Do you like this cold weather ?

toofarnorth

Not particularly - after 12 years in Songkhla, it’s a bit of a shock to the system living in a rental property in Khon Kaen without hot water. 

The only satisfaction is that friends tell me it hasn’t stopped raining for weeks in Hat Yai, everything get so damp and falls to pieces. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Not particularly - after 12 years in Songkhla, it’s a bit of a shock to the system living in a rental property in Khon Kaen without hot water. 

The only satisfaction is that friends tell me it hasn’t stopped raining for weeks in Hat Yai, everything get so damp and falls to pieces. 

It's dry in Hat Yai today ????

Yeah, feels good except riding the bicycle....

I can't believe I've become climatised/climatized here...Coolish feeling at 80F.....

However, I noticed when we go back to the states,  hot, warm, or snow it seems instantly normal with no discomfort....

The misses and the boy are camping out on the balcony in a tent.

Too cold out there for me, I'm in bed with a dressing gown on and a duvet over the top to try and keep warm.

The rabbits sit on the driveway with their ears flat and their fur all puffed up.

They look very miserable, don't think they like it this cold (15c).

Edited by BritManToo

I wouldn't call this cold but I will say it's cooler and I love it.  No humidity, no need for the A/C, I can work out in the garden longer without soaking my clothes in sweat.  The temp will have to drop to 15-20c before I break out the long pants, for now my cargo shorts & flip flops will do just fine.

My lady said it was cold.I saw her on cam last nigth before locked the doors to her salon.She wasnt happy at all.Even in our bedroom it was cold she said.She just brrrrrrr when she arrived the bedroom and took a hot shower.We live in korat.

9 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Got down to 18 C here in BKK last night, slept with the sliders open and the screen doors shut to keep out any unwelcome bugs, felt very nice.  Glad to have ceiling fans as well that help when we sleep.  No aircon running for the past few days in the house except from about 3pm to 7 pm as the sun runs down the sky on our side of the building.  Right now its 26 C, should be down to 19C tonight.  Makes for nice workout weather in the early morning as well, keeps me from sweating during my run in Lumpini.

Yes the electrical bill sure drops this time off year !!!

• Thanks 1

I reckon that the older I get, the more I feel the cold. Seems to me that it gets colder every year as well. When I lived in the UK, my house was less than 2 miles from the North Sea but the cold never seemed to bother me. Now I like temperatures of at least 30C. I've become as soft as $hite living here. My "thermal insulation" has also decreased by 10-12 Kg during my time here. It's never been cold enough to warrant "long pants" yet though.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

12c in Chiang Mai this morning.

There we go , I live north of Chiang Rai yes it is cooling and I'm not fooling , Led Zep. moment.

Is it always this cold this time of year or just my bones getting older ?

The Heavy Mob is back on my lap , must be cold .

IMGP1683.JPG