Thai cabinet to be asked to ease requirements for face masks in “COVID Safe” areas

webfact

15 hours ago, RandolphGB said:

If you believe masks stop you from catching Covid,  I have magic beans to sell you.

I always wondered what sort of person actually bought magic beans to begin with, and then tries to resell them?

Oh, well, takes all kinds.

Let me guess, you have a bridge - which you also bought - for sale?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, ifmu said:

their are no covid safe areas     period 

Hey!!! shut up!!!  I have my girlfriend convinced that removing all potentially contaminated clothing when coming over and going directly to the covid free bedroom insures it will remain a covid safe area.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Glassjaw said:

Wearing a mask in an empty park, beach or street is absolutely ridiculous full stop.

Those are areas one practices wearing a mask and then it becomes routine and easy to wear one when out and about amongst people and protecting fellow humans from oneself.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

There is an influx of farang tourists in Pattaya at the moment, the majority are not wearing masks even in the supermarkets etc. None of the staff appear to bothered or say anything although 7/11s near me will ask you to check your temperature and won’t let you enter with out a mask. I don’t think the farang tourists are aware it’s mandatory to wear a mask.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good timing with Omicron starting to spread in Thailand. Great idea to ban African travellers while allowing travellers from the UK with 90k+ cases a day and Omicron already the dominant strain in London. 

Thailand will masks everywhere and lock downs by the end of January.

1 hour ago, Jumbo1968 said:

There is an influx of farang tourists in Pattaya at the moment, the majority are not wearing masks even in the supermarkets etc. None of the staff appear to bothered or say anything although 7/11s near me will ask you to check your temperature and won’t let you enter with out a mask. I don’t think the farang tourists are aware it’s mandatory to wear a mask.

haven't seen anybody without mask at any shop since years...

I guess that you must have special power or just post BS ?!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, thierryviteau said:

haven't seen anybody without mask at any shop since years...

I guess that you must have special power or just post BS ?!

My special powers have observed many farangs  every day in Big C and walking on Soi Bukhao during the day on more so on an evening with no masks, not BS !

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Glassjaw said:

Wearing a mask in an empty park, beach or street is absolutely ridiculous full stop.

Absolutely, but you still see people moaning about kids playing in the park without wearing one.  Hard to believe they were young once or ever knew what fun was. 

• Like 2

The U.K. has nearly 100000 Covid cases, mask wearing only mandatory in certain places, Thailand less than 6000, mask wearing mandatory,  does that suggest wearing a mask reduces the risk of Covid infections albeit I struggle to agree with the number of positive cases of Covid in Thailand.