What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

8 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Yeah bring on some more. It reminded me of Ray Donovan  actually.  I discovered it by accident as I did Joe Pickett.

Yes, I had the same thought about the similarity with a slightly toned down version of RD.

Catching the Black Cab Rapist

RAR

Documentary offering new analysis of the investigation into the prolific serial rapist John Worboys, who drugged, raped and sexually assaulted over 100 victims in the back of his black cab between 2000 and 2008.

• Thanks 2

Dupe post - iPad having a brain fart.

Can’t find a trailer but, I’m watching a 3 part Channel 4 documentary, Moors Murders - about Ian Brady and Myra. 

Edited by recom273
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, recom273 said:

It’s all good man. It’s a recommendation thread, if more people recommend, then it must be worth a look-see.

Channel 5 are/were always the worst channel in the UK, but from time to time they pull some good dramas out of the hat, the drowning was another decent drama from C5.

I forgot to mention, The Ipcress File - New ITV series starring Joe Cole,  not too sure about his performance in gangs of London, but anyway, upcoming this weekend.

Next to be added to my nightly viewing now I have finally finished plastic sea, UKs finest, Gary Oldman in Slow Horses should be available in the usual places now. 

Where did you find Slow Horses?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

A very good realist rom com for grown ups. 'Catastrophe'. The UK version. Not sentimental. A great find.  4 series of six episodes.

Having just finished The Last Kindom, a historical drama about Anglo Saxon England I am now struggling a bit with 'Valhalla Vikings' ..lots of men roaring....Oh and an African women Viking leader!  Woke casting strikes again!

Where is Catastrophe available?

14 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

On the IMDb app you can select the 9.0 and above ratings:

635C4985-DEC0-4359-9040-9F42A9AFA27F.thumb.png.c9c6e1203405fe95a66032ea425d161a.png

You can scroll down to try and find it, I did see a couple of 10’s ya couple of 9.9’s but the list never seemed to end so I gave up .

A 10 rating could change rapidly if few votes so look at 9.5 and above might narrow your search.

As good as IMDB is it is not as good or detailed a wiki. IMDB has no real "weight" to it. Is so user friendly as to be childish in many ways. IMHO I think the wiki reviews are a hundred times better, more in depth, more grown up,  broader based reflecting production features and literary connections AND IT RATING SYSTEM defined as 'reception' is also better using metacritic, Rotten tomatoes etc. I heartily recommend wiki reviews over IMDB.

52 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

better using metacritic, Rotten tomatoes etc.

I also like Rotten Tomatoes reviews, but only the Audience Ratings - not their Critic’s ratings. 

Don’t suppose there’s a search tool or app available that displays ????% RT Audience Scores - as opposed to their “Tomatometer”

Edited by Nemises

6 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

One of my favourite series has been killing eve well just watched series 4 the first episode ,wont bother with the second,who wrote this <deleted>? 

I did not like Killing Eve. It was just Bridget  Jones with añáĺ sex. Neurotic self centred woman..

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nemises said:

I also like Rotten Tomatoes reviews, but only the Audience Ratings - not their Critic’s ratings. 

Don’t suppose there’s a search tool or app available that displays ????% RT Audience Scores - as opposed to their “Tomatometer”

I like that wiki aggragates or includes different rating systems with a written explanation  not  just a number.

19 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I did not like Killing Eve. It was just Bridget  Jones with añáĺ sex. Neurotic self centred woman..

First 2 seasons were pretty good but this S04 ain't cutting it. The first 2 episodes were flat out boring for me.

7 hours ago, longball53098 said:
On 3/3/2022 at 2:31 PM, The Hammer2021 said:

First 2 seasons were pretty good but this S04 ain't cutting it. The first 2 episodes were flat out boring for me.

I also couldn't be bothered with Killing Eve.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Currently starting  Chelsea Detectives...looks V promising.....And Troppo has potential but not quite there

"The Chelsea Detective"............. Sorry, not being pedantic---but sometimes it just needs 1 letter out and they get a no Show answer.    Yer, Just started it, looks OK full series is on TPB.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Will27 said:

Pieces of her.

New one just out.

Summary: When a Saturday afternoon trip to the mall with her mother suddenly explodes into violence, an adrift young woman's conception of her mother is forever changed.

I know it has reasonable ratings on IMDB, but the first episode left me cold.

Watched the movie, "Against the Ice" and thought it was good, if a little drawn out at the end. Based on a true story and interesting.

Was keen to see this as I had watched the film, "Amundsen" a short while ago, and still can't get over how badly he was treated by the British establishment, praising the fact that Scott almost got there, and demeaning Amundsen and his team because they ate their dogs to achieve their goal!

They learnt this from the Inuit, whereas the Scott expedition used ponies and mechanical sleighs, which were both a disaster.

• Like 2