Cash Handouts Offered to Night Entertainment Workers

snoop1130

01.jpg

BANGKOK, Dec 29 (TNA) – The government will transfer the first batch of cash handouts to about 30,000 workers in the night entertainment sector today to relieve their COVID-19 hardship, according to the government spokesman. 

Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana, the spokesman, said the Social Security Office would transfer 5,000-baht handouts to the bank accounts of about 30,000 people today. The recipients were among about 120,000 workers in the entertainment sector, whose profiles were stored in the database of the Social Security system. 

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-852008

tnalogo.jpg
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Dose that includes the lady of the night we like and admire? i hope so, they were THE major attractions to most of the nightlife mongers and patrons over the last 30 years that i know...

Not unless they can register as a musical entertainer before 14th Jan ! 

I know a few who can play the Piccolo or the big pink Oboe , so there's hope for some I guess !

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Dose that includes the lady of the night we like and admire? i hope so, they were THE major attractions to most of the nightlife mongers and patrons over the last 30 years that i know...

Yes it includes the ladies of the night but only if you over 55

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

I don't like or admire them, you should mix with a better class of people!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The government will transfer the first batch of cash handouts to about 30,000 workers in the night entertainment sector today to relieve their COVID-19 hardship, according to the government spokesman.

What's that, about 10% of those affected?

17 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

UK furlough scheme 70% of wages during worst of pandemic.

Result - multi year low unemployment and  still falling when economy reopened.

Thailand - do nothing.

Throw a few useless token gestures to the peasantry, rice price low of 5 baht, let them eat frogs, field rats and fido if theirs nothing left.

Rack up even more debt on mortgages, cars, motorbikes and phones.

20% of GDP gone with a ridiculous Test-Wait-Maybe-Go-Hospital scheme to pretend we give a fiddlers.

Top 5% of Thai society gets richer, keeping up our stellar record of the most unequal distribution of wealth in SE Asia.

Well done.

80%

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

It's good to see these cash handouts .....  it at least helps them in a small way which is better than nothing at all.

Well done Khun Prayut Chan O Cha.

Yes well done (not)....so a person who qualifies for this abundant handout, and has been out of work for up to 2 years, is compensated with approximately 7 baht a day (or a whopping 13 baht if out of work for a year).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, charmonman said:

Then they get looked down on by the more "respectable" members of society

Yes, dirty looks from a waitress at the hotel breakfast..... but save up a bit and go home with plenty money, and I guarantee their past indiscretions are not important.