Pattaya City announces strict New Year’s Countdown festival rules-only double vaccinated AND recently tested for Covid-19 can attend

webfact

25 minutes ago, asiasurfer said:

If they think this will work, good luck with it. Either it cannot be enforced, or just hardly anyone will come. I guess the latter.

I don't think the later will happen as rules are for guidance only, not Thais, if following road rules are a pointer. Foreigners who have been here a while will no doubt just follow suit so all in all just hot air again to make themselves sound good.

Edited by Excel

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I await the post event reports with baited breath. Did they enforce it or was it the normal fiasco?

I went to one such event at Bali Hi and would never go to another. Thousands of people crammed in and for sure many deaths in the event of a panic and people cramming the exits.

I know what you mean. I went to such an event there and I could feel a crowd crush happening. There is nothing you can do about it. I don't trust that the proper prevention measures are in place here.

• Like 1

Its just not realistic. They could and should cut out the testing part but even if they did and even if they checked if a family group showed up and one of them wasn't vaxed, they're really gonna turn away the entire family?

Edited by Jingthing

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Its just not realistic. They could and should cut out the testing part but even if they did and even if they checked if a family group showed up and one of them wasn't vaxed, they're really gonna turn away the entire family?

If you are vaccinated you are "safe" and will never get Covid as Covid vaccines are "Safe and Effective."  Trust the science!

"You’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations."
"If you’re vaccinated, you’re not going to be hospitalized, you’re not going to be in the ICU unit, and you’re not going to die."

-Joe Biden, July 2021 CNN town hall meeting

I fully trust the President of the United States and know that he would never lie to the public.  So?  Why again is it that fully vaccinated need ATK (or PCR) tests?
just curious. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ArcticFox said:

If you are vaccinated you are "safe" and will never get Covid as Covid vaccines are "Safe and Effective."  Trust the science!

"You’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations."
"If you’re vaccinated, you’re not going to be hospitalized, you’re not going to be in the ICU unit, and you’re not going to die."

-Joe Biden, July 2021 CNN town hall meeting

I fully trust the President of the United States and know that he would never lie to the public.  So?  Why again is it that fully vaccinated need ATK (or PCR) tests?
just curious. 

You mean you fully trust the current president or fully trust anyone who has ever been president?

It's just the previous chap was not a big fan of the truth and said it would go away by Easter 2020.

I expect you believed that and this has stirred your 'curiosity'.

A doctor suggests plenty of bleach and a very bright light up the bum.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, mrfill said:

You mean you fully trust the current president or fully trust anyone who has ever been president?

It's just the previous chap was not a big fan of the truth and said it would go away by Easter 2020.

I expect you believed that and this has stirred your 'curiosity'.

A doctor suggests plenty of bleach and a very bright light up the bum.

I believe my President. ???????? Anyone who doesn't believe our Commander-in-Chief?.... is a Dog-faced, Pony-Soldier Conspiracy theorist!   Truth. 

Edited by ArcticFox
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Caldera said:

If both the Music Festival and the Fireworks Festival are any indication, they'll fence off some pretty small area and enforce their strict rules within that area. Within that area only, that is, while tens of thousands of people will roam the beach and party completely unchecked.

Very good description. I was there in November when the music festival took place.

And exactly that happened.

Later I read about the much more cramped event in Jomtien.

Will be in P. for the NY but will surely watch all this from the distance.

Has other personal reasons too. Since an event in 1987 I avoid to be locked in uncontrollable masses. Fear stampede.

• Haha 1