Pattaya bar, tourism, and entertainment venue owners hold major meeting with numerous government officials, call for legal reopening

webfact

IMG_1827-696x464.jpg

PHOTO: 77kaoded Chonburi / Amphon Sangkaew

By Goong Nang(GN)

Pattaya – Pattaya bar, tourism, and entertainment venue operators are calling for the legal reopening of their venues before the major Pattaya New Year’s festival and Countdown.

A major meeting was held at the Pattaya City Hall yesterday (December 14th) and was led by the Pattaya Business and Tourism Association President Mr. Boonanan Pattanasin, Banglamung District Chief Mr. Wuttisak Singhadaecho, Mrs. Lisa Hamilton (representing the Jomtien Bar and Restaurant owners association), Pattaya and Chonburi law enforcement senior officials including new Pattaya police chief Pol. Col. Kullachart Kullachai, Pattaya Mayor Sonthaya Khunplume, Chonburi health officials, Chonburi provincial officials, and representatives from multiple tourism and business-related associations from nearly every business sector in Pattaya representing over eight different tourism-related organizations.

Mr. Boonanan stated at the meeting, “Under the current rules, SHA+ certified (Safety and Health Administration certification, which requires multiple substantial steps) restaurants are allowed to sell alcohol from 11:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. and from 5:00 P.M. to 11:00 P.M. All customers must be cleared from restaurants before midnight. If any restaurants do not follow these rules they must be ordered to close by law enforcement.”

“We have continued to ask the CCSA (Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration) for the legal reopening of bars and entertainment venues before New Year as there will be many tourists that visit Pattaya. (Closure of bars and entertainment venues is a national level order, notes TPN media, with the CCSA previously stating they will be considered by mid-January nationally) Pattaya has been running massive events every weekend since November 1st and there has been no sign of an increase in Covid-19 cases in the area, despite tens of thousands of domestic tourists visiting every single weekend and many events, like the fireworks festival, being very successful.” Boonanan explained.

“In fact, Covid-19 cases in Chonburi, in general, have dropped and most cases in Pattaya are related to factories, construction, and companies in Rayong whose employees reside in Banglamung. According to the Chonburi Department of Public Health, over 80% of the province has had at least one dose of a Covid-19 vaccine, and Pattaya specifically is over 85% double-dosed, according to the Mayor (Based on housing registration and permanent residents, notes TPN media). Pattaya and Chonburi have a large number of available hospitals and medical care. 

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/12/15/pattaya-bar-tourism-and-entertainment-venue-owners-hold-major-meeting-with-numerous-government-officials-call-for-legal-reopening/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Like 1

Why shouldn't they be allowed to open.

Caught up with couple of friends last night Soi 4, Sukhumvit.

Was quite surprised how busy it was. So why have they crucified Pattaya.

BTW don't mention Tree Town. Visited that joint during fireworks festival. Horrible and the paper cups don't help.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

The problem long term is I think Prayut has some re-modelling plans for Pattaya.

Seems strange why one of the countries largest resort areas is being kept virtually closed.

I think he's trying to bankrupt as many as possible then sweep through with a new layout.

sounds about right - interesting that many bars have been given a nod to open from yesterday 

• Like 1

I have a bad feeling the plan is to coral all the punters onto that small strip of soi buakow and sterilize everything else for hordes of Chinese “”””big spenders”””

the thing is soi buakow is already packed with punters and even with minimal tourist numbers it’s already too much. There’s too many dudes chasing a small amount of girls. Kind of gross 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, treetops said:

Seems the nod came from the wrong person given today's "official" announcement. ????

what official announcement?

I know many bars that have been given the all clear - they have been closed up to yesterday and they are not "pretend" restaurants, they are now open, I also know a couple of the owners

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, smedly said:

what official announcement?

I know many bars that have been given the all clear - they have been closed up to yesterday and they are not "pretend" restaurants, they are now open, I also know a couple of the owners

It's been quoted in a couple of threads on here and I think it comes from The Pattaya News group, but essentially it turns round the unofficial comments from the other day that bars could open.

51 minutes ago, treetops said:

It's been quoted in a couple of threads on here and I think it comes from The Pattaya News group, but essentially it turns round the unofficial comments from the other day that bars could open.

got the nod means they were told they could open on the QT .............................. unofficially 

The official line is they are not allowed to open, I hope that clears it up for you

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, smedly said:

got the nod means they were told they could open on the QT .............................. unofficially 

The official line is they are not allowed to open, I hope that clears it up for you

They got the nod based on the comments made after a meeting the bar/tourist sector groups had with the mayor et al.  They may turn out not to have been the best advised comments it's clear now.

12 hours ago, treetops said:

They got the nod based on the comments made after a meeting the bar/tourist sector groups had with the mayor et al.  They may turn out not to have been the best advised comments it's clear now.

And yet....

On 12/15/2021 at 3:04 PM, Henk Langeweg said:

When they open I hope they will give us fresh beer and not 7 months old ...

That happened to me a few months back, I forgot to go to makro one day and went to a little shop in my soi, never again I suffered that night

• Like 1

This is supposed to be high season for tourists, and even the dolts that are in the

government, must have a small clue, that the international tourists like to go out\to the entertainment spots.

I am sure that by April when it gets too hot for most tourists, the GM?PM and his bunch will

finally realize that it is the end of high season, and only 7 months until Winter of 2022 2023 

begins again. Good Luck to all.

It is claimed that the repercussions of keeping all bars closed till mid- January caused Emirates airline's website to crash as people cancelled their flights to Thailand. This caused alarm amongst some in the Government and some serious thinking about rescuing the situation.

• Thanks 1

On 12/17/2021 at 1:27 PM, champers said:

It is claimed that the repercussions of keeping all bars closed till mid- January caused Emirates airline's website to crash as people cancelled their flights to Thailand. This caused alarm amongst some in the Government and some serious thinking about rescuing the situation.

The solution was to let bars sell alcohol as restaurants, AFTER they pay for the authorization to do so, then shortly after, simply let bars sell alcohol.  Cha-Ching.  ????