Do you need your passport when getting vaccinated?

ThLT

If you plan on getting a vaccine passport, you should make sure that your passport details are entered into the system when you get your second shot.

My Thai wife was initially given her Vaccine certificate without passport details, I sent her back immediately & they entered her passport into the system.

The staff seemed unaware of this requirement, even though there is space on the form clearly labelled "Passport number".

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Interesting, when I booked via work they would only accept the ID and not passport, the system works in mysterious ways.

Yup. I actually handed them my pink ID hoping it might get me through quicker. Wrong. They did everyone else first then came back with my card and told me they wanted my passport only.

As you say , different places,different requirements.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Crossy said:

Interesting, when I booked via work they would only accept the ID and not passport, the system works in mysterious ways.

Yes just took my Thai ID  but because I am registered at the hospital actually no ID  name in your ID is in Thai  and they want your name in English so I gave my Driving licence 

3 minutes ago, arick said:

Yes just took my Thai ID  but because I am registered at the hospital actually no ID  name in your ID is in Thai  and they want your name in English so I gave my Driving licence 

For a nationwide system it's just inconsistenly inconsistent.

I just booked my booster using just my ID and phone number.

https://app.dtac.co.th/vaccine/check-qr

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

For a nationwide system it's just inconsistenly inconsistent.

Thai's ask for your passport  before you take a <deleted>.  THAI ID number is enough  and they still have my number wrong.  Your passport number is on your drivers license. I will see if I get it sorted at khon khaen private hospital at 09:00am  it will be interesting what they do with my third vaccine and if they ass it ro my existing vaccine slip 

On 12/16/2021 at 7:03 AM, Crossy said:

I registered at my hospital some years ago with my pink card. The hospital registered me on Mor Phrom when first launched and I was vaccinated around 9 am the day the vaccine rollout started.

The pink card has it's benefits.

YES. Need your passport here for nearly everything! Couldn't believe a couple years ago, had to show passport to top up my BTS (Skytrain) card which I'd had since the very beginning. Soon gonna need passport here to take a dump! ???? 

• Haha 1

On 12/16/2021 at 6:39 AM, Crossy said:

Yup, passport or pink ID.

Note that if you use the ID your passport number won't get in to the MOH database.

You can add it if you request that, I have both numbers in the Mor Prom database

• Like 1

On 12/16/2021 at 6:39 AM, Crossy said:

Yup, passport or pink ID.

Note that if you use the ID your passport number won't get in to the MOH database.

They wouldn't take my passport, wanted the pink ID card, this was in AT Klaeng Rayong, now my name is in Thai,

when I get the booster I am going to try and convert it with my passport, don't think any outgoing airlines will accept a certificate with the name in Thai

• Like 1

1 minute ago, flexomike said:

They wouldn't take my passport, wanted the pink ID card, this was in AT Klaeng Rayong, now my name is in Thai,

when I get the booster I am going to try and convert it with my passport, don't think any outgoing airlines will accept a certificate with the name in Thai

When you apply for your Vaccine Passport there's slots for your PP No and name in English so you should be good to go. 

• Like 1

Thanks to the endless wisdom of those who have gone before me ' ubonjoe as one example I always have for every official activity (your is one example of said activity) my passport.

For every-day moving about always carry your Thai drivers license, AND a colour copy of your passport ID and current visa/extension stamp pages (mine are laminated just so lol ????). 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

For every-day moving about always carry your Thai drivers license, AND a colour copy of your passport ID and current visa/extension stamp pages (mine are laminated just so lol ????). 

Ditto, and of course in 15 years here I've never been asked for the ruddy thing!

My case: was offered vaccination at the district/village level in July and August.

I was asked to use the pink card.

I had registered long before for Moderna at THG with passport number.

Today I got my Moderna shot (an absolute mass!! gathering at KK convention/exhibiton center, worth a separate story, 3 hours).

I gave them some headache and pointing to my vac.cert. based on pink card (13 digit ID).

They did their best and struggled.

In the end now I have a certificate (in Morphrom) with all three shots based on the 13 digit ID.

Name is in Thai script.

Latin script name is "Mr." :biggrin:

I don't bother too much as I guess it will be good for use in Thailand combined with the pink card.

On the other hand I will try to rectify and add name in Latin script.

And to the original topic: of course a passport (or pink card) needed. Proper photo ID.

Was it in New Zealand where you can get a shot with some insurance card without photo? A guy managed to get 10(!) shots in a day for paying "customers" (selling the certificates).

Edited by KhunBENQ

42 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

My case: was offered vaccination at the district/village level in July and August.

I was asked to use the pink card.

I had registered long before for Moderna at THG with passport number.

Today I got my Moderna shot (an absolute mass!! gathering at KK convention/exhibiton center, worth a separate story, 3 hours).

I gave them some headache and pointing to my vac.cert. based on pink card (13 digit ID).

They did their best and struggled.

In the end now I have a certificate (in Morphrom) with all three shots based on the 13 digit ID.

Name is in Thai script.

Latin script name is "Mr." :biggrin:

I don't bother too much as I guess it will be good for use in Thailand combined with the pink card.

On the other hand I will try to rectify and add name in Latin script.

And to the original topic: of course a passport (or pink card) needed. Proper photo ID.

Was it in New Zealand where you can get a shot with some insurance card without photo? A guy managed to get 10(!) shots in a day for paying "customers" (selling the certificates).

If you ring thr hospital, that you did yr first vaccine and they took yr pink id number to register, they will add your full name in English after the Mr. Or Ms. 

Wife rang they did hers and mine appeared on the app within 20 minutes. 

Now ever field on the certificate shows both languages and was accepted by our doctor in Australia to upload our vaccines to Medicare through AIR(Australia immunisation register) 

Easy peazy