Central platform to simplify entry preparations for tourists unveiled

snoop1130

This country must be eternally grateful for experts like Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn; he contributes on a daily basis to entertainment of the finest order. 

What do these people really think - if at all? If you don't know the job then have a look how experts in other countries are filling empty hotels, restaurants, pubs, beaches, tour buses etc. 

17 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I was planning a trip next April to see family in the states. Now, not so much. Risking that much money on a leap of faith with the Thai gubmint - seems less and less likely with each passing day.

My brother postponed a visit here from UK during 2020 due to lockdowns, this year was just as bad with all the hurdles to overcome to visit.

Next year he said he still didn't like the headache associated with travel here.

Our sister lives in Perth and we we're trying to plan a reunion as it's been 15 years since we we're all together.

However I have said that the nightmare of getting back in here far outweighs the joy of getting out for a week.

I hope the 3 of us are still alive and can see each other easily sometime soon ,while waiting for Thailand to come to it's senses. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He added the government wanted people in Thailand to enjoy the festivities after a long period of absence

As I read today accord to minister ANutin, - to enjoy the festivities - that will be only one day. At 1am 1.1.2022 everybody should go to bed. Great advertising for festivities.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

My brother postponed a visit here from UK during 2020 due to lockdowns, this year was just as bad with all the hurdles to overcome to visit.

Next year he said he still didn't like the headache associated with travel here.

Our sister lives in Perth and we we're trying to plan a reunion as it's been 15 years since we we're all together.

However I have said that the nightmare of getting back in here far outweighs the joy of getting out for a week.

I hope the 3 of us are still alive and can see each other easily sometime soon ,while waiting for Thailand to come to it's senses. 

And, as far as I know, I'm required to spend at least 21 days in the states to satisfy some damned requirement (though I'm easily and often confused). I love my family but 21 days of them? That's stretching things.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, kg1947 said:

with all those " regulations , limitations , rules , laws , etc. " 

Pattaya will be busy like this ....  enjoy the solitude ......

9F4D7A75-F345-4CD1-A302-277F5AB2E99B.jpeg

(CLICK TO EXPAND)
I hope these are not Chinese tourist pigeons - there's currently  an outbreak of Avian flu happening in China.

Edited by robsamui
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Until people can get a 30 day stamp at BKK, there won't be any tourism.

Once this "high season" is over in early January 2022, tourism will go off a cliff again.

No one is interested in their platforms.

I notice once again, that they are not saying openly that, if you have turned 75yo you need not apply, because there isn't an insurance category to cover you even if you could afford or be prepared to pay the premium.

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Look at Colombia for an example. They're already there.

You forget one thing : stubborn resistance to advice coming from outside the Thai-sphere.

A bit of a joke, of course, I agree about Colombia doing it better .... and guess what? Colombia has not changed the rules 10 times over since 2020!

As for the attractiveness of a country like Colombia, compared to Thailand, I have posted several comments in the last few months.

Edited by gejohesch
adding a line
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, daveAustin said:

You want simple? Open the country, test on entry. Done! Stop f*****g about. Don’t employ 300 penpushers to come up with another bloated convoluted system BECAUSE YOU CAN, just copy another country with half a brain. Thailand, I love you dearly but when you think too mutt, everything goes to S    !

Drop the insurance,that’ll make it a lot easier to come and go

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, worldexpress said:

It's simply a madness. Why are they keep trying to reinvent the wheel? They had 40+ million visitors on the old non-system. That wasn't working? You dance with the one that brought ya.

From 40 million in 2019 down to around 400K this year. This corresponds to a decrease of minus 99%. So much for the competence of the tourism strategists in this country.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

From 40 million in 2019 down to around 400K this year. This corresponds to a decrease of minus 99%. So much for the competence of the tourism strategists in this country.

The entities that currently run Thailand always wanted it that way. Covid is the perfect subterfuge for their pathetic little automaton agenda. 

3 hours ago, koele2 said:

Probably some connected rich kid got the contract to develop this latest round of tourist website.  Got paid millions of baht, and the site works sometimes, doesn’t make any sense, and is pointless overall.

It's been reported that the budget for this project - which is essentially just a portal page with links to other sites - is just under 50 million baht, so you're probably right.

3 hours ago, arithai12 said:

There are several methods: scan and transfer (app from your bank), pre-paid cards such as Rabbit, contact-less bank cards, and proprietary payment methods from some phone brands... it all works, what's your problem?

Most of those are unavailable or impractical for actual tourists (i.e., people here on holiday for two weeks, not those who spend 11 months of every year here with a house and local family). Contactless bank cards are fine, but most merchants other than the very largest either don't have terminals that support tap-and-go, or don't realize that they do.

2 hours ago, SunsetT said:

Just take it away from Immigration completely. They just love to make their tasks more and more time consuming in order to puff up their egos and to justify their existence. 

This new website is not being developed or run by immigration.

38 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

And, as far as I know, I'm required to spend at least 21 days in the states to satisfy some damned requirement (though I'm easily and often confused). I love my family but 21 days of them? That's stretching things.

If you're talking about traveling from Thailand to the US and back again, there's no minimum time you need to spend there - your time in Thailand prior to the trip counts as part of the 21 days.

"If I am travelling out of Thailand to stay in listed countries / territories for the duration of less than 21 days, am I eligible for the Test and Go scheme?

- Yes. However, please make sure that you do not stay in non-listed countries / territories during your travel after leaving and before re-entering Thailand (except for Transit purpose); otherwise you will be ineligible for the Test and Go scheme."

https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/content/thailand-pass-faqs-2

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, treetops said:

Looks like this which is not new and was supposed to do what was described except for COE instead of Thailand Pass a while back.

https://www.entrythailand.go.th/en/

It wasn't much use then and I don't expect it'll be any better now.  Warning - you may get a security certificate error when opening it due to the professionalism of whoever is behind it.

Your connection is not secure

The owner of www.entrythailand.go.th has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

Learn more…

Report errors like this to help Mozilla identify and block malicious sites

They can't even write their code properly!!!

18 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

There's no weblink to any new Entry Thailand website in the OP report...

And in the OP, one part says the new platform has been "launched," while a later reference says it's "being developed."

Ahh... but it does exist... in all its glory:

http://entrythailand.go.th/en/

Registered for the Thailand Tourism Directory.  Tried to login, "wrong email or password" message.  I had saved it so I know it's correct.  Ultimately couldn't get in.  Maybe it's not ready?

25 minutes ago, PuaSai said:

Registered for the Thailand Tourism Directory.  Tried to login, "wrong email or password" message.  I had saved it so I know it's correct.  Ultimately couldn't get in.  Maybe it's not ready?

Maybe Thailand isn't ready. Lost their mojo?

1 hour ago, Bobydog said:

I notice once again, that they are not saying openly that, if you have turned 75yo you need not apply, because there isn't an insurance category to cover you even if you could afford or be prepared to pay the premium.

Wasn't aware of this but the problem of getting elderly expat insurance, now and in the future, would be a reason i would advise people to keep a bolt hole in their home country.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, daveAustin said:

That’s a little napoleon macron politico. He knows it’s already in the house but is just being a nob. Happy Christmas little boy. 

Sorry, I had been misled by the forum into thinking only Thailand could be wrong.

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Wasn't aware of this but the problem of getting elderly expat insurance, now and in the future, would be a reason i would advise people to keep a bolt hole in their home country.

Or don't retire to Thailand in the first place. There are many other options.