Dissatisfied and lonely expats

Benithon

7 minutes ago, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

I needed help since early childhood. Marriage made me get that help, not just for my sake but for my family's. I posted in that topic because no one should be ashamed of their mental condition. If any poster wants to be a douche about it I couldn't care less.

And you are not alone among expats when it comes to mental issues, but it takes balls to admit it, and also do something positive about it.

Respect

On 12/23/2021 at 10:20 AM, Benithon said:

I feel deep emptiness and dissatisfaction.

Dude, you have problems, first your anxiety post regarding Thai beer now this depressing story. 

I don't understand why so many members post these negative thoughts, what's going on.  

Seems to be quite a few lately. 

You guys won't be happy whever you reside. 

There was a recent post (its still active) by a kiwi, living in NZ, he was missing Thailand. 
I gave him some pointers about relocating to SE Asia, then he replied saying his NZ pension wouldn't allow him to relocate. 
He's not even accountable for his failures, blaming the NZ bureaucrats because he can't relocate to Thailand, he would lose his pension, this is his own poor planning, why blame others? 

OMG, from the day I started working my parents told me, don't rely on the government pension, get a job, save for your future.

I'm still in my 50s and will never see an Australian pension, due to my assets and the Australian government keep increasing the required age for the pension, the peanuts you get each fortnight you will only allow a monkey to survive. 

I can see people losing interest once they arrive here in Thailand because you need money to enjoy your life, going out to nice restaurants, maybe buying a car and motorcycle to visit places of interest, living in a condo/house to call home. 

It's crazy to come to Thailand, just renting a room above a bar in soi Buakao and getting drunk everyday, this is not a life, depression will set in then you'll question yourself, looking for answers, there's no hope for those without a plan, before feeling sad and sorry for yourself have a plan in place. If it's not doable then don't do it. 

Thailand is so beautiful, so dynamic, so many smiling faces, lovely parks and beaches, awesome weather. The affordability is amazing, so cheap but it's still difficult on an Australian/NZ pension, we're all nearing the end of your journey in life, it should be enjoyed, posting sadness, wanting others to feel sorry for you. 

Geeze, it's Christmas, if you're home sick get back to where you come from and be miserable. 

Relocating to Thailand is not for everyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, jvs said:

I have never found them to be a real problem,usually there is a nice breeze at the beach

and if you keep your tent closed you will be fine.

During the hours that mosquitos are out i use "Off" and that keeps them at bay.

There is a group in Thailand made up of both foreigners and Thai people that go out camping

on small motorbikes at least once a month.

They have done big and small trips and are planning another big trip to Cambodia .

When they go South i usually join them and sometimes i go alone.

bike.jpg

Carry your very own LAW rockets ? 555

My lady allways make sure im not lonely.She working long hours everyday.Even im in my country now she make me feel good.Last nigth we pray together on cam.Today we eat her lunch together.Sometimes she call me from the mall or other places.Even she say goodnigth and feel sleepy she ask if she can see me 5 minutes.Sometimes she fell asleep when we talk on cam.Even we figthing sometimes we allways make sure we go sleep happy and wake up happy.We know echother many years before agree to be a couple.I had my experiences..she had hers.Anyway past is past.

20 hours ago, rott said:
On 12/23/2021 at 1:13 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Not everyone is the same as you, many expats actually came here for work.

I came here to get away from work, just having a few in the Crown Royal in Patpong nice little bar better when it had customers. 

Finish this then off for something to eat. 

Interesting, when I'd finished work in CP Tower I also used to head to the Crown Royal every evening, really nice bar.  This was in 1994/5.   Derby King or The Madrid was always good for some quick scran.

24 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Dude, you have problems, first your anxiety post regarding Thai beer now this depressing story. 

I don't understand why so many members post these negative thoughts, what's going on.  

Seems to be quite a few lately. 

You guys won't be happy whever you reside. 

There was a recent post (its still active) by a kiwi, living in NZ, he was missing Thailand. 
I gave him some pointers about relocating to SE Asia, then he replied saying his NZ pension wouldn't allow him to relocate. 
He's not even accountable for his failures, blaming the NZ bureaucrats because he can't relocate to Thailand, he would lose his pension, this is his own poor planning, why blame others? 

OMG, from the day I started working my parents told me, don't rely on the government pension, get a job, save for your future.

I'm still in my 50s and will never see an Australian pension, due to my assets and the Australian government keep increasing the required age for the pension, the peanuts you get each fortnight you will only allow a monkey to survive. 

I can see people losing interest once they arrive here in Thailand because you need money to enjoy your life, going out to nice restaurants, maybe buying a car and motorcycle to visit places of interest, living in a condo/house to call home. 

It's crazy to come to Thailand, just renting a room above a bar in soi Buakao and getting drunk everyday, this is not a life, depression will set in then you'll question yourself, looking for answers, there's no hope for those without a plan, before feeling sad and sorry for yourself have a plan in place. If it's not doable then don't do it. 

Thailand is so beautiful, so dynamic, so many smiling faces, lovely parks and beaches, awesome weather. The affordability is amazing, so cheap but it's still difficult on an Australian/NZ pension, we're all nearing the end of your journey in life, it should be enjoyed, posting sadness, wanting others to feel sorry for you. 

Geeze, it's Christmas, if you're home sick get back to where you come from and be miserable. 

Relocating to Thailand is not for everyone.

Lol sorry but you do sound like a newbie to Thailand, I've been here 12 years, I am not meaning to offend but you come across as a little naive ....

21 hours ago, RickG16 said:
On 12/23/2021 at 1:36 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

So did I and same to you even though I'm not a Scouser!

Just change your username mate. Not the first time you've had this little mix up.

So what, why should I?  I have never had "this little mix up", maybe other posters have, but I haven't! 

