.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Callmeishmael said:

It was already changing to be more Chinese - Thai style.  Fewer open bars with cute, brown Isaan girls, more discreet closed buildings with 'white' northern girls that appeal to Asian tastes.

Also, as Chewit pointed out, prostitution is moving online, rather than have to go to a bar and talk to a bunch of old men, the girls will just check their phones once in a while to see if they have any new customers.

Let's hope it doesn't go more like Singapore & become the land of BMD (Buy Me Drink) bars charging > 1,500 THB for a ladies drink & no chance of taking the girl out for the night... 

Not that I didn't have many a fun night in those bars ????  

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 1

Maybe a question to people who travel a little more.

Is there anything like Thai go-go bars anywhere else on the planet?

I don't travel much. But when I was in neighboring countries I found bars with bees and girls but nothing even near to Thai go-go bars.

I don't know how many people only like go-go bars compared to other places. But I am sure there are enough of us to fill a couple of bars.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Callmeishmael said:

The online thing is an exaggeration. The girls go out to drink, chat, dance  gossip meet friends etc. Sure they go on line too   but nightlife and entertainment are about socializing. Talk of prostitution is reductive and the term is used by outside observers who know nothing about the reality of P4P, nightlife, clubs, bars, GG bars, etc. And that's why it is finished Covid-19 is not conducive to mass gatherings, large groups, intimacy etc.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Now that Omicron (Covid 2) has found a way to not kill it's host, Omicron will end the pandemic and this will end up as a flu or a cold, give it till this time next year and things will be back in full swing IMO.

People are waiting to let loose, and people need to make money to survive, prostitution is a necessity in Thailand and we all know the reasons for that.

But there no tax on prostitution so the government doesn't lose out

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't travel much. But when I was in neighboring countries I found bars with bees and girls but nothing even near to Thai go-go bars.

I don't know how many people only like go-go bars compared to other places. But I am sure there are enough of us to fill a couple of bars.

Yes the good ones are great fun. Now the G clubs are organizing naked table dancing.

11 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I can only speak for Asia, the only place I have been that's comparable is the PI.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

more comments than votes at this moment  .... that's strange ....????

I voted! Am not a clairvoyant though 555.  Yes since April 2021, and of course starting in March 2020 things have changed, but drinking and available ladies have not changed, other than the venues.  Now you have to find the lady online or in treetown area, and drink in your room... well up until a week or so ago when alcohol started being served again.   Never picked up ladies at gogo's or went to clubs like Ibar, so those being closed does not affect my lifestyle.  I do enjoy gogo's for some fun with ladies, and cannot see why some will not return.  LK metro gogos and golden time possibly.  Walking street maybe on the east side as the seaside businesses it is said will not be able to renew leases.  Saw on place a couple doors down from New York diner is already demolished (no not the one that burned down months ago)  

As always having fun with ladies is possible and bedroom fun is almost always on the menu for a price. 

Nothing in life is forever, go with the flow, change is good, etc...

Peace

• Like 2

Just now, Skallywag said:

I voted! Am not a clairvoyant though 555.  Yes since April 2021, and of course starting in March 2020 things have changed, but drinking and available ladies have not changed, other than the venues.  Now you have to find the lady online or in treetown area, and drink in your room... well up until a week or so ago when alcohol started being served again.   Never picked up ladies at gogo's or went to clubs like Ibar, so those being closed does not affect my lifestyle.  I do enjoy gogo's for some fun with ladies, and cannot see why some will not return.  LK metro gogos and golden time possibly.  Walking street maybe on the east side as the seaside businesses it is said will not be able to renew leases.  Saw on place a couple doors down from New York diner is already demolished (no not the one that burned down months ago)  

As always having fun with ladies is possible and bedroom fun is almost always on the menu for a price. 

Nothing in life is forever, go with the flow, change is good, etc...

Peace

????

My comment seems to make the voting happen as  now the votes are high enough  comparing the  comments ...????

I guess Th.Gov. take the Covid opportunity to decimate at least a big part  the Pattaya nightlife , in favor for their planned " family oriented resort " (???? ) and shift night life to Bangkok area ....

• Sad 1