KrungThai Max deposit 50k

9 minutes ago, chang50 said:

This will wreak havoc on those who use the 65k income method for their retirement extensions.

Not if it's just cash deposits as the OP seems to mention. I hope it doesn't apply to overseas transfers. SWIFT transfers are only ok if you can transfer high amounts. Even so, 50k is a ridiculously low amount.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why?   Pensions are not paid into accounts using bank notes.

Let's hope it is just cash deposits however you can probably remember there was a recent thread about wise transfers and reports on the wise facebook page of thai banks refusing transfers.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, chang50 said:

Let's hope it is just cash deposits however you can probably remember there was a recent thread about wise transfers and reports on the wise facebook page of thai banks refusing transfers.

"...thai banks refusing transfers".

What do you mean, "Thais banks refusing transfers", transfers out of Thailand or transfers into Thai banks?   No Thai bank is refusing to accept transfers into Thai bank accounts.  Why would they?

Maybe you mean transactions through Wise being restricted?  Wise isn't a Thai bank.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...thai banks refusing transfers".

What do you mean, "Thais banks refusing transfers", transfers out of Thailand or transfers into Thai banks?   No Thai bank is refusing to accept transfers into Thai bank accounts.  Why would they?

Maybe you mean transactions through Wise being restricted?  Wise isn't a Thai bank.

Into Thailand the wise community facebook page has a couple of people suggesting that there is a problem at the Thai end one specifically stating SCB has refused a money transfer.Don't shoot the messenger!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, dsj said:

Even years ago, you could only do online transfers of a max of 50,000 Baht, anything over that and you have to do more. I believe wire transfers are ago.

Paid for a car last year....590,000 baht from my Kasikorn app. You may be confusing the default amounts on the account vs what is possible if you change them. This year I also paid 250,000 baht or something similar for Dental Implant bill...all online transfers from my app.

Edited by tonray

5 minutes ago, Luuk Chaai said:

everything seems to work fine, I just transferred in 165k using Wise from the US,,  completed in  4 seconds

Into which bank?  Reports are surfacing that Bangkok Bank is the only bank where +50k is possible…….   You can help us understand by telling us which bank you transferred to.  Thanks!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, JackGats said:

Not if it's just cash deposits as the OP seems to mention. I hope it doesn't apply to overseas transfers. SWIFT transfers are only ok if you can transfer high amounts. Even so, 50k is a ridiculously low amount.

Just a few days ago I transferred funds into kasi, far beyond the amount mentioned. No problem. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Chivas said:

I recall this came up recently here using Transfer(wise) where the monies were returned as equated to more than 50,000 Baht

I sent 99,996 through uk Twise to Kasikorn 3 days ago arrived in 4 seconds.

I had issues on TWise last year when 3 of my monthly transfers which were over 100k and they went via Bangkok Bank.

Following a chat they advised me that in future all transactions will go straight to my Kasikorn Account.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JackGats said:

"Even so, 50k is a ridiculously low amount."

Not anymore, govts and banks in the west have a lot of suspicion about anyone depositing, withdrawing or holding cash for that amount.

Edited by userabcd
  • Confused 4

I noticed a reference within this thread to restrictions on wise transfers ( a previous post )and also the possibility that this could cause problems for those using the B 65,000 income method for renewing retirement visas. Unable to find the original post I would appreciate a pointer in this direction.

24 minutes ago, john smith said:

I noticed a reference within this thread to restrictions on wise transfers ( a previous post )and also the possibility that this could cause problems for those using the B 65,000 income method for renewing retirement visas. Unable to find the original post I would appreciate a pointer in this direction.

It was titled 'money transfer restrictions' on december 1 by poster 'chelseafan'.