Why don't you change your username?  Mate.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

have never had "this little mix up", maybe other posters have, but I haven't! 

You had it with me too!

That's fair enough... Carry on as Liverpool Lou .... Which Liverpool we might never know .....

Life is balance. We all think getting to do the one thing we always wanted is it, but after awhile it becomes empty and looses its appeal. And the only reason for this is that you don’t have anyone to share it with and look back on the memories. Be it a good mate or a partner. Hence the feeling of loneliness 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Interesting, when I'd finished work in CP Tower I also used to head to the Crown Royal every evening, really nice bar.  This was in 1994/5.   Derby King or The Madrid was always good for some quick scran.

After the demise of Jools the Madrid became my top bar in Bangkok. Unfortunately it has not reopened and is unlikely to, though I have been told it is possible in the New Year but In Surawong opposite the Marriott. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Benithon said:

Lol sorry but you do sound like a newbie to Thailand, I've been here 12 years, I am not meaning to offend but you come across as a little naive ....

The appeal can fade once one is fully aware of the background stories and hopes and dreams/aspirations of a vast majority (my opinion) ladies who serve in the establishments such as bars/coyotes/agogos. That's somebody's daughter, sister, mum etc etc and they all have their own story. The transition from feeling like one is in a candy shop where anything goes can soon (in not so many years) switch over to one of pity and/or a sort of 'down-ish' feeling. You know what I mean, when reality sets in and one realises that it really is business only, regardless of how good the acting is. Then things evolve into more of a mutual understanding - but the activities can still be performed.... but not so fun once it's understood that the chit chat and what not is all basically from a 'book of sentences' which are spoken to all potential sources of income alike. It's cool if one can get past that and build a genine rapport and, as I say, mutual undersanding. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OishiRefill said:

The transition from feeling like one is in a candy shop where anything goes can soon (in not so many years) switch over to one of pity and/or a sort of 'down-ish' feeling.

For most women sex and marriage was always business, and men were just a means to an end.

It was a bit of a blow when I realised that, but when faced with reality, use the knowledge to your advantage and get on with having fun.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

For most women sex and marriage was always business, and men were just a means to an end.

It was a bit of a blow when I realised that, but when faced with reality, use the knowledge to your advantage and get on with having fun.

Precisely. Armed with the foreknowledge, expect little, and if those expectations are surpassed, it is a bonus!

• Like 1

On 12/23/2021 at 11:19 AM, Chris.B said:

"Anyone else bored of the bar scene and the beer drinking in Thailand? I feel deep emptiness and dissatisfaction.

Maybe Thailand is for people with sociopath tendencies, I feel no satasfaction here  hanging around bars and drinking alcohol anymore.

I find it boring."

Do you sit on the same bar stall every night or do you change occasionally?  :cheesy:

Do you feel comfortable and are you able to converse with the other types of staff at the establishments? If so, have you found that talking to security guys or bartenders can be enjoyable? If not, give learning more spoken Thai a shot... you will be surprised at the genuine welcome you will feel if you do that. As opposed to the well worn questions asked of you by the female service staff. The guys can and do talk guy stuff. That's enjoyable and you can make some genuine connections over time. Also, instead of tipping the staff who get the most tips, it is an option to directly tip one of the others such as the guy watching over the floor space, or the DJ if it's a quiet night. If total tips go into a pot and are shared equally among employees then my suggestion makes no difference to the day's income for the person you single out to receive your tip, but in many cases I think it can. 

• Confused 1

On 12/23/2021 at 10:20 AM, Benithon said:

Anyone else bored of the bar scene and the beer drinking in Thailand? I feel deep emptiness and dissatisfaction.

Wat Pah Nanachart.  You're ripe now for a Buddhist conversion.

15 hours ago, Benithon said:

I'm a newbie.......... You are mixed up. 

Far from it.
Bought my first house in 2001 here in pattaya, still here, my home, same place 20 years later.

You didn't offend me, it's just your attitude, it brings people down, it's Christmas, enough with the doom and gloom, it's time to be merry and jolly ho, ho, ho and all that stuff.

I get it, if you're here alone it would be difficult, I have my family here, but if you're alone it's because you chose to be.

This Forum is turning into a soap opera with all the snowflake postings, bloody attention seekers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I get it, if you're here alone it would be difficult, I have my family here, but if you're alone it's because you chose to be.

Agree, it's hard for a foreign guy to be alone in Thailand.

Longest I managed being alone in the past 12 years was 2 weeks.

I'm quite impressed when I meet a guy that's successfully hidden from the Thai women.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 5:50 PM, Hummin said:

When you socialize, it is always involved alcohol, even you go riding motorbike, go diving, play golf, go dinner,,,,,,,, 

Where do you guys meet and what do you do when there is not alcohol involved? 

I never going to get used to this I guess, and also do other things where no alcohol is involved. 

Is alcohol a good social thing or bad one! 

In your life.

In my life none needed to drink alcohol. Never offered it when I went to a friend's place, but was offered soft drink, juice etc.

I don't even understand why some HAVE to have alcohol after work.

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Agree, it's hard for a foreign guy to be alone in Thailand.

Longest I managed being alone in the past 12 years was 2 weeks.

I'm quite impressed when I meet a guy that's successfully hidden from the Thai women.

Disagree. My last year there I never had a woman and wasn't a problem.

Not like I was hiding. I once saw a BG I liked and thought about taking her back to hotel, but the mama san was taking the <deleted> when she told me how much the ( non English speaking ) girl would be for the night, so I laughed at her and left.

It wasn't hard to stay alone because I was in Chiang Mai, and other than the already mentioned girl, I never saw one that I had any desire to have anything to do with. Would have been different in Pattaya, 'cause the girls there are pretty.