Over 200 Omicron cases confirmed in Thailand, Kalasin -Udon Thani cluster of concern

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The couple’s initial COVID-19 test results were negative

So what is the point of testing? But at the same time it says...

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Relatives who came in close contact with the couple subsequently tested positive for the Omicron variant, which is thought to have come from the couple.

So they're guessing that it did.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Walker88 said:

One of the 'pre-existing conditions' to be added to the list, at least in a world of The Onion-like humor, is: "conspiracy theorist"

The un-vaxxed, fearing a Bill Gates microchip or violation of Free Dumb, will be given a Darwin Award.

Information from hospital nurse in Stoke Mandeville to a funeral director in Milton Keynes, suggests mostly vaccinated being admitted. Maybe it’s conspiracy fact!???? shhh don’t tell anyone.

1 hour ago, koratkarlos said:

Does anyone know the official booster schedule policy in Thailand?  From my reading I have seen booster after 3 months second dose AZ, Sinovac. Sinopharm 6 months after double dose of Pfizer/Moderna.  But I have seen different numbers also.  Can private hospitals bend the rules for Moderna boosters.  Thank you in advance.

I have been advised by Medpark hospital, where I received 2 x Pfizer jabs a few months ago, that the government requires a 6 month interval for 3rd Pfizer Booster injection. (Same for those 2x Moderna vaxed)

Their info graphic shows 3 months only for boosters of  Pfizer or Moderna for those who previously received AZ or the Sino vaccines. 

So it's March next year for me, unless Govt policy changes. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JimHuaHin said:

Considering the hundreds of farang tourists in Hua Hin Market Village this morning, some not wearing masks I must add (no, not the people in the food court eating, people walking around!!!), I am sure there will be reports of Omicron in Hua Hin before the year is out.

I thought I read a report Huahin only had 9 tourists since opening. ????

7 minutes ago, Chosenfew said:

Let it rip - old, fat and sick stay isolated. I’m moving on with my life.

Good for you! About time! What I've said and done since Overreaction-19 first discovered. Have traveled to 7 countries during past 2 years. Spent time in 8 US states last year and considerable time in 4 provinces here in Thailand this year. Been on 6 domestic flights here this year and 4 more booked next month, including 1 additional province. Also busses and taxis and GRAB and BOLT and songtaews. Many hotels + dine-in restaurants, bars and massage when and where they were open and quite a few that weren't supposed to be open! ????????????

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Enoon said:

There is no mention in the report of either of the returned couple having tested positive.

Ok yeh. Maybe I should read it properly. But still the blame game is still at play here. Also people have quoted the UK numbers , hospitalisations and deaths. These are very low numbers and the UK is not even  locked down at all!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Why is this even worth talking about? 200 people have something that has possibly killed one person in the whole world! 

Insanity

It's not just the medical side. UK chief medical officer stated that they are looking at the wider impact on services. If you have many people having to isolate, doctors, nurses, police, ambulance, fire etc, it can have a knock on effect on services. Estimated 1 in 35 people in London now have covid.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Petey11 said:

The blame game from government ministers will be in full swing rather than admit that woefully inadequate testing in Thailand's domestic population has let Omicron get a foot hold because they had no idea of true infection levels domestically.

Fact is it has already been shown to have got a foot hold through T&G being inadequate and allowed to spread wildly as a result so to continue to allow another 90,000 to enter knowing that they will be entering from places such as the UK and USA, is only going to make matters worse.

If they continue this policy they only have themselves to blame for not reintroducing the 7 day quarantine and allowing people to exploit the existing  loophole which will potentially result in another lockdown situation. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, sead said:

Luckily when a virus spreads faster it's also gets weaker.. 

That’s what happens with most respiratory viruses. You get a mild strain, a few sniffles, and behave as normal, mixing with heaps of people. I’m unlucky enough to get a more severe strain that confines me to bed for days. You don’t have to be Einstein to see which strain will spread faster.

With the current virus from China, we’ve been trying to isolate the whole population as if everyone’s infected with a deadly plague, and so there’s been little selection pressure in favour of milder strains.

What intrigues me is that.

As it appears from data from South Africa the omicron virus is showing symptoms of just the cold virus, and as someone as stated it appears 21 have died from omicron in the uk.

And 50% of admission to hospital were not omicron related but on being admitted to hospital were found to be tested positive for omicron. Any deaths are sad.

But what were the average figures of death in a country say UK. Pre covid times from flu, influenza, pneumonia during the winter seasons.

Is it worse today or was it worse pre covid times because all you hear about is covid related deaths

2 hours ago, orchidfan said:

I have been advised by Medpark hospital, where I received 2 x Pfizer jabs a few months ago, that the government requires a 6 month interval for 3rd Pfizer Booster injection. (Same for those 2x Moderna vaxed)

Their info graphic shows 3 months only for boosters of  Pfizer or Moderna for those who previously received AZ or the Sino vaccines. 

So it's March next year for me, unless Govt policy changes. 

Friend of wifey and mine has just arranged a Pfizer booster for us next week at a Govt hospital. Second AZ just over 3 months ago. Maybe policy has just changed.